Community - Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Official Service Closure Announcement
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am 

Hello Olympians and Titans!

We are sad to announce that Legend of Edda: Vengeance will be officially closing on 01/22/2014.

After discussing internally, we have concluded that the current game service is not providing the proper gaming experience and support to our fans. Despite our efforts, hacking attempts, gold purchasing, and game crashing created an unstable gaming environment. With all these factors, there is no way to continue providing support to the game financially.

Proper compensation will be given to those who have been active for the past three months. We are in the process of creating the compensation packages.

The GamesCampus staff sincerely thanks all of the Legend of Edda fans for their support.

Post subject: Re: Official Service Closure Announcement
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:38 pm 

That's a shame, because he still had hopes that the game would remain for a few more months, to make sure it really wouldn't grow back, I found very cut time of decision, just 1 month and a half, but as already decided I only come to regret once more, because the game is shows.

Titan
Class Cleric
Name Sacerdote
Level 39
War G2

Titan
Class Assassin
Name Orpheu
Level 39
War G2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm 

Yea really sad that yet again the game is closing. We as a player base pour out money into the FTP game Item mall for months boosting gear and leveling with extreme xp requirements and monsters way over powered so you have to gain +7 or better gear thru the item mall to be able to play any of the better content.

Whats worse is that instead of working on in game content "twice" you base most the game around costumes and pets for sale in the item mall rather than in game content. Is this a rant? perhaps, but more than that is a suggestion

If you ever decide at a 3rd time of this game, Put more into in-game content and less on the item mall till you have a solid player base.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:17 pm 

Lol i didn't even get to play much. I logged in, played for a day or two on opening day. got my super special olympian god of war costume and now server is closing. been here since open beta, 2010. or sometime around there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:22 pm 

Lmao!

Saw this coming since the day Closed Beta opened. The game was a disaster compared to the old version. I knew this new version wouldn't last if the old one didn't.

Glad I didn't bother wasting my time at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:40 pm 

This is quite unfortunate. Love to all my illegit guildies <3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:26 pm 

LMAO I didn't even had the time to play 1 sec cuz of launcher error oh well I guess that prove that the support service isn't good to help players cuz its been 2 weeks since I sended a Q&A and never got an answer

if any1 as a good game and can help me start on it tell me im looking for 1

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:19 am 

Boys2men wrote:
LMAO I didn't even had the time to play 1 sec cuz of launcher error oh well I guess that prove that the support service isn't good to help players cuz its been 2 weeks since I sended a Q&A and never got an answer

Thank you

There is a new Legend of Edda private server just opened up by cyberzone, you can continue your LoE adventures there.
EXP Rate : 20X
God Point Rate : 20X
Item Rate : 10X
Drop Rate : 5X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:33 am 

Virizion wrote:
Boys2men wrote:

Thank you

There is a new Legend of Edda private server just opened up by cyberzone, you can continue your LoE adventures there.
EXP Rate : 20X
God Point Rate : 20X
Item Rate : 10X
Drop Rate : 5X

looks trash compared to reminiscence. the admin didnt even know how to work the server for a full week with titan town being none accessable not to mention he has no players at all...war is always empty and his version is super imbalanced =/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:14 pm 

I spent a ton of money on this game. what compensation would be enough? this is the only game i play from gamecampus....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:44 am 

#IToldYouSo LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:21 am 

Awww, I will miss mah afkish place :c buhbai~ D:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:15 pm 

I knew it was going to happen. Even if it wasn't official or spoken of before I left, I was hoping for the closure for a long time. I'm glad the management of GC didn't drag it out longer. The developers are quite horrible (unresponsive and contradictory). The trouble I went through with them, while mostly nice people, was probably the most stressful in my 4 years at GC (one time our coordinator didn't even show up for maintenance...negligent.)

Sorry to the players, but I think this is a good move on GC's part. Relaunching it in the first place was a bad move. I was excited to be the head of relaunching a game with such a big fanbase at first, but after seeing what EYASoft provided us with and the support (or lack of) they could give us, my hopes for the game were quickly demolished. Then seeing them unable to handle our event requests properly, making most of them craft events, was also disappointing (especially since we were taking the task of thinking up events off their hands). The Christmas event is what you get when EYASoft implements events themselves.

I urge you all to not blame the GM (Tokki), but instead vent your frustrations toward the management who decided and pushed the game launch when it wasn't ready/up to par with what players wanted, and the developers who couldn't deliver a decent experience.

Also, when it comes to compensation, I don't know what it is, but keep in mind that will also be partially management's decision. Tokki will do her best to give compensation within the restrictions the management gives her...so if you don't feel it's fair compensation, try not to take it out on her :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:53 pm 

Yeah, my experience with eyasoft isnt that good either as a user, they bring something quite good with awesome community at first then rerelease/upgrade it (for example something online to something plus, some people know what i am talking about) which always seems too much buggy or just not good enough for release yet. It might be someone else who forced them to do that but as for now, i know only that much and will keep thinking that way of eyasoft.

Tokki was really good GM (or at least from my experience, esp. solving problems) and i think those, who sent ticked about some bugs or problems, experienced the same, but thats from my point of view. Not sure about compensation but im sure whatever it will be, it wont be enough for those, who spent lotsa of money on this game

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:55 pm 

I am well aware that it is not the Gm's fault for managements screw ups. It is sad they hang the poor Gm's out to the slaughter of the fans for there misguided judgment.

I am Like Istriker, Edda was the only game I was interested in playing from gamescampus,

We will as gamers move on with are gaming life as we have done before, It seems a lot of the old Edda players have moved to privet servers or over seas servers.

I am glad that at least Tokki has to this point permitted are venting and has not told any of us we are out of line calling out the management for there disgraceful actions, Thank you Tokki for this.

I know from a business perspective they did not make millions on there launch, in fact if they netted more more then 3 times there investment they are probably doing something.

I will log on tomorrow for a while providing i am feeling a little better to have the floor wiped with me in war a couple times if someone wants to prove there the best in the dead game.

One thing that may make for a good time would be to gather to see if the remaining player base on the oly side can take out snow pakeda, I have like 160 bronze coins saved up so we could have a ball!