Community - Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Solar Golf Balls ...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:45 am 

Ok these things look great and have +4skill, +4power and other combos but for 10$ for 250 balls? I could use that in 2 days maybe 3. I have mixed opinons about em but the prob. be for 40+mil in auction with is crazy for balls... andyway your thoughts?

**EDIT just saw someone selling these balls for 100mil yes that right 100mil for balls that will be gone if a jiffy.

Post subject: Re:New Solar Golf Balls ...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:14 am 

Just another 'ploy' from our friends at SOL to suck more money out of us. Did you ever noticed how they introduce things at planned intervals? When their revenue starts slowing down, they always have something new to entice people. Sure, +4 stats is awesome, but temporary, unless you keep buying more and more.
Those that have a lot of money to spend, of course will buy them,most of us won't. Does seem like a lot, and a poor value.
CymaII + MageiaII = 830cc, only things worth a crap if you ask me. Actually, I rarely use Cyma or Mageia any more, and I am enjoying the game even more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:36 am 

dubbatee wrote:
Quote:
Just another 'ploy' from our friends at SOL to suck more money out of us. Did you ever noticed how they introduce things at planned intervals? When their revenue starts slowing down, they always have something new to entice people. Sure, +4 stats is awesome, but temporary, unless you keep buying more and more.
Those that have a lot of money to spend, of course will buy them,most of us won't. Does seem like a lot, and a poor value.
CymaII + MageiaII = 830cc, only things worth a crap if you ask me. Actually, I rarely use Cyma or Mageia any more, and I am enjoying the game even more.

With all due respect, SO are a business trying to make money .. why should we be surprised every time they introduce a new item?

As for introducing things at planned intervals, its called cashflow ... without cashflow a business won't survive.

Just my opinion, but either buy or not based on your opinion of value .. lets not biscuit every time they introduce a new item!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:51 am 

stuartmcl wrote:
Quote:
With all due respect, SO are a business trying to make money .. why should we be surprised every time they introduce a new item?

As for introducing things at planned intervals, its called cashflow ... without cashflow a business won't survive.

Just my opinion, but either buy or not based on your opinion of value .. lets not biscuit every time they introduce a new item!

1.Let me guess....with your vast business knowledge...you are a college professor teaching Business 101.
But seriously:
2.We were discussing the value of the new balls, which in our opinion are overpriced and a poor value.
3.With all do respect, what exactly is your opinion?
4.What is the purpose of your post?
5.I'm sorry our posts irritated you to the extent that you considered them 'bitching'.
6.You made me make another worthless post.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:03 am 

dubbatee wrote:
Quote:
stuartmcl wrote:
Quote:

1.Let me guess....with your vast business knowledge...you are a college professor teaching Business 101.
But seriously:
2.We were discussing the value of the new balls, which in our opinion are overpriced and a poor value.
3.With all do respect, what exactly is your opinion?
4.What is the purpose of your post?
5.I'm sorry our posts irritated you to the extent that you considered them 'bitching'.

I can see you put a bit of thought into this post mate .. a much improved effort n1.

.. and that was the purpose of my post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:25 am 

I'm going to have to say.. no.. its not worth $10 for 250 balls even for +4 skill. While 4 cents a ball may not sound like much, you can figure that you can buy 400 sets of 100 balls from Freya (the 50k ones) under the current market for the same price.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:58 am 

stuartmcl wrote:
Quote:
.. lets not biscuit every time they introduce a new item!

Where's the fun in the that? :P

Seriously, why spend all that hard earned dough when you can whack a +6 power zodiac in instead? Yes, they have to earn money by introducing new over-priced items like this but... no, we don't have to fall for it every single time!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:01 am 

dubbatee wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, and look what it's doing to your face... sheeesh! :woohoo:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:07 am 

Well I won't be buying any.

The only things I'm likely to buy these days are mag's but only when there's an offer on.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:31 am 

Cudos coffers, thats all I do, or a ticket here or there when I feel like it.

I know these things are stupidly priced, and there will be a few people that by them, not for the use, but for the early NG value to sell, but as soon as the general smart public figures out that it would have been better to buy a 1000 skill zod for 15 mil, all those poor saps will be stuck with balls that arent worth didly.

The funniest part to be is that SO puts them out there with "Limited time offer".

wait a second, they must be worth a lot, sorry got to go buy some now, C yas

Dez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:14 pm 

solar balls = utter bollocks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:41 pm 

100mill for a golf ball, thats mad!

sorry about the short post but jeez thats just stupid. the balls are amazing but at that price, not worth it for 250