Community - Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Problems with Launcher - Hints and Tricks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:06 am 

Well, thought maybe I would try and be helpful and give some of my personal hints and tricks for getting the damn launcher to connect (since I seem to be the king of it, as my fellow guildmates can attest). This is what I do, it's become a nightly routine...

As soon as you turn on your pc, connect to the internet as soon as you can.

Immediately after this, hit the launcher icon (no computer expert here, but I can see the green light going wild on my laptop which I assume means its doing it's thing properly ;))

When the launcher comes up, start changing around from line one to line two every few seconds. It usually connects. For an extra boost of internet activty/connectivity, I sometimes blast my explorer homepage.

I generally have to try 3 or 4 times, sometimes restarting the computer again to get it to work, but it does work. My wife's lappy has the same issues and this rountine seems to be sucessful for her too.

A year or so ago this never happened, connecting was a breeze. Not sure what has changed in the last few months.

Good thing I love this damn game, cuz it's frustrating.

If anyone else has helpful hints, post 'em here.

Cheers,

Johnryanryanryan -A.i.M-

Post subject: Re:Problems with Launcher - Hints and Tricks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:37 am 

hmmm not sure what you arre talking about... I have no issue with launching the game. The only time i do have an issue is if I try to join the game before my pc acquires an IP address from the dhcp server on my router.