Community - Forum
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: HIO Prizes & Item Mall
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:00 pm 

Oh come on Shot Online. I thought you was in the process of updating this?

This week I have got a Hurricane 5W & a Loki Pin 50 for a HIO. Really??????

As for the Item mall, well where do I start as it is way out of date. You still have FF Tickets in lucky boxes. Jeez. :shock:

Guild Master

Post subject: Re: HIO Prizes & Item Mall
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:16 pm 

i got a HIo and got non r tempest irons..straight to the bin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:42 am 

The itemmall is a total joke these days. You can't buy what you need a lot. This week i bought 30 pletaboxes and stuff what i need was a brooch and a good mag. Not 1 broochor mag in all those boxes. That is absolute joke. Why aren't there brooches, good mags, theurgia's and good exp gems in itemmall for sale. I am sure i would spend more overall. This gambling with buying boxes is a joke, because you get a lot of times stuff you don't need. So update your itemmall and give us the possibilty to buy stuff we need

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:49 am 

edwin1978 wrote:
you get a lot of times stuff you don't need.

That is exactly what they want. With current box system, almost all time, you are buying things that you really don't need hoping to get the stuff you need. If they sold directly the items you want in the item-mall, you wouldn't buy the items you don't need and the income for them would be much lower. Price of good items would have to be extremely abusive in the item-mall to compensate this fact, therefore, it will never happen.

Remember this is only a business for them. They have shown with last years' updates that basically money is only relevant for them; they just want you to play more and spend more. They have not added anything to game that don't increase their income options.

If you don't agree with their management policy, simply don't spend money here like I am doing since I realized...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:39 am 

mopsos!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:54 am 

Yes, Totally agree, its about time all boxes etc etc are updated

Luckyboxes , Freya Boxes, Gold Boxes , 100ng for " Nice Shot " lol

And while we're on it,

How about updating Gold / Gold Plat awards for buying plz
low lvl 100 shot mag N4 x 3
power/skill fit tickets that you have trouble selling for sensible price

Please put these things into suggestions for Devs approval like our German server friends seem to have

mickydee , GM Cauz-n-Chaos , Vallar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:13 am 

there so many elements that need an update that i wont write them up because i feel lazy just as SO is lazy about doing something about it lol

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:10 am 

Still nothing changed. Just got the below.

Attachments:
SO.JPG
SO.JPG [ 37.19 KiB | Viewed 1585 times ]

Guild Master

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:14 pm 

2 HIO in the last week i get junk , making a new toon gets better stuff then the HIO BOXES.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:08 am 

You summed it up well Drk8476

I haven't opened the Box's (Present, Cover, Lucky box D) in game for about 2 years.

Too bad there are no patches, like to stop smoking lol. But I think about it more and more ...

Concerning the shop, the DEV's are working on it ...

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:50 am 

If I understand this correctly, you buy a box and anything could come out of it. If that is the case, then that is considered a lottery. So therefore gambling.

This was published by the BBC website recently; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43906306 If that becomes European wide? Then SO will have to stop selling boxes in the way they are doing so at the moment.

Let's see what's happens in the near future.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:09 am 

silvryn wrote:
If I understand this correctly, you buy a box and anything could come out of it. If that is the case, then that is considered a lottery. So therefore gambling.

This was published by the BBC website recently; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43906306 If that becomes European wide? Then SO will have to stop selling boxes in the way they are doing so at the moment.

The whole concept is beyond stupid.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:39 am 

silvryn wrote:

Yep I mentioned this in a D&Q ages but they never bothered looking into it. I said all along that the boxes were a type of gambling but whenever does the game listen to the public?

Guild Master

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:49 am 

Longshanks77 wrote:
silvryn wrote:

Yep I mentioned this in a D&Q ages but they never bothered looking into it. I said all along that the boxes were a type of gambling but whenever does the game listen to the public?

If their are people from Belgium playing this game that are buying boxes? Then they and SO are breaking Belgium law. And that's all it would take for the Belgium authorities to take SO to court.

And as it is public knowledge, in that you and I have made SO aware of the situation (and the players). Could we see SO in court soon? As SO have done nothing about the situation.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:16 pm 

This has been argued many times about many different games. What it boils down to is it isn’t a lottery because u always get something for your money. Which thus far has always been the deciding factor in allowing games to use random chance boxes or similar. It’s been argued in courts before. Some games have switched from this format to avoid future legal issues but so far over the many years this type of system has been running it’s never been stricken down by the legal system. I believe that you purchasing cc and then using cc to purchase boxes is part of the loophole as well. Can’t buy the boxes with cash directly.