Community - Forum
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Matchmode. which replaces hb
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:42 am 

Why on earth would you waste EXP and pdens during hb round, and why is it on EXP course instead of drop. another way to waste your EXP holes. then only get +4 points for match mode. which it will take 27 holes to get 1 pdens box. to me this seems to be an aweful move

Post subject: Re: Matchmode. which replaces hb
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:42 pm 

I haven't had a chance to read and think through all of the changes yet, but if the hole substitutions were any indication, they are looking to reduce the EXP earned.

EDIT: I should add to this. They added new ways to earn more EXP, like legendary clothes. This all needs to be paid for, though, because good luck buying all the clothes you need to upgrade to those without spending money on the game. Then they took away the easy EXP, like having hole 1s be par 5s, so you can't do low cost EXP rounds anymore.

If I had to guess, SO's revenue has declined. The introduction of EXP mode has caused this, since people have been able to do 1 hole and re on some attractive holes. SO has then been experiencing people earning a lot of EXP for "free", since they are able to access these easier holes and earn an outsized reward relative to what they have paid into the game. This holds regardless of the fact that they eat an extra magos, wristband, etc., because eating that cost still gives better EXP per dollar spent.

I also imagine that we have people that are getting tired with leveling. So, they might still spend on the game, but perhaps less than they used to, especially as they hit milestones that they were looking to get to. And they need to spend less because EXP rounds give them more bang for the buck.

All of this combined means that SO hasn't been getting the revenue that it wants. What is their solution? Well, first, take away the easy EXP - change the holes for courses that were good for EXP. Then, add the EXP back - add legendary clothes, etc. So you can still get EXP, but you only get the EXP if you now pay for it. What do other people think? Am I reading this wrong?