Community - Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Tournament - Season opener
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:14 pm 

Hi all,

Im happy that we have tournaments going again - its fun, thank you.

Just one opinion about new changes:

And this one will use some new feature we got during last patch - Each hole have a preset weather - for example hole 1 will be sunny for everyone, while hole 2 will be cloudy.

We believe this will lead to fairer tournament where skill mateters more than luck!

For years community has complained about the weather in game. SO answered years ago that weather has NOT changed during the years. Something like: "The settings for rain is and has always been 11% (could been 13%), cant remember.

And now, in this "fair" tournament, with preset weather, we get rain on holes 1,2,8,11,12,15,17,18.

Rain on 8/18 holes = 44,4%, with the SO weather-statement 11-13% we would get 2 holes with rain, maybe 3..but certainly not 8.

Thank you for running tournaments again but some input from SO on the above issue would be appreciated.

jja1975, 3L.

Post subject: Re: Tournament - Season opener
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:43 am 

You're right friend, there is no one to play anything anymore. But you were still lucky, only 8 rain holes, I signed that right now. The only thing they are going to get is that people don't spend money. In fact, I no longer spend as long as they continue with this policy. I play with certain players and a decent medium climate comes out, I play alone and a scary climate comes out. I open the room and people go out before finishing because of the extreme cliam. It will be that I will be a jinx and together with the bad conditions that are putting us now it becomes a bomb :) Greetings.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:02 pm 

I agree the weather always seems to be made overly tricky for these tournaments..to add to that many like myself are getting mass disconnects for no reason so 10 tries suddenly turns into 6...maybe SO should give everyone more attempts to counter that?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:07 am 

I for one am happy with the weather that was given out for this tournment.

From what i can see most people are getting the same kind of weather.

For me this is refreshing to see, many a player used to complain that it wasnt fair that they clearly got bad weather whilst others had good weather.

We cant expect to have "sunny days" during a tournment like this.

Sorry just my opinion on this subject.

markyboy
GetInTheHole (2006)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:02 am 

We recently had a system update for the tournament, now we can preset the weather for each hole, which means the system is much fairer and emphasizes your skill, not your luck.

For the tournament season, the weather will be varied, but we do plan more relaxed tours.

V.