Community - Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Top32 2020 - Tournament Tree is wrong
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:53 am 

Hi Vohkese !

Just like last year, the tournament tree is incorrect^^ it doesn't follow seeds properly
Seed 1 and 2 can't meet before the final, for example - in the tree as it is today, we meet in round 2. Just like seed 3 and 4, and so on.
We've never seen Rafael Nadal vs. Novak Djokovic in R2 in Grand Slams, for example haha

I already texted you last year to help you fix it so I won't repeat myself, but could you please have a look at it again to fix this year's tree ? Thanks in advance for the equity :)

Also, using NTTP as tie-breaker in a match is not suitable for this kind of tournament. There might be cases where we get long par 4s where one player reaches the green and the other doesn't. Which is of course not the goal of a sudden death :D
I would suggest to make a classic sudden death playoff just like in any golf tournament, players keep playing extra holes until one player takes the advantage and wins the match. Much more exciting, much fairer.

Cheers, Steph

*** moved reply to General to keep the Tournament post clean**** (Silence4all)
***EDIT: sorry for misusing the original thread

Post subject: Re: Top32 2020 - Tournament Tree is wrong
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:04 pm 

Match mode would be the way to go. Just a side topic, I have full respect for your SO skills but at same time I don't know if it's.... hard to find the word...fair? Maybe that's it.... it's not fair that you are in the tournie at all. My point is you and Sip (who I suspect is Sebas) and other elite players do not play on the US server all the time. You or Sip are pretty much sure things to take this thing out but it means other regular players miss out on a top 32 spot and the prizes that go with it. Another way to look at it, imagine if you played golf at your local club every week and then they have their big annual tournament. You look at the field and Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Phil Mickelson have turned up to play. Chances of winning your local annual golf tourney are now gone... not that I consider myself much of a chance anyway. I appreciate you like the competition but like I said, the regular US players who came 33 and 34 are now out. Anyway, gl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:37 am 

Timing wrote:
Just a side topic, I have full respect for your SO skills but at same time I don't know if it's.... hard to find the word...fair? Maybe that's it.... it's not fair that you are in the tournie at all. My point is you and Sip (who I suspect is Sebas) and other elite players do not play on the US server all the time. You or Sip are pretty much sure things to take this thing out but it means other regular players miss out on a top 32 spot and the prizes that go with it. Another way to look at it, imagine if you played golf at your local club every week and then they have their big annual tournament. You look at the field and Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Phil Mickelson have turned up to play. Chances of winning your local annual golf tourney are now gone... not that I consider myself much of a chance anyway. I appreciate you like the competition but like I said, the regular US players who came 33 and 34 are now out. Anyway, gl.

Just to make things clear:

- sip is not sebas. You have the right to think it, but I can tell you one thing, you are wrong :D

- I played at your "local club" (= US Server) every week (= every tournament of the season) and I deserved my spot. This could be said for players like Morikawa, Hatton, Reed (among others) who qualified for both Tour Championship and European Tour Finals. They played during the regular season, scored a lot of points, deserved their spot. Same case goes for me here. I don't see anything wrong.
What is wrong with your argument is that you considered US Server the same as a "local club" compared to the PGA Tour. It's not, actually clearly the opposite.
I feel like I came from the Challenge Tour to come compete on the PGA here :D
Also, we (FR) are going to merge to US on May 26th. Which means we'll be playing here anyway ;)

Cheers, Steph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:46 pm 

Will the servers be merged? I am happy to meet some high-level players in the game

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:01 am 

Timing wrote:
Match mode would be the way to go. Just a side topic, I have full respect for your SO skills but at same time I don't know if it's.... hard to find the word...fair? Maybe that's it.... it's not fair that you are in the tournie at all. My point is you and Sip (who I suspect is Sebas) and other elite players do not play on the US server all the time. You or Sip are pretty much sure things to take this thing out but it means other regular players miss out on a top 32 spot and the prizes that go with it. Another way to look at it, imagine if you played golf at your local club every week and then they have their big annual tournament. You look at the field and Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Phil Mickelson have turned up to play. Chances of winning your local annual golf tourney are now gone... not that I consider myself much of a chance anyway. I appreciate you like the competition but like I said, the regular US players who came 33 and 34 are now out. Anyway, gl.

There are no rules stopping you from creating an account on the US/German/French server. I would admit without sip and steph in the tournament on the US server, it wouldn't be interesting to watch anymore. Imagine an US Open without Nadal, Djokovic or Federer?
Plus, he played all the tournaments last year (otherwise he wouldn't be on the list), SOL etc...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:30 pm 

Rafael Nadal vs. Novak Djokovic in 2016
Rafael Nadal vs. Novak Djokovic in 2020
When is their next battle? High lights on great players