Community - Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: no wind weekend
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:32 pm 

i think it would be a great idea , to have a no wind weekend , cos some of the winds , have been stupid , and it would be a change, we use to do it , haven't seen for a while. , I'm pretty sure others would agree. thx ,

ps it will boost the morale of everyone

Post subject: Re: no wind weekend
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:56 pm 

I really disagree with you, as the challenge of the game is to learn the weather regardless of how bad it is... if you really want no wind, only play your sosori EXP

Cheers, Sam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:39 pm 

an event weekend is all he's asking for .. not changing it forever bud. how about for you we eliminate all the exp event's no more mag's and theurgia's, no more box sales ... and only non stat clothes and clubs ... just down to basics only .... bet ya you'd love that eh.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:17 am 

sure would! It doesn't matter because the same people who are complaining about weather being too difficult would leave because they don't see an EXP bar move

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:44 am 

cmon SAM! you know that the weather in this game is complete trash and when you get higher level it effects you even more. I don't know why there hasn't been a fix for this. How hard would it be to make a setting when making a room, 1-3ms winds and 3+? Hell, I'd even go as far as a rain on/off button. But, you were right about Sosori, least it's enjoyable to play compared to the other hurricane rooms hehe. I also think the challenge of the game is not to learn the crap weather but learn the course n greens.

This gleiger tournament was a great example of how crap the weather is in this game. You know me n Gleiger, I've never seen the winds and the amount of rain ever. I'm talking 6-7ms head winds and rain on 7-8 holes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:32 pm 

TOOTALLTIM wrote:
cmon SAM! you know that the weather in this game is complete trash and when you get higher level it effects you even more. I don't know why there hasn't been a fix for this. How hard would it be to make a setting when making a room, 1-3ms winds and 3+? Hell, I'd even go as far as a rain on/off button. But, you were right about Sosori, least it's enjoyable to play compared to the other hurricane rooms hehe. I also think the challenge of the game is not to learn the crap weather but learn the course n greens.

This gleiger tournament was a great example of how crap the weather is in this game. You know me n Gleiger, I've never seen the winds and the amount of rain ever. I'm talking 6-7ms head winds and rain on 7-8 holes.

If it effects us more at higher level, why doesn't everyone just go back to 175-185 and we play competitive events rather than EXP. A lot of the players need to see the EXP bar go up to continue playing rather than push the limits for the game in terms of skill (and I don't mean the stat ;) ) To respond to the tournament, I have seen that weather on Gleiger, and I find it hard to believe you haven't in the 1,000s of rounds you have played there. The rain is the doing of the people who thought set weather would be a good idea for "fairness". Sure I see the argument about "well PGA tournaments have the same weather for all players". Which is great and all, but last time I checked the PGA leaderboard, there weren't -24s being shot by the mediocre players. Seriously guys, this game is far from reality... for the TOP32 tournaments play the game as is to really see who is the best!! I don't care if they keep set weather for SOGA and SOL, but the tournaments should be how the game is!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:52 pm 

Why does everything have to be about competitive play? There's maybe a dozen or 2 that even really care about playing in the rigged tournaments, where people use slam shot to achieve those scores.
Most of us just want to have fun and the weather we get ain't fun!
You guys that want to be competitive can have the crappy weather. I'm just talking about having nice weather in normal play which I think most of us want, who cares about tourny weather. Weather has always been complained about and I know tons that left because of it too. I guess were all just wrong and should cater to the very small comp scene then?

We def have two completely different opinions on how the game should be.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:48 pm 

kerboom22 wrote:
sure would! It doesn't matter because the same people who are complaining about weather being too difficult would leave because they don't see an EXP bar move

Personally, when there is a Fun In The Sun event, thats when I really have fun playing, even better than all the X times exp events.

Would I run away? No I would not.
I wish there was an other button in making a room, choice between high exp & bad weather or low exp & good weather.
Guess what my choice would be :lol:

ps
This does not mean I hate to level, it is fun also to level now and then ^^