Community - Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Open Tour Courses
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:56 pm 

Two of the worst courses on the Open Tour are St. Bay and Bianca these two were on the Saturday rotation. Everyone complains about these courses they have awful weather. I played in the afternoon St. Bay course. They were 20 peeps in my room not one of us finished under par what a joke that was. Can SO stay with the MM courses for the Open Tour Course rotation. BTW I still haven’t seen Cads or Abel on Open Tour rotation

Post subject: Re: Open Tour Courses
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:26 am 

Hello there,

I don't like saint bay or Bianca but still managed to get around 5% per round. I agree that for lower levels these courses can be pretty hard (especially since the mode is for 120++) but we all have to agree that we also need to play all courses in the game and maybe, just maybe, be better playing them.

Proud Master of PT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:28 pm 

If you never play Bianca or St Bay, or you are no good at Bianca or St Bay, then maybe don't play the Open Tour. Remember it's not just you playing and there are 19 other people in the room who have to wait for you to get your +5 before we can move on. Yesterday in Bianca it was the same guy every hole that was doing the putt of shame. He didn't have fast forward either. So inconsiderate of him. As for fixing the DC's.... no, I still Dc'd.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:33 pm 

Well I guess I was in a room with 19 other bad players besides me. Since none of the 20 players shot under par on. St. Bay. Wake up man and smell the coffee. It’s Not The Player’s. It’s The Course. St. Bay is an awful course to play along with. Bianca . People want to play courses that you can score birdies, eagles , and Albys. Not bogeys, dbl bogeys , triple bogeys or worse. I play all the time and I never see a room with 4 people playing. St. Bay or. a room with 4 people playing Bianca People play those courses only to finish a Quest .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:24 pm 

promo19 wrote:
It’s Not The Player’s. It’s The Course. St. Bay is an awful course to play along with. Bianca . People want to play courses that you can score birdies, eagles , and Albys. Not bogeys, dbl bogeys , triple bogeys or worse.

Or rather: People have been used to only play courses where they do not have to think much and hit-and-hope their way around the course so they haven't set a foot on them (though they're part of some game modes, they still aren't EXP courses, so most of the people I'm depicting exclusively play EXP courses and Q-school and such). Hence they aren't used or trained to play vs. course par, like anyone used to play hard courses when they were Semi-Pro;, they're used to chain 2s and 3s more or less casually on courses that play like tough par 3 courses; once they need to settle for a green in two it's a big ask. Also, this is increased by the fact there hasn't been a harder course since fall 2016 when Bear Lake beta came out. :(

A single birdie on a difficult Bianca hole or a good up-and-down on St Bay is more rewarding than 1000 albas on Volcano par 5s that I know I'm 99,9% consistent on, because it takes a lot more skill (human skill, not only stats) - so you should really value your playtime on the hardest courses for your game. Playing 1000 more albas [on Volca] still won't help to improve your game because you aren't tested to your limits on those courses.
And, even when you do have a bad hole, avoiding big numbers and save bogey instead of triple still makes you gain as many strokes as eagle vs. a par. Risk-reward is also a thing on extreme courses.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:39 pm 

Skax wrote:
If you never play Bianca or St Bay, or you are no good at Bianca or St Bay, then maybe don't play the Open Tour. Remember it's not just you playing and there are 19 other people in the room who have to wait for you to get your +5 before we can move on.

Getting mad at those who try and struggle - logically if they're unexperienced on the course and play it in 30s timer - is not the way you are going to encourage people to come and improve consequently :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:15 am 

Hey guy's, not sure about you, but to me this is still a game and not a job!

No one pay's me to play all courses, especially the ones I don't like or even hate.
This does not mean I never play them, just not for fun.

Have some patience with the lower levels and try to remember that you, once upon a time, had that level yourself.

Instead of grumbling you can try giving a lower level the tips and tricks, learn how best to play BF and St B.

Be a little more tolerant, that makes life a lot better.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:25 pm 

Kidakatje wrote:
Hey guy's, not sure about you, but to me this is still a game and not a job!

No one pay's me to play all courses, especially the ones I don't like or even hate.
This does not mean I never play them, just not for fun.

Have some patience with the lower levels and try to remember that you, once upon a time, had that level yourself.

Instead of grumbling you can try giving a lower level the tips and tricks, learn how best to play BF and St B.

Be a little more tolerant, that makes life a lot better.

When i was low level and HF came in the scene (was lvl 130 ish) i spend my time learning the course even to a point that i did masterys there. Wasn't the best score but i still tryed and didn't came to complain in foruns.

Still think timer should be placed at 45 seconds and also (ppl gonna kill me for this one) add Bianca, Saint bay AND Bear Lake to mm rooster.

Proud Master of PT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:41 am 

You just can't set the timer to anything beyond 30 second limit. Imagine if some joker or Noob played all 11 shots on a par 5 at 45 seconds. That would make everyone wait for over 8 minutes for one lousy hole !!!!

The 30-second timer is quick, but it makes one to have to already know the course and be ready to react to it in all kinds of weather. Yeah, it can be a guessing game on a hole like CTPR 11 (the uphill par 5) with rain and 5+ winds., but we can't have it both ways.

if the Open Tour had a built-in course difficulty factor in the bonus XP, that would make the most sense. Cadeiger is very different than St. Bay. A difficulty factor would even things up.

My biggest complaint would be the Open Tour schedule. You have SOGA on Friday and WRT on Saturday. Not everyone has their weekends free and to only dump the Open Tour on Sat-Sun doesn't seem the smartest approach. Why can't we have the Open Tour spaced out on Sunday-Tuesday- Thursday and schedule one time convenient for Europe and one time Convenient for US players? Or schedule one time for those who work during the day and one for those who don't.

And then instead of limiting 2 entries (for EXP) per hour, limit how many entries a player can have per week. That will level the advantages from those that can play the Open Tour at every opening.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:31 am 

That is what is wrong with this game now s/o have made it to easy to play and get exp they should bring back the old grads test and see how many can do that back then you had to learn the course and how how to play it you cant learn a course of a few go's it takes time same go's with saint bay and bianca just learn to play them they are not that hard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:15 pm 

I have a minus handicap on all courses on my main character and almost on char.2, currently Bear Lake is at 0.
Learn to play all courses. By doing so you actually develop new ways to play shots, which helps your game when you go back to the less severe courses.
I forget my SB handicap but it's -6 or -7.