Community - Forum
It is currently Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: GM Arthur
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:28 pm 

SO at last a challenging quest to do.

You get all the moans and now a post on well done.

Its good to get challenging quests to do.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: GM Arthur
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:05 am 

GM Arthur shot -21 against me. Making a Level 150-something player shoot -22 on Gleiger????

It's fine and challenging if you are an Honor Pro, but REALLY, a one quest size fits all? Give an honest answer about the fairness for trying to make a middle level player have to shoot those kinds of numbers.

That's practically a EAGLE or BIRDIE on every single hole. There is a fine line between a challenge and turning players off. That's so like this game, if you aren't a high-level, then you don't count.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:12 am 

You get to the point, its an eagle or birdie race :cry: `sry for my bad english

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:10 am 

I have to agree with Kircal here. This scenario is perfect for testing your skills. In the past the scenarios far too easy to achieve. Unfortunately for the lower level players it will be difficult but players who have played this game for a while they would embrace it as a challenge. The game has changed over the years 70% of people just want MM to level up. Its ok to level up very quickly but they are not actually learning the game or the courses. My opinion take MM out of the game & return to swift stroke/mastery to level up on all courses & not just decent exp on the one course , gets boring not getting games because most are fixated with levelling up on MM. Just my opinion , am plenty wont agree......

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:31 am 

JBender - Thats the problem with the game, nobody wants to learn how to play anymore, rather just level. -22 on Gleiger at level 150+ is a problem? Not in my eyes, that score can be shot at level 100. Being a high level doesn't make you a better player - imo it can make you worse if you haven't learned the game.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:29 am 

Some players have no idea of ​​the variety of people in this game.

There are players who want to know exactly everything and will figure out which course with which clubs and balls should be played in which way, but there are also people who hit and hope.

There are players who like to play alone and others prefer not to play alone, but in a group to be among people.

There are also players who are on their own, but want others in a room because of certain advantages in a quest e.g.

Or players in MM who indeed only want to level up quickly, but also players who play it for fun or to help someone else.

Still other players prefer to participate in a tournament.

And don't forget those few, who are mostly in the square, maybe to be among the people and chat here and there.

Then there is also a big difference in ages and at certain ages some things are not important.

Don't forget the type of player I haven't mentioned here yet.

Finally, most of the players are a mix of all of the above ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:52 am 

ive just completed that quest. i shot -18 he shot -14 even tripple putted the 18th on purpose to protect the win

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:35 am 

I think it was a good challenge, my 2nd toon at 149 tried few times finally beating him so just be patient, give it a whirl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:08 am 

Dont give up,,keep trying and play smart. He shot around -11 to -16 vs me most of the time and he always chip-ins the 14th par 3 ,guarantee or your money back. He chips in every time !!!. He's a cyber cheater ,I know where he lives if you want to know.
Also, when you at the 6th hole and you are down in the match, Type "" Forgot to tell you Arthur boy, welcome to Open Tour" and he'll get dc on next tee box and you win.
give it a try.

ps. I tried many many times but can't kick his azz yet, when he shoots -11 I always mess the round at the end.
And when I was -18 and he was -14 on the 18th tee,,F.%$@#! window 10 decided to do a %$#@!% update and shot pc down,
Ï''m not joking.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:57 am 

iliche wrote:
Dont give up,,keep trying and play smart. He shot around -11 to -16 vs me most of the time and he always chip-ins the 14th par 3 ,guarantee or your money back. He chips in every time !!!. He's a cyber cheater ,I know where he lives if you want to know.
Also, when you at the 6th hole and you are down in the match, Type "" Forgot to tell you Arthur boy, welcome to Open Tour" and he'll get dc on next tee box and you win.
give it a try.

ps. I tried many many times but can't kick his azz yet, when he shoots -11 I always mess the round at the end.
And when I was -18 and he was -14 on the 18th tee,,F.%$@#! window 10 decided to do a %$#@!% update and shot pc down,
Ï''m not joking.

thats damn unlucky , give it another crack and get the beer out lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:25 pm 

I give up too for now. I'm level 161 and was playing today from 8am eastern to now 5:pm eastern. non stop, only took a 45 mins brake. my best score was -18 on the 18th tee, he was -17 and pin was on the back with a head 5 wind and 'I went OB 2x. i couldn't stop the ball on the green. I didn't get upset on every fail ,but like all my other quests I concorded on my own and I've been here since 2009. but this one quest has a bad smell to it
Its like you said, the unfairness of miraculous shots he makes is what pissed me off, but more does, the fact that if he wins a hole and he doesn't tee off 1st on the next tee.. hmmm I wonder why.
I hope this Black Friday they sale boxes with ""Beat Arthur" tickets

ps. on the 3rd hole par 5, his tee shot went clearly OB, then he hit from the fairway and made the putt and got a birdie.I wish I could have video tape it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:33 pm 

Hang in there guys this Quest can be done. You just have to be patient and keep playing Arthur many times until he shoots a low score. A friend of mine said Arthur shot -10 against him and my friend shot -12 so he can be beaten. Although this is more of a Test not a Quest. A Quest is something that can be done One time Only and then your finished. Not something you have to be trying over and over to finish that in my book is a Test. As far as this being an easy Quest according to Hillbilly a level 100 can shoot-22 on Gleiger. Go ahead Hillbilly and make a level 100 toon and shoot-22 on Gleiger and post a screen shot on this Forum so everyone can see it

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:22 am 

Nice quick 15 minute round first try, I was showing off a bit when I said I could shoot -22 :D. But just to show it can be done.
Stats played : 35 power, 55 impact, 25 stamina, 171 skill - no mulli's used

Attachments:
-21gleig.jpg
-21gleig.jpg [ 441.62 KiB | Viewed 606 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:10 am 

Great round Mr Billy, could you try against Arthur ? It would be interesting to see how the algorithm would behave in a match vs you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:35 am 

lasophie wrote:
Great round Mr Billy, could you try against Arthur ? It would be interesting to see how the algorithm would behave in a match vs you.

I would, but it is too late to try now, as I already completed the quest on my main character + the quest book giveaway has finished.