Community - Forum
It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Are the high scores real?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:56 am 

sitting here bored roaming around....and I have decided I would like to pose a question.

What scores are real?

I was browsing the highest records (lowest scores) on the courses and noticed something. I know the records were reset a few months ago due to all the hacking that SO obviously cannot stop. However, a lot of the hacker scores are from dates that are way back in 2006 (obviously something they need to do in order to get the hack to work)

But here is the real questiion...How come some of the names you usually see up there, with seemingly legitimate scores, are dated back in 2006 also?

I realize that the people at SO had nothing better to do than to go back for the past year and a half in their logs and replace all of the "real" scores.

But, without mentioning any names in particular, how are there LEGITIMATE high scores from well known people, that are dated back to last year?

And one final rhetorical one...If SO is always worried about hacking, NG scamming and stealing, why are they not doing anything about all the NG\'s being won for all of these hole in ones? Especially the ng made by someone shooting a 30 on gleiger?

Post subject: Re: Are the high scores real?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:01 am 

Sir while i was puffing on that bong u gave me that ws rare like the 2500 hybird drivers that was out..i did see wht you said and it blows my mind..i understand this is a game and with certain high lvls u are going to get a great score but if you go on www.youtube.com and type in Shot Online hacks you will see the hacks they use to get these unreal scores....so the question is when is enough enough....hmmm well we all know when we look at it when enough is enough and hopefully these hackers will get board and go hack all the lucky boxes and put 100 mll ng in it instead of 5 mil and put hybird R\'s in the not so lucky boxes for that is a real challenge not Hacking the SO golf courses for we see that can be done...now do something about it SO...LOL puff puff give

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:04 am 

aaah 30 on Gleiger...that was me i think...

...you are talking +30 right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:31 pm 

Are you serious? .. or just having a blonde day (I won\'t say noob day coz I might get into trouble).

There are two leader boards. The first (Leader Board) with all the original scores (including all the hackers) and the second (Monthly Ranking)contains the best scores from the current month.

SO never replaced the original scores, but created a monthly ranking system to complement the original leader board.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:44 pm 

Over the past month or so, on random occasions, when you clicked leader board it only included the scores from that month, the rest of the time it was normal...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:38 pm 

Never happened to me Volks .. always been able to access the 2 separate leaderboards, but nothing surprises.