Community - Forum
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mediator List
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:32 pm 

Hello players,

because we were contacted by many users(either in private messages on the forum and or in-game or by dq&a), about constant returning issues with trading items/memberships for a large amount of NG, we decided to reinstate a "Mediator List".

Here is a little explanation and clues that should make a trade safer.

What is a mediator?
A mediator is a user who is trusted by his/her name in the game. This could be a SOM, for example, or a player who is well known and known for his/her continuous help.

How is the trade going?
If there is a deal, the buyer gives his NG to the mediator. This gives the seller the confirmation that/she he has received the sum "x" from the player that is buying.
After that, the seller gives the item to be traded via the in-game item shop(in case items or memberships are gifted). Once the buyer has received the item (after the relog) the mediator gives the seller his/her NG.

How do I find a mediator?

Either you ask one of our SOM, if he has time to accompany you as a mediator or look here in the list.
Note: The players and SOM do this voluntarily. If the player/SOM does not have time, please accept that.
Remember, players without membership will be deducted 5% trading fees.

IMPORTANT: Trading in Memberships/Items is not supported by WEBZEN. There can be still an uncertain trade and you are at YOUR OWN RISK!

How to become a mediator?
(MAIN TOONS ONLY PLEASE)

1) Someone can post a referral in this to have you added to the list by listing your EXACT in-game name, current level, what toon you are, the guild you are associated with, and the EXACT in-game name of your Guild Master here in this forum thread. A SOM will then add your GM as a friend in game and contact them to see if you are a trustworthy individual who should be added to the list.

2) You can post a request in this topic to be added to the list by listing your EXACT in-game name, current level, what toon you are, the guild you are associated with, and the EXACT in-game name of your Guild Master here in this forum thread. A SOM will then add your GM as a friend in game and contact them to see if you are a trustworthy individual who should be added to the list.

All Mediators in good standing will be listed in Blue. If we receive word that there has been a problem in a trade you were involved in and this was not settled/dealt with, your name will be changed to Red, so people know you've been involved in one trade that ended badly. If there is a second complaint then you will be removed from the list.
Also, people will be added to a "BlackList" list (which will be posted also), with NO chance to be able to be added again as a mediator.

A trade for a membership should be mediated in this way:

1) The Mediator, the Buyer, and the Seller will meet in the Square. (AT THIS TIME THE MEDIATOR SHOULD ADD BOTH THE SELLER AND THE BUYER TO HIS/HER FRIENDS LIST.)

2) The Buyer and the Seller will let the Mediator know the type of membership being sold (ie platinum or Luxury) and the agreed upon amount of NG for purchasing the membership.

3) The Buyer will then give the Mediator the full amount of NG for the trade. (DO NOT GIVE THE MEDIATOR THE NG UNTIL THE AMOUNT HAS BEEN SETTLED UPON AND CONVEYED TO THE MEDIATOR)

4) After the Mediator receives the FULL amount of NG agreed upon he/she will instruct the Seller to go ahead and gift the membership.

5) The Seller will then enter the in-game Item Mall and gift the Buyer the membership. (DO NOT GIFT THE MEMBERSHIP UNTIL THE MEDIATOR TELLS YOU THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE FULL AMOUNT OF NG FROM THE BUYER)

6) The Seller will return to the Square and let the Mediator and Buyer that the membership has been gifted.

7) The Buyer should fully log out of the game now and then log back in. When the Buyer logs back in they should verify the expiration date and type of membership they have once they reach the Server Selection screen and/or Special Premium tab. (THE MEDIATOR SHOULD WATCH FOR THE FRIEND LOGIN NOTIFICATION OF THE BUYER TO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS ACTUALLY THE REAL BUYER AND NOT A FAKE TOON CREATED BY THE SELLER WITH A SIMILAR NAME TO THE BUYER'S IN ORDER TO SEND SCAMMING PM'S TO THE MEDIATOR.)

8) The Mediator will now verify that the name of the Buyer has changed to the respective colour of the membership they received. If it is a membership received during the extension period before the expiration of the Buyer's current membership the Buyer will let the Mediator know that they have verified the membership information at the Server Selection and/or at the Special Premium tab(deluxe/Luxury) screen and everything is correct.

9) The Mediator will now give the Seller the full amount of NG the two trading parties agreed upon. (DO NOT GIVE THE SELLER THE NG BEFORE THE BUYER LOGS BACK IN AND THE NAME COLOR CHANGE HAS BEEN VERIFIED OR THE EXTENSION INFORMATION HAS BEEN VERIFIED)

10) If you're trading for something of high value from someone always verify the item in the window is the correct version before you confirm the trade at the final confirmation window. A quick move of the pointer over the item you're getting will keep you from getting scammed. On the flip side, always verify the amount of NG you are receiving one last time before you make the confirmation in the last window.

10)Never be afraid to take screenshots either. If something goes wrong you'll have proof for the SO Team to see.

11) Altho this part is completely voluntary, a nice small fee for the mediator would be nice, as he/she puts his/her reputation on the line to help in a trade.

If the Mediator, Seller, and Buyer all follow the instructions above the risk of being scammed should be significantly reduced.
Same rules apply when you are selling a high priced item on the square.

As soon as a mediator is verified, he/she will be added in this topic for other players to review.

List of trusted mediators:

Iron_Hide Lv 170+ WorldPro III 3Lions Member
kulen15 Lv 185+ 3-Lions Member
Silence4all (is a SOM)
uhu433 (is SOM)
SOM-ShaneTheYid (is a SOM)
LucKy1775 (is a SOM)
francky (is a SOM)
Alex-- (is a SOM)
Hija_del_Tomate (is a SOM)
RahueI Lv 152+ Global-Golfers
Kircal Lv 178+ Advisor Exodus
Cassi68 Lv 141+ 3-Lions
Matheo74 Lv 195+ 3-Lions
slacker21 Lv 193+ 3-Lions
jacksonheights Lv 155+ Carbon-Copy
truffle2 level 193+ PHOENIX-Golfers
Blacklist lvl 150+ Albatross Inc. (also known as jja1975)
tigerwilly lvl 141+ Wrong_Uns
mickydee lvl156+ Guild Master Cauz n Chaos
LarryJay 142+ CATS&PURRRS (Hollid)
slacker2 1H103+ 3-Lions ( is a SOM)
funny666 lvl 177+ CHN

News: http://shotonline.gamescampus.com/news/notice
Events: http://shotonline.gamescampus.com/news/events
DQ&A: http://shotonline.gamescampus.com/support/qnawrite

Post subject: Re: Mediator List
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:40 am 

can set me in

if i been on no problem to helep make some trades a bit saver ;)

Iron_Hide
3Lions
Lv181 atm

*MOD EDIT: Added to list

Last edited by KcB89 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:13 am 

I used to be on the mediator list back in the day, you can sign me up for the new one if you like.

kulen15
3-Lions
lvl 185

*MOD EDIT: Added to list

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:02 am 

Just a note: if you get on the "naughty list", we will keep track of account ID/IP, so changing character name or using different characters wont allow you back on the list.

For Middleman/mediator system to work, trust is all, so you're not allowed any second chances. You betray the trust - you are out.

V.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 pm 

I can

RahueI

Global-Golfers

Wotan

lvl 152

GM DiamondLil

MOD EDIT* Added to list

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:37 am 

all of them need to be Gold Platinum as it would cost to trade if there not

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:51 am 

I can if required

Kircal

Exodus

Wotan

lvl 178

Advisor Exodusl

*MOD EDIT: Added to mediator list

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:54 am 

QuickRacer wrote:
all of them need to be Gold Platinum as it would cost to trade if there not

Hence the "Remember, players without membership will be deducted 5% trading fees. "

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:30 am 

I can be a mediator if needed

i speak english, french, a little german

Cassi68

lvl 141

3-Lions

MOD EDIT* Added to list

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:50 pm 

u can add me to list if needed !!!

Matheo74
3-Lions
lv 195

MOD EDIT* Added to list

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:41 am 

I have given this matter considerable thought now and would like to be added to the mediator list.

The Hollid SOM (ShaneTheYid) is already on my friends list and I have an extensive list of other friends on my list already

My toon name is: LarryJay

My current level is 142 ( soon to be 143)

I rarely, if ever, allow my Gold Platinum membership to expire

My guild is: CATS&PURRRS and the guild master is: Kidakatje (also on Shane's friend list)

I am listed as an advisor within the guild

I feel I am a trusted member of ShotOnline community and would hope that Shane would instantly verify this matter

Thankyou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:08 pm 

*UPDATE* Cassi68 is no longer a member of 3-Lions guild. FYI.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:50 pm 

**updated

We STRONGLY suggest to keep an eye on this list and tell your friends to check the list and use the mediators on it, as we get reports that players are "scammed" still.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:26 am 

You can add me to the list, 10 years in game, but i rarely play my main jja1975 anymore. Now I only play my lower char Blacklist. I would want Blacklist as mediator, if not possible, then I have to accept jja1975.

jja1975 lvl 170
Blacklist lvl 150
Vallar

Albatross Inc. guild, advisor, former GM.

MOD EDIT* Added to list

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:05 am 

jja1975 wrote:
You can add me to the list, 10 years in game, but i rarely play my main jja1975 anymore. Now I only play my lower char Blacklist. I would want Blacklist as mediator, if not possible, then I have to accept jja1975.

jja1975 lvl 170
Blacklist lvl 150
Vallar

Albatross Inc. guild, advisor, former GM.

Good guy that belongs on the list.