Community - Forum
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Advice on new club purchases
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:55 pm 

Started playing again after about 4 years due to the death of that other game. Seems to be alot of new clubs during that time period and I'd like some advice replacing clubs.

Most important right now is replacing the intro Tempest Irons from my guild with something that will last me awhile. I don't have a huge budget but maybe in the future I can get enough in NG to buy something decent.

What knowledge I seem to need most is how these club models would compare to basic set of Tempest irons and which might be best to pursue for a lowling with about 100 million NG currently:

1. Tempest/Hurricane/Tornado II, III (Non-"G")

2. " " III G-Model

3. Blast G

4. Hybrid LE G

5. CTL Legacy

The Hybrid and CTL might be out of my price range but I have seen plenty of the first three entries that I could buy or at least sample. I don't really want to spend the money though and risk not being able to resell it if I don't like it. I also prefer a slow bar but it is not mandantory.

On to woods..

Thanks to some generous donations from friends, I aquired a Hybrid G LE Driver, 5w, and a Blast G 3w. I probably won't be replacing them anytime soon but one thing that did catch my eye was how the 3w has decent distance and a HUGE yellow zone, one of those many details that's not made apparent in the item description. Is this huge yellow zone something innate to all Blast G clubs and does it function as one would think (giving one a high amount of tolerance on impact)?

Lastly, I know it doesn't belong here but, if anyone's looking to get rid of a 30% EXP or more Putter for Belz on Vallar, hit me up in-game, same name. Maybe we can make deal. :)

Post subject: Re: Advice on new club purchases
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:30 pm 

All the clubs with Red, Silver, Gold, II, II or whatever, are just very minor sub-models of the same club.There is no real advantage to a "Tempest III" over a "Tempest".

The only irons in the game that everyone plays are CTL or Hybrid. They are the longest, by a wide margin over others. The Hybrid comes in a few clone models, like "London" and "Blast/Frost". You see this sort of information in the Notices posted on the web site, such as thins one announcing Blast clubs:
http://shotonline.gamescampus.com/news/ ... word=blast

The Blast/Front thing is a waste of time imho. They are just very expensive clones of other clubs, so unless you want to spend billions of NG for a few extra EXP%, then ignore those, unless you are buying cheap non-repairables.

The best driver in the game is the Typhoon, which is also cloned in Blast/Frost. The next best driver is the Level 100 Players Driver that you get when you level to 100. Both are forgiving, unlike the Hybrid Driver/3w/5w, which are terrible if you miss 0% or more than 104.5%.

The best deal in fairway woods (3w, 5w) are the CTLs. They go as far as Typhoons and they are much cheaper.

As for wedges, most good high levels have Werdandi for SW and then either Tempest, Hybrid, or CTL for AW/PW. Again, I will ignore the clone versions of these wedges for the EXP clubs Blast/Frost and, in the case of wedges, Skuld.

Putters-- does not really matter, as long as you stay away from the Beginner putter and the Urd putter, as these are never used by 99% of high levels cause they do not go as far as normal putters. Many players on a budget by the non-repairable Hybrid putter, as it has a slow bar and gives a 55% EXP bonus.

Post subject: Re: Advice on new club purchases
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:53 pm 

AS usual, Allen comes through with some awesome information...Thanks Bro...

New member of MonsTerShots Guild
Been playing since day one, with some time off...
Getting really frustrated...AGAIN!

Your level should be earned...Not bought...