Community - Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:40 am 

With Campus Cash, buy URD set.
This set is slow enough and accurate for best shot making.
Another tip. The mageia 18holes you received after 1st initial lesson, do not use it until you reach level 14 and above.
Typical 4 person play, you will reach level 14 by stay in the game all 18 holes. Go to square and ask either amateur or semi pro person for help on 18 holes. This will increase your chance to reach level 21 within a month.

Submitted by : doylen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:41 am 

Hi to all the new SO members and welcome.

A couple of tips to help you on the way.

Balls - Dont waste money on them, just learn to play the basic ball and you will do just as well as with an expensive ball!

Free Caddy - See Ceridwen in the main Square and get the free Caddy. This will automatically change the driver out of your hands after a tee shot, saves you having to think about it as you can not hit a driver off anywhere except the tee. Having the free Caddy also gets you free stuff as you play like drinks & food.

Putting!! - This is the most important part of the game. Get this right and you can save soo many shots. I have found a basic rule of thumb to go by is this.

Count the moving lines! If 3 lines are moving left and 2 lines are moving right the use your curser and move 1 to the right to compensate for the difference between right and left. For every 0.1 up or down hill allow one less meter for down and one more meter for up. Ie if you have a 10m Putt and it is 0.1m uphill then hit it for 11m. This will not be an exact science but a great and easy starter guide which will always leave you close.

Chipping!! - Another great shot saver if you can master it. Again a basic rule of thumb that I found worked was:

Take the distance x 2 and the add 10% for fairway, 20 % for rough and 30% for sand. eg. you are 20m from the hole in the rough. 20m x 2 = 40% + 20% for rough means you hit your wedge 60%. Again not an exact science and will depend on spin put on the ball etc.

BTW - Spin! See that little red dot on the ball? That will help you control the way the ball flies. By right clicking a place on the ball, the red dot will move there. Move it left and the ball will slice (right hander). Move it right and the ball will hook. Move it down and the ball will backspin and not run. Move it to the top and the ball will run further. Learn to use this and you will gain better control over the ball. I personally shape the ball with the wind off the tee to gain distance and against the wind into the green to gain control.

Having said all that, the main thing is to go out and enjoy yourself, heaps of great people out there. If you get obsessed with levelling you will lose some of the joy of the game. If you can, find a guild with like minded members that you can relate to, it enhances the experience.

Have fun and I hope to see you all out there having a laugh.

Submitted by : Gayfade

Post subject:

Many people new to this game spend the first decent sum of ng they get on clothes from the npc person in the square. This is a mistake. These clothes don't enhance your gameplay. Better to spend that money on the +1 stat balls from the other npc. Just wear the regular clothes that your character comes with.

Definition: Clothes that add stat points to your build when you wear them.

Alternate Definition: Clothes that give you "status" in the minds of other players when they see you with them on.

How to obtain Stat clothes: The only way for a true beginner to get these clothes is to buy item mall things and then sell them for ng and buy the clothes they want. It is possible to buy decent Stat clothes from thre item mall directly from time to time and I highly recommend doing so.

Which Stat Clothes To Buy: Obviously this is a matter of taste but some general guidelines do apply. The first queastion you need to answer is the one about stamina. The only reason you will ever want to increase your base stamina is if you intend to use the level 59 irons at some point. These are the best square irons avalible but your stamina has to be 21 to equip them. Stamina from balls and fitting tickets do not count for this. You need to have 21 stamina standing in the square. The reason this decision should be made early on is that you can avoid wasting ng on the most expensive stat clothes if you intend to use level 59 clubs.

The second question you need to answer is: Why am I buying these clothes? Do care more about the way I look or do I just want the best stats for the cheapest price. Opinion differs.

There are also people who buy these clothes because of how rare of an item they are. This is a status thing.

What Stats do I want/need on my clothes: The most important thing here is to remember that there are only 2 real differant stats on clothes..stamina and everything else. If you going to use the lvl 59 clubs, all of the stats are the same to you, and you don't care which stats the clothes have, just how many. It is very important to grasp this fact early on in the stat clothes game because it will save you alot of ng.

The reasoning goes like this: "Whatever stats the clothes have I'll just set my "natural" stats up around my clothes to get my overall build where I want it".

General Types of Stat Clothes:
1) Clothes that have just 1 stat point total..These are sold directly in the item mall and become avalible seasonally. Examples are Halloween clothes, Some of the "fashion" clothes,and the golden leo glove.

2) Clothes that have 2 stats with one being stamina... These have been phased out for the most part but examples are some of the Vallhalla royal school clothes and the yoga clothes.

3) Clothes that have 2 stat points without any stamina. These are avalible from time to time direct from the item mall and I highly recommend getting them. They also come in Gold boxes and can be bought from the auction house for ng.
From the item mall you can get Valentine/Unvalentine shirts,and the clothes that are labled with differant countries names.
The gold boxes contain chiwoo clothes and adaptable clothes, along with the next class of clothes.

4) Clothes that have 3 stats, one stat being stamina. These are the most expensive and best clothes in the game. They are the Players clothes and the temptation wave clothes.There are also "Stamina" shirts which have 3 stamina only.

So which are the best clothes for least money...Well this is my opinion...
1) For lvl 59 clubs Hat:Yoga...Shirt:Stamina...Pants:Yoga...Glove:Yoga Shoes:Yoga

2) Any other clubs Hat:Beiging...Shirt:Valentine...Pants:Country Labeled
Glove:Blue impact...Shoes:Chiwoo

Best looking(IMO)Hat:Black Spike...Shirt:WhiteChiwoo...Pants:Black Adapt.
Glove:WhiteChiWoo...Shoes:Players

Overall best stats Shirt/Pants/Shoes:Players...Hat/Glove:Temptationwave
The guild house hat is the best but it can't be bought.

Rarest: Hat:2007/2008 GNGWCC Hat...Shirt/Pants:Burlap Checked +2
Shoes:Attlestio Shoes( rumored to have +2 pow and +2 stam)
Glove: 2007 GNGWCC Gold glove

Ok thats enough info...Welcome to the game

Submitted by : steve47

Post subject:

I have a rule of thumb that greatly helps my putting for those 3-5 yard putts that were a bear for me. On an average break left or right, I use 1 click per yard up to 5 yards. Putt at 30% for the standard putter or 25% for better putters. This works great for Rufus and Gladsheim since most of your time will be spent there for XP and for practicing for the SP test. Most of your strokes are lost on the green.

Another tip: Check your green indicator and if you are uphill add 1 yard for every .2 in elevation and if downhill subtract 1.5 yards for every .2.

Submitted by : WDA_xodus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am 

for short mixed breaks putts, the first break lines are stronger and it is not a straight putt even is same ammount of lines breaks to either side. It takes longer for the ball to re-break after the initial break, so adjust accordingly.

Submitted by : CaballitoBurro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am 

TOPSPIN

Here's the breakdown of topspin and when you need to use it.

Fort starters I saw that you're lvl 44. At this level you pretty much can play without using top spin on chips. The reason for this is that, you probably have low skill and you're chips tend to roll quite a bit without using t/s. There is one situation where t/s can be useful for low levels(tip#6)

For higher levels though there can be several uses. When you reach skill around 35-40, you will notice that you won't have to use any b/s on the chips because the ball stops anyway. Sometimes it even backspins even though the red dot was in the middle. t/s can be used to avoid this, especially in the following situations.

1. Chipping in strong head wind.
Once you have enough skill you will notice that your longer chips will usually backspin after hitting he ground. So if you are facing 3+ m/s headwinds, you should consider playing the shot with a bit of t/s.

2. Chipping from an uphill lie.
When chipping from an uphill lie, especially with a wedge, the ball will many times spin back. In these cases it is especially recommended to use top spin.

Also, when shooting from an extreme uphill lie, your ball will land in the same spot if you don't use t/s, because it flies up almost vertically. Using t/s will give it much more front movement
This applies to all levels

3.Chipping on greens that slope towards you.
If you chip onto a green, which is sloped towards you, there is a high chance that the ball will spin back. In this case it is recommended to add a bit of topspin to compensate for the slope on the green

4.Chipping to a green that is higher then your position.
On cads, there are a few holes, where the green is much higher then the fairway your chipping from (+15 to +35 yards higher.) In this case if you apply any b/s the ball will go crazy. As a rule of thumb, when shooting to greens like these, you need to put some t/s on the ball, it will move much more nicely on the green.

5. Trying to go under certain obstacles
In certain situations you will find, that you need to play the ball with a lower trajectory. Either to go under some trees that are in front of you, or on Gleiger to go under some mountains. If you use t/s besides the fact that the ball will travel longer and roll more once on the green, it will also fly lower, giving you the possibility to go under certain obstacles

6. This tip is especially useful for low levels.
When you're lower in level, you will many times face greens, that you need to approach with a 7i,6i or 5i, but the greens aren't long enough to stop the ball from rolling off.

In cases like this, you can do the following. If you land directly on the green the ball will roll like hell, so the trick is to land somewhere in the fairway right before the green, and have the ball slowly roll onto the green.

The problem with this however is that sometimes the ball will slow down way too much and won't reach the cup. In cases like this you can try putting full t/s on the shot and landing it in the fairway or green edge, the added t/s will help you roll more once the ball bounces on the green, but not too much so you roll off.

Hope this helps. If you need more info on one of the tips, lemme know and I'll make a post with more details.

Submitted by : Khiss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:43 am 

Clubs can have a large impact on your game. As a beginner it would be easier to use Lakysis or Urd clubs because they have a slower swing speed and wider yellow target area. You can buy them in the item mall.

Submitted by : thorton

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2