Community - Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: XP / NG / CC related
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:19 pm 

Here is where we will index tips on XP / NG / CC related topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 am 

Best thing beginners should do is save your ngs.
Don't bother using a cyma until you are Tour-Pro as the ngs made from semi just don't cover what you spend on them in the square.
Everytime you level don't put stats on stamina or skill... Keep adding to power and Impact, keeping Impact a good few points above your power...This will help when u miss 0. Pressing Alt G is good for reading the lines on the green for appraoch shots. Make good use of the Tab button and always use the right button on the mouse to check your lie, whether or not to add % for uphill and downhill.. It's hard to say how much you add, you get a feel for it over time...pm me in game and I'll play with you whenever you want...I am level 100 now and very bored....
Keep plugging away at alfheim and learn the game, practise hitting 0 and just aim for par on each hole...Get good at putting... Rufus is a monster and if you are trying to level there, the best thing you could do is get level 21 and above before tackling this course. It's easy enough without even using a mag to level up and practise on Alfheim before you go to rufus....

Remember don't quit on people and be nice....It's easier to get a game if people remember you as being nice... Laughing Laughing Very Happy Cool

Submitted by: BeeBum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 am 

All beginners often wonder how to get a lot of Ngs so they can afford to buy the more expensive items in the auction house. When I first started this game i wanted better clubs so I asked several members "Whats the best way to get a lot of Ngs?" I found out that if you visit the item mall, and purchase "Fitting Tickets", and sell them in the auction house you can build up your NGs pretty quickly. Nowadays the X3 Power and X3 Skill tickets usually go for at least 35 million Ngs. So if you want the better clubs, and you dont mind spending a little bit of real cash in this game, fitting tickets will bring you some fast Ngs so you can afford to buy the better clubs in the auction house. Wink

Just make sure that you dont buy "Fitting Reset Tickets" they are very hard to sell!

Last edited by Trance39 on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Submitted by: Trance39

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:45 am 

It is good for when buying in auction to ALWAYS make sure you check the duribility on the item.. I have bought items on accident that are used up and cant use. Plus make sure the item is for your level or lower. NEVER OVER BID ON ACCIDENT CHECK

Submitted by: scuba1

Post subject:

to all beginner,

the most important thing in this game is to gain experience points, and to level up as fast as you can. the best way to lvl up as a beginner is to play "stroke" mode and play ALWAYS on RUFUS ARENA with a higher Level, and always with 4 people in the room, Even if u are very bad at the game, the higher level players can help u gain experience if they birdie or eagle. so even if u play cruddy, if ALL 3 of the other players birdie, u can gain much exp point AND also learn from their play style, and even occasionally ask a Question. Chatting is allowed in this game because its a great way to make Friends and its there so Everyone, beginner or not, can learn from others. there is Always room for improvement, so asking for help from a more experienced player is always going to help you greatly. It helped me, and now im a proud member of the Shotonline community, lvl 70 Tour Pro. ask me for help in game, im always there for tips and help. MclarenF1! -ingame name.

additional experience related TIPS on Which Courses Help the most for Leveling FAST.
(lvl 1-20 beginner players)

#1 Rufus Arena (sandy with tough lies and hard greens to putt and to make approach on, but very rewarding when played with higher levels. about 2,700 exp a birdy)

#2 Fensalir (overall easy approach and easy putting but a pretty long distance course. but it also gives a lot of exp per bird. about 1,100 a birdie)

#3 Sosori (a nice peaceful course thats designed for lower levels, and very easy greens, large greens for an easier approach and a over all great place to get a few birdies. about 540 a birdie)
*note* the exp points vary with items, but with a bare minimum, and with a Semi Pro in the room, you will get the above experience points. its "about" that much. but you can still see the difference Very Happy )

there is one extraordinary way to level, but its difficult to pull it off.

if You were referred to this game by a friend, then he/she can help you with this, MAYBE.

if your friend is a level 60 or higher, and is a Semi Pro, your friend can level you up on a different course called GLEIGER.
now, most..and i repeat MOST SPro's or even Tour Pro's stay away from this course due to its difficulty, but if he/she was willing to help you level there, here is how it will work:

step 1: have your friend set the room as a normal AMATEUR/BEGINNER COURSE.

step 2: when YOU have joined the room, have your friend change the COURSE SELECTION TO "GLEIGER".

step 3: now ready your golf bag and start playing!

*note* IF your friend birdies or eagles, you will get about 1,000~ 1,500 experience point for just being there. bottom line, YOU dont have to do much. you can play terrible, but u can still make MORE than on any other course, because if the rest of the 3 players make birdie, even if YOU holed out, they will get you 3,000~ 4,500 experience points!

but again, if you are a beginner in this game with no special help, then just refer to my 1st TIPS and play on Rufus Arena, and please do "Stroke" mode. "Four-Some Match will NOT get you enough points, untill you turn a amateur)

well, gl and hf! and enjoy leveling in the game... the higher the level, the funner it gets! Cool

Submitted by: zoomzoom3

Post subject:

To All Beginner, Welcome and hello ! my tip is generally on how to get started Smile

The fastest and quickest way to get better at this game is honestly to spend money on the game and by buying stat clothes and sell them. by going to www.shotonline.gamescampus.com and logging in, u will see ur CC (campus credit) status and by clicking on it, u can use any of the methods to put some CC on the site. before you buy an item, you will do well to ask other players what is the smartest thing to buy. usually that is a special limited time Item or a lucky box or stats clothes. they are worth the most, and you will not regret spending money on the game if you can sell the items for a lot of ng. by having ng, now u can spend ur ingame currency, ng or "not-gold" on clubs and clothes, and enhancement items. [/color]
the best clubs in the game are:

Tempest Clubs: blue clubs with slow swing gauge and high accuracy

Hurricane Clubs: red clubs with fastest gauge in game, but very generous swing bar with mostly yellow sections (yellow on the hurricane helps you to not make a bad shot and shank as often as on other clubs) hurricane is very accurate and strong on distance.

Tornado clubs: yellow clubs with fast gauge, and semi-fast swing gauge. inaccurate, yet credited with the farthest hitting distance, the tornado iron is used by many players.

Pick and Choose Clubs.
the best clubs, used right can give u the BEST GOLF BAG in the game.
generally, as a beginner at least, these clubs will help you immensely in playing a solid and good round.
1st,
BEST DRIVERS TO HAVE: Tornado Driver or Hybrid (black club with slow gauge and very very accurate hit, and as long as a Tornado Driver)

BEST WOODS (3wood 5wood): Tornado (for distance) Hurricane (for ABSOLUTE accuracy and consistency)

BEST IRONS: Tempest Irons (great accuracy and good distance, plus slow swing gauge) Hurricane Irons (amazing accuracy and great distance)

Wedges (PW AW SW) [PW- Pitching Wedge, AW- Approach Wedge, SW- Sand Wedge]: Tempest Wedges (farthest distance with accuracy, and great slow swing gauge) Werdandi Wedges (orange silver clubs with also slow gauge and great control over chip)

Putter: Blue Jade (good looking putter that can boost your confidence because of its extra ordinary putting. can't be explained really, but its a great putter with consistency and accuracy) (some in-game putters are not 100% accurate)
Werdandi Putter (accurate and slow gauge so you can aim, and putt the % u want to putt it at EVERY time) Tempest putter (same as werdandi, but blue and a little weaker)

that will be it. if you use my list and use it as a guideline to pick out clubs for your Golf Bag, then you will be most successful at this golf game.

Submitted by: Izzy12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:46 am 

Save your NG!!
NG is money earned from playing the game.
A lot of people buy Campus Cash to buy items from the online item mall to sell in the game to get more NG. However, I am lvl 94 and have only spent $10. I have great clubs and stat clothes which are expensive. So, it IS possible to play this game for free and spend that extra money on other more important things in life.
Have fun, and I hope this helps to reassure your doubts of playing.

Submitted by : Cubs

Post subject:

If a begineer plays with a amateur, and the amateur birdies you get quite alot of xp! More even if you have a semi-pro in the room, and they birdie, if you par, they receive xp from you. So there is an advantage to playing with amateurs and semi pros, they can help level you up faster. Also, finding a good guild can help, stand in the square and listen to people talk, you will soon learn, who you like to associate with. And can see if they are recruiting for new members, also,most important, treat people around you with respect, and they should do the same for you.

Submitted by : northrnlite

Post subject:

All I can say is conserve your ng as it becomes more and more important as you level. You will need better clubs and they are not cheap especially hurricanes, tornados, and tempest.

My best advice is to find a good guild with people you can have fun with and just enjoy playing a fun game with good people who like to have fun with the game just like you.

Submitted by : Snebbir7

Post subject:

Tip: How to Get Experience Points FASTER for beginner without using speacial equipment ?

- Beginner players should play on Novice Channel and they will get extra experience points for the proper title.

- Playing foursome mode is one of the best ways to get the experience points (team with higher level player).

- Double and triple experience days are the key to gain levels faster.

PS: Using Mageia (get Birdie or better score) is the best choice, if you can afford it. Laughing Razz

Playing with the spirit of the Game ! Sportsmen !

This tip is brought to you by DragonArd

Submitted by : DragonArd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 am 

Purchasing online or from the Item Mall is not a necessity. There are some items that are not worth purchasing right away. I feel that the best bang for the buck is purchasing either a gold or gold plus membership. The best is purchasing the gold plus membership. Here is a break down of what you get for each membership type:

Gold: 50% less green fees for all courses. 5% more NG, XP, and 5% less repair cost. 30% less when purchasing items from NPC (in square characters). Free trade and free locker use. You also get 2 additional lockers. Each time you purchase this membership, you get 1 mageia II, 1 cyma II, and a lucky box.

Gold Plus: Free green fees on all courses, and those that play with you get 50% green fees. 20% more NG, XP, and 20% less repair cost. You also get 30% less when purchasing items from NPC. Free trade and no locker fee. You also get 2 additional lockers. This membership comes in 1, 3 or 6 month versions. With the 1 month, you get 1 mag, 1 cyma, 2 lucky boxes, and 1 million NG. With the 3 month you used to get 3 mags, 3 cymas, 6 lucky boxes and 5 million NG. With 6 month, you get 6 mags, 6 cymas, 6 million NG, and 12 lucky boxes.

The reduction in green fees, repair cost and discount for NPC items is huge. I have found that this is the biggest bang for the buck that you can get. I play on the average of 30 rounds of 3 hole Cadeigers per day. That is equal to 2,000 NG per round to a total of 60,000 NG per day. Calculate that to a month, that is approximately 1,800,000 NG that I save. On 2x and 3x days, I average 2 times as much playing. So, by simple math, I am saving myself a lot of NG with the gold plus membership just alone in green fees.

Submitted by : aewill

Post subject:

Experience let you gain new abilitys in your shots, like more distance more spin , more accuraci , simple "you become a better player in game" by gaining EXPerience and LevelUp.

Evertime you are successfull in Quest , Par, Birds , Eagle, Albatross,Hole in One you get EXPerience, short call EXP or XP . Every level has a limited amount of EXP to gain to get to the next level. A Level gives you 2 additional Status Points for your Player.

0. You cant buy EXP

1. You can use Items/clubs to get more EXP if you get EXP.

2. You can play higher course to get more EXP.

3. You can gain new better title to get more EXP.

4. You can wait for double and tripple EXP days to get more EXP.

5. You get more EXP when you have a player with a higher title in your room. .

5.1 beginner gets additionaly exp at stroke play when a amateur , semi pro, tour pro putts a birdie or better.

5.1.1 ALL PLAYERS gets additionaly exp at stroke play when a beginner putt a par or better..

5.2 beginner/amateur get more EXP with a Semi-Pro/Tour Pro player in the room.

5.3 Semi-Pro get more EXP when Tour Pro is in da room.

5.4 The EXP will multiply by the Count of players in the room..

6. Any putting guy GET MORE EXP with a LEVEL 100 in the room .

7. you get more EXP from proper title Server.

8. you get more EXP from playercount bonus at your server.

9. you get more EXP for a course when you in a guild witch own the assoziated guildroom for this course.

P.S. This game has a WIN WIN situation , maybe you lost the match but you get EXP and with a higher titled player in your room you get more and more . so dont quitt if you miss , play till end:-)

Submitted by : missisippi

Post subject:

Don't waste your NG in mopsos or invest any stat points in stamina. It's just cheaper to buy drinks. Also you will get a lot of drinks from the present boxes you randomly get. Invest the stat points in both power and impact (always keeping power under impact) and bring skill up to 12-14. This should be ok until you hit lvl 41.

Submitted by : StewieGriffin

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]