Community - Forum
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Starting out in 2015
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:55 am 

I used to play a long time ago (a few years at least), and I just got the urge to try the game again. Before we get started, I would like to clear up a few things that I don't really remember from last time, and that may or may not have changed since I last played:

- Does character selection matter? I remember that stamina was mostly considered useless, and it seems that hasn't changed much. Does this mean Wotan is objectively worse than any other character? Or should we chose based on who we like most for aesthetical purposes?

- Is Hollid mostly dead? My old character is on Hollid, but I logged on and saw basically nobody playing. Not finding games can be really frustrating, so I'm considering starting on Vallar this time around.

- How to allocate stats? Last time, I followed some guideline like "keep impact 12 over power, until power is at 34, then go all skill". I can't seem to find any definitive answer here, just a bunch of speculative threads here and there. Is there any agreed upon standard to follow?

I'm sorry if these questions have been asked and answered before. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Starting out in 2015
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:13 pm 

If you create a Zygmunt or Albus, then you won't have to use expensive Fedora+ in the future when you need to change stats. They come with only 2 stamina, so it is not worth trying to capture the wasted stamina stats.

Yes, Hollid is mostly dead.

Until you get to about level 75, you should have Power about 50, Impact about 50, and the rest on Skill. When you hit level 75 or so, switch to a "skill build", wherein you have Power at around 35-38, Impact at 50 or so, and the rest on Skill. As you level from there, just add new stats to Skill. (PS: The idea that Impact has to be +N over Power is a myth)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 am 

A_In_NS wrote:
If you create a Zygmunt or Albus, then you won't have to use expensive Fedora+ in the future when you need to change stats. They come with only 2 stamina, so it is not worth trying to capture the wasted stamina stats.

Yes, Hollid is mostly dead.

Until you get to about level 75, you should have Power about 50, Impact about 50, and the rest on Skill. When you hit level 75 or so, switch to a "skill build", wherein you have Power at around 35-38, Impact at 50 or so, and the rest on Skill. As you level from there, just add new stats to Skill. (PS: The idea that Impact has to be +N over Power is a myth)

Thank you!

Just out of curiousity, how big of a deal is having 7 extra stamina? Does it severely limit end-game potential, or is it just a minor inconvenience?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:22 pm 

Personally i think leveling is so quick now with the Scenario quest route that i tell my new Guild Members to head for the "Power at around 35-38, Impact at 50 or so, and the rest on Skil"... part from the off ... saves all that explaining the new skill build later on and saves use of Fedoras for emergencies ! ;)

Isca-Babe 102 MP... Vallar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:21 am 

Now that you mention that... I can see that is the way to go... just head for the proper build/stats from the beginning.