Community - Forum
It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Putting Question.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm 

hey guys,

i am pretty newbie about this game.. i know how to approach the hole but the worst part is PUTTING!

man, i terrible at this game.. anyways, how do you putt? example: when it says 2.3 yrds, how many percentage in the arrow thingy should we stop? it really confused me.. sometimes, i go too far sometimes wayy to slow..

any tips that you can share to me would be very much appreciated..

thanks!

Post subject: Re: Putting Question.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:08 pm 

get yourself a putting chart

Code:
EXP Putters, Werdandi   |       Gribador (default)
Almost Every Putter     |
                        |
5y  ........ 29%        |       5y  ........ 30%
6y  ........ 32%        |       6y  ........ 33%
7y  ........ 35%        |       7y  ........ 37%
8y  ........ 38%        |       8y  ........ 40%
9y  ........ 41%        |       9y  ........ 44%
10y ........ 44%        |       10y ........ 48%
11y ........ 46%        |       11y ........ 53%
12y ........ 48%        |       12y ........ 57%
13y ........ 51%        |       13y ........ 60%
14y ........ 53%        |       14y ........ 63%
15y ........ 55%        |       15y ........ 67%
16y ........ 57%        |       16y ........ 70%
17y ........ 61%        |       17y ........ 73%
18y ........ 63%        |       18y ........ 76%
19y ........ 66%        |       19y ........ 79%
20y ........ 69%        |       20y ........ 81%
21y ........ 72%        |       21y ........ 84%
22y ........ 74%        |       22y ........ 87%
23y ........ 76%        |       23y ........ 90%
24y ........ 79%        |       24y ........ 94%
25y ........ 82%        |       25y ........ 98%
26y ........ 84%        |       26y ........ 101%
27y ........ 87%        |       27y ........ 103%
28y ........ 90%        |       28y ........ 106%
29y ........ 92%        |       29y ........ 108%
30y ........ 94%        |       30y ........ 110%
31y ........ 96%        |       
32y ........ 98%        |-------------------------     
33y ........ 100%       |       
34y ........ 102%       |  Every 0.2 up hill is 1 yard added
35y ........ 104%       |       
36y ........ 106%       |  Every 0.2 down is 1.5 yards subtracted
37y ........ 108%       |       
38y ........ 110%       |  *Werdandi/Nado can go up to 60% off green edge without shanking

This is mine, not saying it is the best or the one you should use but it does me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:35 pm 

thank you very very much sir.. appreciated it! i will use this..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:19 pm 

Hi MRQuad,

I've copied/pasted my Aiming Guide here for you as I thought it might help you ok !! ;)

phil336 wrote:
!!! The 'Click' Aiming System !!!

Many people use this system and works really well to compensate for the wind and also helps when Putting too, whilst playing Shot-Online some people may give advice to you saying things like "2 left 45", this simply means 2 'Clicks' to the left and hit with 45% power.

:?: What is a 'Click' you ask??......

Well, it's quite simply ONE press of the ARROW KEYS (<-/->) on your keyboard either left or right as they can be used to aim your characters shot at anytime whilst playing.
Wind in Shot-Online is measured by Meters Per Second (m/s) and ranges from 0m/s (indicated by 'X' in-game) and the most I have seen is 8 m/s. (8m/s Is pretty rare though)
For each m/s you should 'Click' once against the wind, a one to one rule, until the wind blows harder from about 4m/s and higher, then you will need to add 2 'Clicks' per m/s of wind.

Example....
When driving with cross wind (left to right OR right to left) this is the best way to compensate for the wind, if the wind is blowing 4m/s from right to left then you will need to aim 4 'Clicks' INTO the wind for your ball to land where you want, the following chart should help you to work out how much you need to aim into the wind to compensate.

(This chart is calculated for use when driving but can be adjusted to apply to most shots once you get used to the system)

Wind............Clicks

0m/s (X)........0
1m/s..............1
2m/s..............2
3m/s..............3
4m/s..............4..........(possibly 4+1/2)
5m/s..............5+1/2...(possibly 6)
6m/s..............6+1/2...(possibly 7)
7m/s..............8..........(possibly 9 or even 10)

The amount of 'Clicks' vary depending on how far you want the ball to go and what club you use, basically the longer the ball is in the air the more the wind will effect your balls flight, so the amount of clicks gets less the shorter your shot is, I have listed the 'Possible' amounts for the longer shots as the ball is in the air longer so the wind has more time to blow it further.

When I say 5+1/2, I mean 5 'Clicks' and then use the mouse to move your aim half of the distance of a click. (Little practice of this and you will get it)

As the wind gets stronger you will need to aim further into it to allow the wind to carry the ball to where you want as I have shown in the chart, same applies when using the lower clubs that give your ball more height such-as your Wedges, 9i, 8i, etc. etc.

As your character gets stronger and you progress this tip will come naturally to you and you will know exactly how many 'Clicks' you need to allow for the wind as it stays pretty consistant through-out all levels.

When putting the wind doesn't affect your ball but the 'Click System' is a great way to get your ball in the hole as well !!

Example.....

(% of power given on the following chart is for an average running speed on a flat green)

Yds...........Clicks........Power %

(Works for most putters but not for putters with the same power as the Gribador, if you use the Gribador or one with similar power then you need to add roughly 2% to each of the Power % ok)

These are only a guide and to be used as a base to go by because as you all know the greens have different running speeds and every putt is different from the last but when making a putt around 3yds 'Click' once into the direction of the of the slope (if arrows are running right/left you aim right) and use about 32% and you will sink the ball everytime !!

:!: If you have a hole thats higher than your character then you will have to add a little more power to get the ball up the hill and less power for a downhill shot but you won't have to aim as far out either as the extra speed keeps your ball straighter, a little practice and you'll see what I mean !!

Once you get used to this 'Click' system your game will become much easier and more natural to you !!

I hope this helps but if you would like anymore advice then leave a post here and I'll answer it as soon as I can OR you can contact me (phil336) in-game and I'll be happy to help ok !! 8-)

!! Good Luck.............Cya on the Field !!

!! Started SO beginning of 2004 & Still addicted today !! ;)

!! Lv.100 TP due to break /-24 !!

!! Don't Think....................................Just Do !!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:40 pm 

Nice try phil. tho ur charts are a bit backwards. its not the longer the ball is in the air that u need more clicks exactly its how high bro. No disrespect man but Wind chart looks more like this.

wedges = 1 click per 0.6 m/s wind
short Irons = 1 click per 0.7 m/s wind
6 Iron = 1 click per 0.8 m/s wind
5 iron = 1 click per 0.9 m/s wind
4i & 5w = 1 click per 1.0 m/s wind
3i & 3w = 1 click per 1.1 m/s wind
Driver = 1 click per 1.2 m/s wind

Im' gonna guess that this chart is why yours have the (possibly lots more) in them.

As far as your putting chart. I don't exactly know how to teach putting myself. Tho i wish i did cause about 20 ppl a day ask me to teach them lol. But i putt pretty decent and i've never ran across a 10 yrd putt that required 8 clicks that wasn't on gleiger lol. That however could be just our diffrence in putting style so i'll test ur chart here and maybe i can refer the ppl that ask me to teach them to it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 pm 

Forgive me if I'm wrong but....If the ball goes higher surely it will be in the air longer, so really you've just said the same thing !!

Just a difference in style jo mate that's all !!

I've been playing this game for 4yrs now and my putting chart & click system works very well for me plus I've also taught MANY MANY players throughout my career and every single one says my putting system is great and has REALLY improved their game so it can't be that wrong bud !!

Each to their own mate, as long as the ball goes-in is all that matters !! ;)

!! Cya on the Field !!

!! Started SO beginning of 2004 & Still addicted today !! ;)

!! Lv.100 TP due to break /-24 !!

!! Don't Think....................................Just Do !!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:00 pm 

ok so i tested your putting chart.

Its a good lag chart if you wanna get close to the hole i spose. but 9/10 times ur gonna miss anything thats not 4 5 or 6 yrds. Glad it works for u and some others. Just not something i'm gonna be able to refer people too. I could see how it improves a bad putters game as ur not gonna get many 3 putts using this chart and its all a lag putt chart.

as far as ur wind theory..I didn't count the seconds but ur 6i is ur highest lofted club and notice its way more affect by wind than say ur driver which is traveling farther. But i can't be botherd to go hit and count the seconds its in the air lol. All i know is that me and some really great players use the wind chart i posted for you. And its extremely accurate. It was passed on to me by Mr.PasturePool as was most of the tips i now share with the rest of the community. Not saying urs is wrong by any means. If it works for u it works for you. I just wanted to help by posting a more accurate one for you :)

2x Joeyj 2x lvl 102 2x -33 hdcp!! GL guys happy golfing :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:25 pm 

very nice tips joey very useful . hio's will be easier ^^