Community - Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Passing semipro - Good or Bad?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:52 am 

So Im level 48 and as soon as i got the quest to take the semipro test I took it and passed with flying colours. Yay?

It seems I dont get the 4050 exp i used to get for my eagles anymore on a happy-fensalir. Its dropped to near 2700 and the birdies are only worth 1200 instead of 2700, and the pars are only 600 instead of 1800.

What was the benefit of taking the semipro test then? I unlocked Cad easily but cant play it. For my level's stats its too difficult and end up getting negative exp as i cant get enough loft on my drives and shots and cant make t he fairways.

Have I passed the test too early and screwed myself?

Post subject: Re: Passing semipro - Good or Bad?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:36 am 

No you didn't screw urself...it's just part of the learning & growing process of the game. Just wait til you hit the level 50's...ur exp earnings will drop even more. That being said 60's, 70's, 80's etc. will give you less and less exp as you progress. At one point even with a Mageia on you will get only 0.1% for a bird.
Sounds disheartening I know, but again, it's just al a part of the game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:43 am 

No, you did not screw yourself.
And the above mentioned is not 100% correct.

The amaount of exp earned does not change with higher level, it only changes according to your title.
You always get the same amount of base-exp for your result, as long as you don´t change title.
Exp are based on the course that you play.
What does change though is the total amount of exp needed for level-up. That´s why you end up with 0.5% per Birdy and even worse than that.
But once again: You still get the same amount of exp!

As Semi you should gain more exp for Eagle and Bird, less for Par and ZERO for Bogey. Finally: negative exp for dbl. Bogey and worse.

You get more NG as well.

Other amateurs/beginners get 50% more when they play the same room then you (Semi) do. (I think it was 50%)

Maybe you get less exp because:
Don´t use Mag
Do not play 4 players
Calculated the basic-amateur exp PLUS 50% because of semi in room

Hope I could help you out on this one.

Cheers Matthias

Edit: To get back to your thread-header-question:
IMO it´s defenitly worth it. It´s the next step in your career and it unlocks important courses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:25 pm 

Wasn't trying to be 100% correct but what I said is basically the same damn thing....as you level the amount of EXP u get will be worth less and less and less and less. Geeez, why be so anal about something. If you're that critical of my small wordings, spend ur time more wisely and go fix the global economy or something dude. No disrespect meant by all means :o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:18 am 

Banned0dwtS wrote:
Wasn't trying to be 100% correct but what I said is basically the same Darn thing....as you level the amount of EXP u get will be worth less and less and less and less. Geeez, why be so anal about something. If you're that critical of my small wordings, spend ur time more wisely and go fix the global economy or something dude. No disrespect meant by all means :o

I don´t know, what´s wrong with you, pal, but what fodera wrote is absolutely correct...

If you try to give hints to newies, you should alway try to be 100% correct.
And what you said are two totally different pairs of trousers.

Besides, keeping 100millions of newies from all around the world from hyperventlating while reading, that people gained less exp, the higher their levels got => massive reduction of global CO² production => he payed his dues on saving the plant :lol:

Just keep it cool banned (nick might speak louder than words..).
I can´t find any personal offence in foderas post!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:59 am 

Here's something I typed-up for the Beginners Tips Event a little while back so I copied/pasted it here as I thought it might help you a little ok.....

phil336 wrote:
Beginner:

Everyone starts at lv.1 as a Beginner.
Beginners use the tee closest to the green. Items available to beginners are limited and trading between beginners and other players is not allowed.
Bonus experience is awarded when a beginner scores Par or better.

Amateur:

You become an Amateur when you reach lv.21.
Amateurs use the middle tee from the green and trading between players is now enabled and you have access to more items in the game too.

Semi-Pro:

You can become a Semi-Pro from lv.41 onwards and play from the farthest tee from the green.
To gain the title of Semi-pro you must pass a test that comes round every 2 weeks (see Thor in the square) you must have a handicap of -4 on Gladsheim course, the test fee is 250,000NG and you must hit UNDER 68 at Gladsheim to qualify as Semi-Pro.
More items become available to you and receive 100% experience bonus when hitting under Par, Beginners and Amateurs that play with a Semi-Pro or Pro get a 50% experience bonus.
When you have acheived the title Semi-Pro you are able to play on Abel-Plena, Cadeiger and Gleiger, Pro-courses.

Tour-Pro:

You can become a Tour-Pro from lv.61 onwards and play from the farthest tee from the green also.
To become a Tour-Pro you must pass another test which is held once a month and is restricted to 200 players. The entry fee is 1 million NG you also need to be a Semi-Pro for at least 3 months before you are able to take the Tour-Pro test and you must also have a handicap of -12 on both Hela and Forneus courses then you are able to take the test.
To pass the test you will need to score -12 (or better) on both Hela and Forneus courses. Only the top 20% of players who qualify are actually awarded the Tour-Pro title. When you pass you are awarded a pair of Tour-Pro pants which give you an extra +1 power and +1 stamina to your stats when you wear them.
When acheiving Tou-Pro you will have access to all items in the game and Semi-Pro players gain a 20% experience bonus when playing with a Tour-Pro. You also have to Re-Qualify every 3 months in order to maintain your Tour-Pro title.
Both Semi-Pro and Tour-Pro's will lose a little experience as a penalty if they score OVER par, the amount of which is dependant on which course your playing.

Levelling up is easy when just getting started, nearly every round you will go up a level and gain 2 extra points to add to your characters stats. The more people you play with the more experience you will gain, the best way to gain the most experience is to play with 4 people in a Four-some game mode and if you wear an item called 'Mageia' your experience points are Doubled on each hole and thus levelling much quicker, each level requires more experience than the one before so the higher level you are the longer it will take to level up but your still awarded the same amount per Par, Bird, Eagle, etc. ok !!

Once you start your character off in Shot-Online you are entitled to some FREE ITEMS....Go to the Shot-Online website at http://www.gamescampus.com/shotonline ....'Sign-In' then click 'Item Mall' at the top of the page then click on 'Free Items' (middle right of the page) and all the items that are shown are completely free to ALL begenners, once only. Just click on 'Buy It' on each item and follow the on-screen instructions to gain your free items.
Once you have (apparently) bought all the free items, load/log-on to Shot-Online and go to 'Potter' in the square and click on him and select 'Virtual Locker' then just click on each item that is there and they will be added to your inventory for you to use.

!! Good Luck and Happy Levelling !!

!! Hope this Helps...........Cya on the Field !! ;)

!! Started SO beginning of 2004 & Still addicted today !! ;)

!! Lv.100 TP due to break /-24 !!

!! Don't Think....................................Just Do !!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:23 am 

BabeLea wrote:
Banned0dwtS wrote:
Wasn't trying to be 100% correct but what I said is basically the same Darn thing....as you level the amount of EXP u get will be worth less and less and less and less. Geeez, why be so anal about something. If you're that critical of my small wordings, spend ur time more wisely and go fix the global economy or something dude. No disrespect meant by all means :o

I don´t know, what´s wrong with you, pal, but what fodera wrote is absolutely correct...

If you try to give hints to newies, you should alway try to be 100% correct.
And what you said are two totally different pairs of trousers.

Besides, keeping 100millions of newies from all around the world from hyperventlating while reading, that people gained less exp, the higher their levels got => massive reduction of global CO² production => he payed his dues on saving the plant :lol:

Just keep it cool banned (nick might speak louder than words..).
I can´t find any personal offence in foderas post!

#1 I'm not your Pal......

#2 As stated below and somewhat what I "tried" to imply it will take longer to level, almost same as getting less exp...geeeez. Call me what you will, but it's just about the same principle. Whoopeeee same exp amount!!! But it will equal to a lot less exp%. One in the same.

#3 Go find someone else to harass k? Lots more issues going on than my mis-wording some stupid exp crap.

#4 Who mentioned anything about personal "OFFENSE"??

#5 Sigh....I'm going back to my hole in the ground..have a sweeeeet lolipop day!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:41 am 

phil336 wrote:
More items become available to you and receive 100% experience bonus when hitting under Par.

Good post, but atleast I don't get any magical 100% exp bonus for birdies. :) For example a birdie in Volcano for amateur is 100 exp, but 80 exp for semi-pro. Birdies only give more exp on the harder courses (2.5 stars or more).

I think for normal players it's not wise to become a semi-pro until level 48-53. Then you should be able to do enough birds on cads for it to be worthwhile. Also cads is a tricky course and needs many rounds to know how to play it properly. So if your first few tries have failed don't give up. :) Hook up with some higher level players for 4somes and watch and learn.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:16 am 

When I was a baby I was happily able to crap myself anytime, anyplace, anywhere, and someone would clean me up. I could puke on my mothers shoulder and she would smile right back at me. I didnt have to feed myself. I didnt have to work.

Then I became a teenager, and although thanks to booze I still occasionally puked on people, I could unfortunately no longer publicly poo my pants. I also had to start burning Heinz baken beans and toast for my lunch, all by myself.

As a man I find myself having to do all kinds of rubbish stuff. The other day I had to wipe my cat's anus, for God's sake!

Did I screw myself by growing up? Naah, life is a game and the game keeps changing as you get further through it - sometimes for worse, mostly for better. Now I only spew up when I watch X-Factor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:28 pm 

neeway2000 wrote:
When I was a baby I was happily able to crap myself anytime, anyplace, anywhere, and someone would clean me up. I could puke on my mothers shoulder and she would smile right back at me. I didnt have to feed myself. I didnt have to work.

Then I became a teenager, and although thanks to booze I still occasionally puked on people, I could unfortunately no longer publicly poo my pants. I also had to start burning Heinz baken beans and toast for my lunch, all by myself.

As a man I find myself having to do all kinds of rubbish stuff. The other day I had to wipe my cat's anus, for God's sake!

Did I screw myself by growing up? Naah, life is a game and the game keeps changing as you get further through it - sometimes for worse, mostly for better. Now I only spew up when I watch X-Factor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

!! Started SO beginning of 2004 & Still addicted today !! ;)

!! Lv.100 TP due to break /-24 !!

!! Don't Think....................................Just Do !!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:21 pm 

I've become semi-pro this wensday this monday while being lvl 48, now i'm lvl 50 and i think that i could lvl up even sooner and it wouldn't be a problem(my first try on cads ended with -7 without mulligans even with 3 ob-s). Anyway after i become semi-pro, playing happy courses is not payable anymore (only if it's hela/forneus/glads with in fact 2xexp or some nice normal course (like fensalir)). Anyway it fells nice to play cads for me, but the moment the cads will get boring for me i would have to chose exp of fun, which frightens me. So maybe i did good to become semi at 48lvl, cuz i've taken the most joy from the happy courses and took my time getting the money needed for the mulligans. Now it's the time to break the myth that every 45-55lvl doesn't wear mulligans and hit shht on cads :P

anyway i think that the common thinking that you should go for the test when you are around lvl 50 is good. If you want to know if you will do good on hard courses, try playing hard random (yes you can do it, if you unlock it from the forneus quest).

cya on the course semis ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:24 am 

Quote:

Getting drunk and puking, eating beans and toast and wiping cat anuses... I think I'll take advice from others. Thanks though.

Anyway, I have noticed the higher levels do not want to team up with a level 41 and there are people who make rooms that say 90+++++++++(A single plus sign is fine) Also at level 41 playing cad is very difficult, you wont be able to make many of the shots well enough. So in a way I actually had screwed myself up by passing the semipro test too soon.

Its not just me, I have talked to plenty of 41-55 players who have trouble getting a cad game because of this odd culture of 70+++ 80+++ 90++++. So take my advice and pass your semi pro test after level 60ish and build up your exp in happy courses. Unless you have friends at the exact same level as you (like I did) or have a high level friend who wouldnt mind teaming with you, you really should not pass the semipro test at 41.

Luckily for me, my friend is the exact same level as me which means I get enough games without the need of teaming with someone who wants to play with 90+++++++!!!111!!!one!!! all the time. Having said all that, I have also noticed a few 90+ players that will play for the fun of it instead of just 90+++++++++.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:02 am 

The reason that high levels won't play with 50levels or lower is because 50 level players are one big mystery. They could just become semi-pro and it's their first run for the cads. On the other hand there are ppl who run item echancers,clothes statsed up and some decent ball. For example let's compare clean level 50 and level 50 with yoga clothes, 3xzod1000 and some regular nation balls (+1p+1i)
each zod gives you +6normalstats and +2stamina, each yoga +1power,+1stamina. So if you sum it all together is +24normal stats and +12stamina stats. That makes 12levels (and 6stamina levels)!
So the lvl50 can in fact turn out to be better than lvl62.

Also many high levels are used to be playing with Mulligans. If they make a risky shot and they fail they use a Mulligan card. Player new to cads almost every time tries something different to learn the course but when he fails the partner is also paying for it. And if he's wearing some goeteias it can cost him too much.

So the only option for me to gain trust of ppl in 4some is to first lower your global hc (it's the only information except the lvl number that shows up instantly), get some clothes that you look like a semi pro, and Mulligans. And after you join a room say "don't kick me, i'm good, i have Mulligans". Also you should lower your hc on cads to gain confidence of your shots and you can also say what is your cads hc while joining the room too.

Anyway it's way harder to find a room on cads when your lvl 41-49 than 50+, but that's obvious.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 am 

To be completely fair, it's tough to get consistent games on cads until you are 60+ and even then it can be sketchy! Having a good global hc number can help but not always. Having Mulligans will help you more than anything else, if you can get in the "have mulligans" before the boot hits you in the behind and out you go. Even then people want to minimize the time it takes to play, so if they think you'll have to use a lot of mulligans, thus slowing play, they will still kick you. The best way to assure games on cads... play with friend and guildies! That's the ONLY way you can guarantee yourself rounds on cads up until you are 70+. So, really, if you are looking to pass your semi, go straight to playing cads *hopefully after a few full 18 rounds solo play to learn it :-)* then your best bet is to wait til about 60 ish like moe888uk suggested.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:15 pm 

If you want to play Cads in the 40's or 50's - join a room on int1, most of us will play with you no matter what level, we have 60 to 80 who are just here to help, it's when you are on adv1 that the discrimination happens - they are usually equipped and wont take the hits - but we are poor and dont give a fudge lol.