Community - Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Help for lost Newbie
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:17 am 

I'm virtually brand new to this game and I have a few questions to get this thread started.
Rooms:
1. When you get ready to play you have the choice to join a room or create one. Mostly I've been creating them because when I have tried to join a room, I go in there and others are playing and they just seem to keep playing. I never get to shoot.

Is this because they have a game in progress and I have to wait till they are done to start?
Last night I created a room and almost immediately someone was there for me to play with.
Did they just happen to click on join at just the right moment or is there a way to tell when someone is just starting a game?

I liked playing w/ someone else cause even w/ my crappy shooting I got a lot more NG per hole.

About Quest:

2. I click on quest and it tells me to go talk to Anthony Bestra. I did, and then I click on available quest. I click on the first one in the list and nothing happens.
What am I missing here? How do I begin the next quest?

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have more questions in this thread though. Oh, and I'd like to add that I couldn't even figure out how to walk around in the square at first. lol. I do know that now though.

Post subject: Re: Help for lost Newbie
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:21 pm 

When you go to a game list, there are several types of rooms. There are open rooms (marked by blue join button), they can be with or without password. Of course you need to know pw for those with it. Also rooms that started playing already(marked by orange gallery button). They also can have pw. The ones with join option still need players to full room, those with gallery options are started already but you can watch.

As for someone joining your room...they see that you just created it, so they drop in. Thus they know that you are actually there and not sleeping in open room... :lol: If you are on Vallar, than you'll always have enough players joining, if on Hollid...at times you'll need to wait a bit for someone to show up.

With quests....press alt + q ... there is a quest list. You can find active quests, availiable quests and quests you already done there. When you take a quest from someone he describes you a quest in a dialogue window....there is an option to take quest, you need to select it to actually begin quest. When quest is accomplished, a message will pop-up. After that you need to speak on a subject of quest with the NPC who gave it to you to get reward.

Best thing you can do is to browse through the 'begginer tips' part of the forum. I'm sure you can find all you need there. If you are on Hollid, feel free to ask around, lots of helpful people around. Guess same goes for Vallar, but I've never been there. If you see me on square, aslo feel free to ask for any help you may need. GL, HF and happy golfing. :D

Post subject: Re: Help for lost Newbie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:41 pm 

I know this is a bit llate Alex but thanks for the advice. You really helped me a lot.