Community - Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: cheating
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:33 am 

is there any cheating in this game other then scammers selling clubs with one swing left, anyone have a list on all the many ways cheaters use to win so i can see it coming,i heard a team recently had hackers destroy thier team by stealing the password,back in the day in the zone on msn with links 2001 there was alot of talk of cheating people using meters that swing for u, leaving the game before a bad shot hits the ground and many ways

Post subject: Re: cheating
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:52 pm 

plenty of cheats around, stay away from them u will get caught eventually :)
For the rest just enjoy the game and dont trust anybody with your stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:51 pm 
cheaters ALLWAYS get cought out and banned, and if they dont get cought straight away its only a matter of time before they are found out and reported..

No room what so ever on SO for cheaters

Mav

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:39 pm 

Anyone who plays better than me is cheating :twisted:

Last edited by neeway2000 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:03 am 

There are cheats in EVERY online game.
Any one who cheats is a scumbag plain and simple.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:48 pm 

I'm not a cheater but lets brainstorm here and list all the ways to cheat so we all are equally educated on the ways enough to spot them and take action,

here's a few ways
1.hackin passwords destroying teams and accounts
2.shot calculators on another free computer or even on the same computer running in the backround,sold on the net and made by nerds homemade shot calculators

3.using more then one computer crashing rounds

4.shutting off the power button before a bad shot hits the ground
saying u froze

u say they all get caught how and for how long are they banned

how many ways are there to cheat ,why shouldnt we be allowed to know if we're gonna spend all this time playing it

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:19 am 

All depends on your definition of cheating. None of your list are cheating in my book. Some are unpopular. The hacking you mention was not a hack, I believe, so that's not cheating, it's just anti-social. Using EZ-Caddy isn't cheating either, it's just shameful.
Most attempts to cheat only end up cheating the cheat out of a good game. Apart from trading scams, which are now minimised by the mediator list.
Try not to worry about it or you are likely to start calling people cheats unnecessarily.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:07 pm 

whats ez caddy and where do they get it,and at what level,how many players are using this,hows it used

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:18 pm 

I gotta say, you seem to be almost obsessively interested in every cheat and underhanded tactic to get ahead in this game.

Honestly I'm Sitting here, wondering whether your enquiries are really about how bad this game has been mired by exploits, or if you think you can get away with it...

:?:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:37 pm 

No actually i prefer playing fast rounds and i shoot right away,its a good way to tell if somebody might might be cheating charts galore,i just wanna be able to know who's using it so I can rest easy knowing I played well without using a ez caddy or other means to an edge.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 am 

Well the thing is, not everyone is going to play the game the same way you do, but that doesn't make them cheats. It's personal preference. Some play by circle, some by chart, some by memory of distances per club (a mental chart). Making charts is an aid, not a cheat.

Another point is that many people new to the game think they are competing against others in the room. Generally this is not the case, unless it has been agreed before the game. So if you're not competing, and you're mostly concerned with your own game, then cheating doesn't come into it.

The previous poster mentioned banning. I believe he is referring to true cheating... e.g. using methods referred to as hacking (rightly or wrongly) to get hole-in-ones. Permanent bans are awarded for the use of these, as they can be traced (mostly, I believe). People obviously don't get banned for quitting a room to avoid taking a bad shot. But they might receive an angry PM from the person/people in the same room.

I could go on. But it's pointless really. Like I say, scamming is much more prevalent than other 'cheats' so just play your own game, accept that there is no single 'correct' way, and always use a mediator when trading with strangers. Nobody here is going to explain exactly how to cheat, and if they did then a moderator would quite rightly remove the post.
(BTW I'm no expert, I'm just trying to help as best I can)