Community - Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: EzCaddy Pro v4.0432 - source unlocked - settings included
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:29 am 

While ago I hinted about the new EzCaddy Pro 4.x generation with what I've been working for quite some time now. The day to show results has arrived.

As trivial information for new people I must remind that excel is required. I don't hand out any fully configured setting files either, but you may trade them with your friends freely. This program is there to help you with your own level of skill and knowledge. It is not a thing which makes you win by click of a button.

What comes to technical functionality this software doesn't communicate with shot-online client any way. You have to manually input all the data while you play or while you configure the client. EzC 3.x has been cleared by SO-staff long time ago and as 4.x works exactly same way than 3.x there is no conflicts with the Eula. However I must clarify that SO-staff do NOT encourage you to use programs like this either. Using this is your personal choice and your personal choice only.

Unlike early 3.x versions EzCaddy 4.x is 100% freeware with 0% adverts or annoying popups. You may donate something in game if you like but I don't expect you to do so. I've continued the EzCaddy project during my free days mainly for my own pleasure and if few other guys/gals think that it is worth using - I'm more than happy to that already :) You may also join the official support guild in game, which is called "EzCaddy_association".

So... what is new in EzC4 ?

Better questions probably would be what is not... pretty much everything under the hood has been rewritten. You have to remember that what you see in EzC client and what is really there are 2 different things. I've tried to keep the visible part as clear as possible so usability would not suffer from all the boring calculations.

Here is the changelog from EzC3 -> EzC4 (hopefully I didn't forget anything major .)

- Very limited backspin chart was totally removed and replaced with adjustable spin settings = top, back and side spin buttons.
- Added additional wind directions between each existing direction. This will fine tune the accuracy to the max.
- Due to changes in spin and wind calculations parts of the charts and settings were rewritten.
--> Charting is now easier and there is much less of it to obtain all previous functionality (and about same if you include the new toys).
--> There is new setting for tuning spins effect to side correction.
--> Landing angles now contain their own bending values for above and below the "ground" level. Makes configuration much easier as you can tune them separately.
--> Spin related settings were added to bounce correction settings.
- Added shot log feature, which allows player to easily store notes about shots to database which can then be examined and used to correct problems.
--> Shotlog will be exported and imported with the related clubs so you may even change some clubs in the fly and always keep the data current.
--> Shotlog database can be sorted with various keys to find the repeated problems from almost any aspect.
--> Any logged entry from Shotlog can be restored to "EzC sheet current shot" by press of a button to help settings management and tuning.
- Added some new course slots to course notes.
- Increased max allowed range of elevation correction.
- Updated help entries to match current changes.
- Updated export/import feature to ezc4 standard and added support to shotlog.

Old homepage of this project has gone down and is no longer available.

Latest version is 4.0432 and you can download it from mega server using this link:
https://mega.nz/#!w8M33IKR!hlT8XJQpX6j3SxHq4J2M2ZoCPZQshQblsR1eBcYuxYo
Size: 741413 bytes
CRC64: A0595B5C87B8ABD5

...and because you won by spamming my email:
This packet now includes basic settings file which is very general, but good starting point for your own tweaking.
It will add default functionality to EzC so that it matches with "other" calculators out there. It also sets things needed for basic lie, elevation, green bounce, rough and sand calculations. Import the included settings file by following the instructions below.

Settings import HOWTO:
- Go to "file"-sheet.
- Click "select settings".
- Add "general settings" to selection.
- Click "import selected entries from configuration file".

SOURCE CODE of the product was opened 30th of july 2018. Be aware that some versions with malware may appear. Download link above is the only one I can guarantee to be clean. If someone offers you other version or other download location, make sure you trust the person who is offering them.

Have fun and please send all bugreports, comments and wishes to sakari.aura at gmail.com

(and even I already mentioned that I don't send/sell/give/hand out/donate any fully configured settings files - I say it again. Do not request them. Only settings file you will get from me is the one which is now included in .zip packet. It is good starting point.)

-----

known bugs in this build (so far):

- None

-----

expected release date of next build

- At end of summer 2018 I came to conclusion that I won't be having more time for this project, so 4.0432 was my final official build.
- However at same time I decided that time to unlock the source has arrived.

----

source code?

- Yes you can have it now. Below I will provide you with the passwords you can use to unlock sheets and the script. However there will be some terms which you have to follow;
1. If all usage is only your "personal use" you may do whatever you want.
2. If you plan to distribute your modified source (or product) to people, you must;
- Clearly indicate that this version of EzCaddy (or whatever you call it) is based on EzCaddy Pro v4.0432.
- Clearly make user aware that he is not downloading/running EzCaddy Pro v4.0432
- Both things have to be made on platforms where you distribute the product and on product itself.
3. If you plan to distribute your modified source (or product) to people, you may not;
- Take money from it or from services around it.
- Use my name or email on your product unless they are clearly linked to the original EzCaddy Pro v4.0432 (and not to your modified product).

By using these passcodes to unlock the sheets and the script, you will agree to terms above.
- code to unlock sheet(s): "u8r83jkjkdsamvnmdnj38014ak"
- code to unlock script: "fdsjk388acll3qfamna"

Have fun :)

Attachments:
helpPictureIndexed.jpg
helpPictureIndexed.jpg [ 134.11 KiB | Viewed 3659 times ]

Last edited by Noblehawk on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 55 times in total.

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.00b4 (public devbuild) is out
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:48 am 

Thank you very much for sharing this project.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:54 am 

hi noble... say i got the new 4.0... i logged the yards in the chart tab... where were suppose to, switch to the EZCaddy tab, and nothing shows up for yards... anything different we have to do with this version ??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:11 am 

schmack88 wrote:
hi noble... say i got the new 4.0... i logged the yards in the chart tab... where were suppose to, switch to the EZCaddy tab, and nothing shows up for yards... anything different we have to do with this version ??

That isn't normal behavior. Even without imputing any settings to settings sheet, the chart should instantly be visible in ezcaddy main sheet after you have filled the chart slots. I tested the version what is in that .rar packet and it works just like intended what comes to that.

Could you save your changes and send me that edited version in email. Also include information about the excel version you're using and I try to figure it out. My email is sakari.aura at gmail.com

Related to that I remember some really weird problems during ezc3 launch too. Some excel versions were thinking commas as dots or vice versa and that caused all sorts of funny stuff to happen. Thankfully that was fixable from excel settings. This could be some similar thing again, but let's see what we can find out.... at least this should not be happening :)

edit: yea this was the old good commadot separator issue again. General rule is that worksheets tend to break when they swim over the Atlantic but this is also easy to fix locally :) Will add some instructions to next releases faq and post them here as soon as schmack88 confirms that the solution we tried works as intended :)

edit2: solution working as intended and here goes

Q: Typing any numerical values to cells causes EzC formulas to break and cells get filled with #### characters. What is wrong?
A: This is localization issue and is caused by decimal separator conflict. Go to excel options, advanced and uncheck the setting
called "Use system separators". After that find box which says "decimal separator" and type "," (comma character) to it.
Then click "ok" to accept the settings and your problem should be gone.

There is also more detailed information and some additional tips and tricks related to this inside EzCaddy's internal help sheet under frequently asked questions.

Last edited by Noblehawk on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:37 am 

i emailed you.... the one that i did... the yards are showing in the charting section, but when i switch the EZ Caddy tab, nothing is showing up, just the ####'s... no yards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 am 

Hmm... did some testing in new driving range today with those sub zero temperatures and implemented the support for current internal build. It remains to be seen did I get it right on 1st go, but it seemed to be rather linear approach after I figured out where the twist was.

EzC wind correction already supports those high (8m/s) winds and I'm not going to mess with that. However it is good to keep in mind that the chart doesn't tell you how much lift your club gives to the ball. For this reason you might find out that in some extreme conditions with certain clubs it is possible that the ball trajectory and ground meet long before the actual momentum runs out. This is obviously also very much related to used skill points and and club sets. Chart itself works as long the ball stays above ground level :) Few minutes of driving range time will explain this better than any more words.

Anyways will try to release the next build with this and some other stuff before end of this month.

Meanwhile - keep the bug reports coming.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:32 pm 

OK, i am not too computer savvy. I download program and it wants to open in Windows Media. How do i open in excel?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:19 am 

evenpar61 wrote:
OK, i am not too computer savvy. I download program and it wants to open in Windows Media. How do i open in excel?

Perhaps you don't have program in your computer which can extract .rar packages. You can get free one from http://www.7-zip.org/ or use some similar which does the same task. That .rar packet contains the actual worksheet + couple text files in it.

I probably pack the next release with .zip again as it is more widely supported "by default". Should get that done next monday as I spent lot of time implementing the missing shot log restore feature last friday and got it close to completion already.

Hopefully this information helps you with the problem.

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.00rc1 (final candidate) is out
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:02 am 

As promised the RC1 build is out. This is final candidate.

Changes in version 4.00rc1 (final candidate 1)
- Implemented shotlog's item restoration function.
- Fixed outdated images and various other entries from help page.
- Fixed major bug in elevation correction which caused entire worksheet to fail if user inputted anything above/below 40 to altitude box.
- Fixed bug where editing active course note made it disappear entirely and you had to retype entire thing from scratch.
- Extra course slots were supposed to be in last build. However they weren't there. This build corrects the issue and has 40 slots instead of 20.
- Fixed a bug where during import some informative data was not imported. Also the calculated "processed vs imported"-values did not match.
- Optimized the actions which take place while reset buttons are used - should be much smoother and faster now.
- Implemented support for sub zero temperatures.

Have fun :)

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.01 is out
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:41 am 

Changes in version 4.01
- Fixed a bug fith landing angles where selected top/bottom spin had no effect to settings even when value in there was correctly set.
- Improved lie correction calculatios for irons and woods while using less than 100% power.

Out now - DL link here

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.02 is out
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:28 am 

Changes in version 4.02
- Implemented spin support also for optional extra low power (20-45%) SW green bounce correction. Check the 3 new setting cells which are now available.
- Removed some GB formulas which caused GB to fail while shot was taken from sand/rough and spin was enabled.

Direct download link to http://www.kolumbus.fi/sakari.aura/bin/EzCaddy_Pro_402.zip

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:45 am 

I enabled macros and I am using excel 2010, when i click on start ezcaddy professional nothing happens. What am I missing?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:41 am 

BARRAB wrote:
I enabled macros and I am using excel 2010, when i click on start ezcaddy professional nothing happens. What am I missing?

It's a (most likely Shot-Online nProtect) bug which prevents excel from recording on_mouse_click events if excel and initial worksheet are started after Shot-Online client is already running.

Workaround for this is to start excel and launch EzCaddy before starting Shot-Online client. After this u can save and relaunch the worksheet normally even Shot-Online client is running.

Unfortunately this is something I can't really fix. Just got to live with it :)

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.03 is out
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:12 am 

Changes in version 4.03
- Elevation correction changes:
--> New much more aggressive wind formula for elevation correction.
--> Landing angle spin correction was changed so, that only sidespin will reduce the amount of distance gained/lost
by elevation changes. Old landing angle top/bottom spin modifiers are now side spin modifiers. Change the settings accordingly if needed. Good default value for this new setting is most likely somewhere near skill/100'ish, but you get it really only by trial and error as usual .)
--> Top and bottom spin no longer change the elevation angles when shooting from level ground. However they still alter them when shooting from slope. This formula was greatly improved during the change. From now on top/bottom spin variable is calculated from launch angle spin modifier.
- Some minor help sheet/note changes.

Direct download link to http://www.kolumbus.fi/sakari.aura/bin/EzCaddy_Pro_403.zip

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.03 is out
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:20 pm 

I am completely lost as to how I figure out launch angle, landing angle, bounce correction and rough correction.

Can you give any insight on step by step instructions on exactly what to do to figure out what numbers need to be inserted in the program?

Maybe even a youtube video showing how to figure out these angle and correction settings?

I have everything else done except these last settings.