Community - Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.03 is out
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:42 am 

fxrsmoove7 wrote:
I am completely lost as to how I figure out launch angle, landing angle, bounce correction and rough correction.

Can you give any insight on step by step instructions on exactly what to do to figure out what numbers need to be inserted in the program?

Maybe even a youtube video showing how to figure out these angle and correction settings?

I have everything else done except these last settings.

Launch angles (club loft) you can figure out best by whacking the ball for example from bunker edge or other uphill lie in practice field and adjusting the values so that distances match. It is best to try from couple positions to avoid any misjudgements on terrain lie which you obviously need to figure out every time in real field too.

Most landing angles you can get from cads or other course with huge elevation changes. Adjust the values so that distances match to what the ring is showing for the club you're trying to adjust and for the selected drop/hill*. Obviously you need to know the distance to area where the ring is. Cads has few real good holes to figure these out. Obviously if you're not too picky can always go with easy mode and set 45 degrees to all of them with 0 bend which will give you 1 yard gain/loss for every 1y elevation change. This will not be accurate but it's the basic way many people calculate it in their heads anyways.

*) As side note there seems to be small typing error in v4.03 elevation formula still which adjusts elevation gain/loss to wrong direction _if and only if_ ball is shot from downhill lie. However this is not obviously condition where you would be setting/getting any settings values. Always do that either from tee or from flat fairway.

Bounce correction you can set in prac field or any course with relatively flat greens. It basically should tell you the distance gain/loss what happens when ball lands to flat green instead of flat fairway and with various spins in various wind conditions. What happens when green is not flat or when there is elevation differences is up to the user to figure out but the basic data will obviously help in that task. This feature is also one which can be configured totally or then just for the basics. Like you don't have to do any wind corrections if you are happy with only the general values.

Setting any of these 3 groups is totally optional and can be ignored if you like. However without 1st one lie correction will not work. Without 2nd one elevation correction will not work. With 2nd but without 1st elevation correction will work but not from down/uphill slope. Without 3rd there is no bounce correction.

All in all you can configure anything you want or then not. I know many people who use EzC only for chipping with default wind correction. Basically they chart all sw-9i slots + top/bottom spin slots at max power for them. add launch angles for same clubs and be done with it. Then there are those who want the full setup and it takes time. Full charting for entire club set with winds and spins take about 2 hours with single shots. Initial setting management will take days if not weeks to complete unless you have something to work with from the past. I've tried to keep everything as optional as possible to give users freedom to decide how much time and effort they want to spend.

EzC4 contains also the shot log feature which can be efficiently used to fix/get setting values by playing the game and collecting data. These entries can be brought back to "active shot" later and settings can be fixed so that they match the actual distance what the ball traveled. This way everything comes together rather efficiently and reliably. Obviously some shots and weathers are better for reliable data than others and user has to make the choice what data he wants to keep.

edit:

You mentioned also rough correction... In game (while in rough) you see some numbers under the ball which will give you some idea what to put there. Unfortunately EzC 4.03 doesn't contain feature to adjust these values for different kind of roughs yet. I've been planning to add such feature in some point, but at the moment will not make any promises when/if that will happen. In other words these values are for normal rough only. The reason these values can also be adjusted not to be same for different power levels are related clubs actual distances with various power levels and to various bounce/roll behaviors. However it is good to keep in mind the lower stamina your character has, more random these shots will always be. You can only try and set the best average you can find, but in the end the shot will rarely end up just like the chart shows. This same stuff applies to sand correction.

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.03f is out
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:45 pm 

Changes in version 4.03f
- Fixed a bug in section of elevation correction formula which caused elevation gain/loss to be adjusted to wrong direction when shot was taken from downhill slope.
- Some visual changes.

Out now - DL link here

This will be my last release for now and contain all the final shot distance calculation formulas also for elevation. They are as accurate as it was humanly possible to generate without holding the user in driving range any longer than it is already required.

I try to aim for perfection, but am very aware that certain kind of shots still may be bit off specially if shooting from dh/uphill slope (the point where calculation really turns few steps harder). However as EzC always makes the calculations same way, I expect that user will learn to live with them.

Some other stuff I want to list here what is (and has been) by the design so do not expect any miracles:

- Green bounce always shows values for level green at 0 elevation by design. Any variation in green slope / elevation has to be compensated by user. In other words green bounce is only a suggestion what gives user the general idea how ball would behave in perfect conditions - not any absolute value. This is why you can toggle it on and off repeatedly while you play.
- Any wind over 4m/s starts to play little differently than what EzC was charted for. For this reason for example 6m/s headwind will nuke the distance bit more than EzC suggests. This is by the design and user is again free to compensate if he sees the need for it.
- Certain winds push the ball further (specially with certain spins) than others and it may be sometimes hard to figure the correct box to type the wind in. This is also by the design and user will have to figure it out. Wind is not random though.
- Certain clubs have some minor issues with dh/uphill slope correction on certain power levels. This is by the design and is at very acceptable level compared to the benefits of the feature. More accurate approach would require more charting and that is something I don't want to add anymore.
- Certain low side spin amounts may travel little further than EzC suggests. This is by the design and user has to compensate. Fixing this would require more setting entries and/or more charting and those are something I will not add anymore. Again it is good to keep in mind that EzC calculates everything at same way every time --> shoot 5y less if you know what is going to happen .)

All in all I am very happy with the thing now. Whacked all 5 grads tests with it on saturday night and passed every single one on 1st go without avatar or any state of the art stat clothes... Just as friendly hint for those who still may link EzC project to Alfheim and noob tournaments like I've been hearing sometimes .)

Anyways as always - have fun either with the charts or with your own way to roll :) Just have fun :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:19 pm 

Thank you for all your help, another concern I have is that sometimes I load the program and click Start EzCaddy Professional and nothing happens. Other times it loads right up. Thought you might want to know.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:53 am 

fxrsmoove7 wrote:
Thank you for all your help, another concern I have is that sometimes I load the program and click Start EzCaddy Professional and nothing happens. Other times it loads right up. Thought you might want to know.

No problem... and yes this is the issue I mentioned earlier in this thread and which appears only if you launch shot-online client before loading the worksheet. After this you can save/reload freely and bug doesn't reappear unless you close excel.

What I didn't mention in previous post is, that if you save the worksheet in state where it refuses to start because of the above reason, it will nuke several parts of the project and render at least the spin ball buttons useless. If this ever happens by accident just export the settings from ruined copy and import them to fresh copy.

The summary of above --> start excel first :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:40 am 

new issue with EZC4... i type in the yards when charting... and i select
temp...rough....wind.... and the yards do not change.... no matter what
they stay the same.... any ideas? I do have macros enabled... using MO7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:55 pm 

If someone is using this successfully would you be will to share your inputs?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 am 

Any chance this will work with Open Office rather than MS Office? It seems to load ok but even when I enable Macros it doesn't want to start up. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not compatible?

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.04 is out
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:43 pm 

EzC got updated to version 4.04 - download link is updated to 1st post of this thread.

Changes in version 4.04
- Improvements to sidespin formulas when shooting with lower than full power.
- Some visual changes.

also if u get "Excel found unreadable content in "___.xlsm". Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?"-error here is why and link to solution: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/offi ... f8c?auth=1

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:09 am 

Harre wrote:
Any chance this will work with Open Office rather than MS Office? It seems to load ok but even when I enable Macros it doesn't want to start up. Am I doing something wrong or is it just not compatible?

EzC does not work with open office. EzC contains way too much VBA and other scripting for open office to handle it.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:13 am 

schmack88 wrote:
new issue with EZC4... i type in the yards when charting... and i select
temp...rough....wind.... and the yards do not change.... no matter what
they stay the same.... any ideas? I do have macros enabled... using MO7

You have to write/import settings to settings sheet or there is nothing to calculate. EzC comes with settings sheet cleared by default.

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.041 is out
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:57 pm 

I did some testing on Saint Bay course and noticed issue on data validation limitations.
Here is quick fix to that.

Changes in version 4.041
- Settings sheet: Allow negative value in landing angle bending (for +bending only)
--> This should fix the issues with high platforms when shooting with some irons/wedges.

You can download this version from mega server using this link:
https://mega.nz/#!98likCjD!HrPqw1HAMPWPPPJPZmLo08DRbib9Ixv4KeeBV9cDj2g

....also if your version has issues with shot logger - download new copy from above.

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.041 is out
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:12 pm 

Changes in version 4.043
- Fixed issue with shot log feature
--> script error which appeared with 4.04
- Fixed bug with top-/backspin and elevation correction while shooting from uphill lie.
--> In certain lie range top-/back spin landing angles adjustment didn't work properly when lie was > than zero and spin was applied.
- Some updates to help files.

Latest version is 4.043 and you can download it from mega server using this link:
https://mega.nz/#!lxsXhJyS!d-9CFUQ4kCrrMPLFMUwK_AP79GyoQT_M1ms1tu3uK5s

Known issues (in earlier versions too):
Lie formula needs to be rewritten somehow as current calculation is too linear for high skill shots. If someone has good ideas about it, please contact me in the game, send email or leave message here. I've been testing quite alot on my own too and it seems to be rather difficult to replicate ball trajectories so, that lie adjustment would work with all the power levels properly. I am trying to look for solution which would not need additional settings, but rather be good enough average for lets say... shots with 20-70% power and shots for power levels above that for all the clubs ofc... It seems that the tipping point is close to 70% power.

For those interested base of current lie formula is following (for SW):
=COS(Settings!B$23*3,1416/180)/COS((Settings!B$23+EzCaddy!$Q$28)*3,1416/180)

Test version will come up when I (or we) can figure best way to proceed.

edit:
Meanwhile I have to say that after fixing those last issues with elevation correction, there has not been any unexpected behavior in calculations. Everything seems to work like charm. so happy golfing to you all :)

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.043 is out
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:24 pm 

SOURCE CODE of the product was opened 30th of july 2018. Be aware that some versions with malware may appear. Download link on 1st post of this topic is the only one I can guarantee to be clean. If someone offers you other version or other download location, make sure you trust the person who is offering them to you.

Details howto unlock the source can be found from same place than the downloads.

Have fun people :shock:

Last edited by Noblehawk on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.043 is out - source unlocked
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:17 am 

I tried to download it but it simply says 'Page cannot be displayed' so have no way of knowing how/if it will work

Post subject: Re: EzCaddy Pro v4.043 is out - source unlocked
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:20 pm 

LarryJay wrote:
I tried to download it but it simply says 'Page cannot be displayed' so have no way of knowing how/if it will work

At least the download link seems to be working fine.

Not sure what issue you are experiencing, but if you are able to download, then you need at least some tool to unzip the downloaded file (like 7zip from https://www.7-zip.org/) and Microsoft Excel to run the actual worksheet/program. The latest version of excel I am certain that this works in is Excel 2007, but most likely will work on newer ones too as long you have all the necessary addons.

Also this does not work on open office - has to be executed on excel. Most excel versions have macros disabled by default (for security reasons) and you have to give this thingy permission to run those macros or it will not go anywhere from startup sheet. My versions are clean and do not contain any suspicious code. Paranoid people can check it by themselves now as the source can be revealed. However as I said in previous post - any versions which may come in future may also contain almost any malware you can think of. Run with care.

I think that this thread and the faq which is included in .zip packet will answer to most other common questions you might still have. Just read em thru.

It might be that in some point some kind person ports this to version which doesn't require Excel nomore, but that is not up from me. Source is out now and those who are skilled enough to understand it will or will not develop it further. One will need quite a bit of excel knowledge to even understand how this thing is put together and even more patience to understand formulas like these "=(IF($A386<0;90/(IF(AND(((Settings!H$38+IF(EzCaddy!$Q$28>0;EzCaddy!$Q$28+((Settings!H$23-Settings!H$20)*$S$255)))-$A386*Settings!H$36)<=90;((Settings!H$38+IF(EzCaddy!$Q$28>0;EzCaddy!$Q$28+((Settings!H$23-Settings!H$20)*$S$255)))-$A386*Settings!H$36)>=1);(Settings!H$38+IF(EzCaddy!$Q$28>0;EzCaddy!$Q$28+((Settings!H$23-Settings!H$20)*$S$255)))-$A386*Settings!H$36;IF(((Settings!H$38+IF(EzCaddy!$Q$28>0;EzCaddy!$Q$28+((Settings!H$23-Settings!H$20)*$S$255)))-$A386*Settings!H$36)<1;1;90)))-1;0))/IF(EzCaddy!$Q$28<0;H$20;1)+H385", so that may not happen at all. I rather expect that people will build their own things and maybe use (and improve) some of my formulas in the process to save some time. That is totally ok and probably much easier to execute also. If this thingy can serve as educational excel thingy to even one person in the future, my goal for unlocking the source has been reached. Obviously if someone wants to keep improving this as EzCaddy Pro, I don't mind either. Just read the terms I left to 1st post.