Community - Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comprehensive Club Comparison Guide
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:21 pm 

Slavic wrote:
so with all that being said and looking at the lvl 59 aeolos woods not driver, im assuming the 59 woods are better than the pathos i currantly are using due to distance and impact over power, and sense i want to go for the lvl 59s when i get to that lvl becuase of the forgivness and distance + accuracy would it be a better choice to pick the lvl 59 woods over pathos antiques? or is there a better choice that i can get similar results. To point out one thing i dont have alot of NGs at the moment so im trying to look at things i can afford.

And with all that being said would picking the lvl 51 woods be better than pathos?

Yeah, the level 51 woods are far superior to the antique, as is the level 59 woods. Even with the stamina requirement, the level 59 woods will likely go farther than the antiques.

The general consensus is to keep stamina at the minimum amount and play level 51 clubs if you can't afford the high end stuff.

~ Comprehensive Club Comparison Guide
~ Comprehensive List of Stat Clothes
~ In Depth Stat Guide
~ My Shot Online Goals

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:29 pm 

ty this is all extreamly helpful for me. Its always nice to have people like you guys in here to help the less knowing lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 pm 

Now i have a question on wedges,

Im currently using cyber bought peacocks and have noticed some people using the aeolos wedges, (pw and Aw) some are using bifrost wedges or werdandys. I know the werds are slowest bar in the bunkers and peacocks are consistant on distance but is it normal for Pw and Aw to be different? say i used the lime || according to my lvl?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:43 am 

Slavic wrote:
Now i have a question on wedges,

Im currently using cyber bought peacocks and have noticed some people using the aeolos wedges, (pw and Aw) some are using bifrost wedges or werdandys. I know the werds are slowest bar in the bunkers and peacocks are consistant on distance but is it normal for Pw and Aw to be different? say i used the lime || according to my lvl?

It is not that uncommon really, several people use Tempest or Hurricane PW and AW and use a Werd SW or something similar. I personally believe that a SW should be a short hitting club, since it is the club chipped with most often, like an Urd, Werd, or Lakysis. It really doesn't matter much what your PW and AW are, the distance difference between wedges isn't that big of a difference.

~ In Depth Stat Guide
~ My Shot Online Goals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:57 pm 

There are letters after some clubs. I know "R" means repairable. "S" appears to be only an limited shot club. I was wondering if you knew what "H" means? Someone told me high.... if this is true does that mean the loft is higher?? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:43 pm 

jrbrooks24 wrote:
There are letters after some clubs. I know "R" means repairable. "S" appears to be only an limited shot club. I was wondering if you knew what "H" means? Someone told me high.... if this is true does that mean the loft is higher?? Thanks!

No effect on loft, or any difference at all. It merely stands for durability. H = High durability, M = Mid durability, L = Low durability.

~ In Depth Stat Guide
~ My Shot Online Goals

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:28 pm 

What's Better for Woods ...

Tornado +10 Skill
Hurricane +13 Skill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:45 pm 

Thank you for answering my earlier message, you gave me lots of good responding information..Now I seem to have a few more questions,hope you can help me. I have been saving my n/g for a long time, in hopes of getting my final clubs, for a while.

When you did this study, do all the different characters perform the same with the same club, or is there a best club for each character? ie; Tornando Woods - may be BEST for bleze; but for Wotan HURRICANE may be the best and so on to each character..

Tempest has 8 fitting slots/ total out to 16; Hurricane has 8 fitting slots/ total out to 16; Tornado has 5 fitting slots/ total out to 10 slots; Hybird has 5 fitting slots/ total out to 10 slots. Question: if I fitted a driver of each to its max slots on lets say all skill.. Will the Tornado still out hit all the others????

You made mention of the CTL fairway woods hitting longer,( I assume from the fairway)than the others. My question is does that also apply to hitting the fairway woods from the tee?? ie; will a 5 wood CTL out distance a 5 wood Tornado??? and the same question for the 3 woods?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:35 pm 

do all the different characters perform the same with the same club, or is there a best club for each character?

Same for all characters. Performance (e.g., distance) comes only from stats; not from your level or your character.

Will the Tornado still out hit all the others?

Not sure what you are referring to here with "Tornado outhitting others", since that isn't true, but, here is your answer:

If club X outhits club Y with no fittings, the same will hold true with any set of identical fittings. For example: if club X outhits club Y by 3 yards on average, then adding 8 skill to each will still result in it outhitting club Y, probably by something very close to 3 yards.

My question is does that also apply to hitting the fairway woods from the tee?

What holds true on the fairway holds true on the tee. The tee typically reads "98%~100% Tee" and the same for fairway at "98%-100% Fairway".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:09 am 

RustyIron wrote:
Tempest has 8 fitting slots/ total out to 16; Hurricane has 8 fitting slots/ total out to 16; Tornado has 5 fitting slots/ total out to 10 slots; Hybird has 5 fitting slots/ total out to 10 slots. Question: if I fitted a driver of each to its max slots on lets say all skill.. Will the Tornado still out hit all the others????

If I read this correctly, you are asking if (for example) a fully fitted Hurricane with 13 skill will outhit a fully fitted Nado with 10 skill. This is totally dependent on your current stat setup, but I believe they will be almost identical. Pick your club based on your preference for accuracy (hurri), bar speed (temp) or distance (nado).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:36 am 

Let us start at the base of things...

All these irons hit the same distance with no fittings -- Hurricane, Tempest, Tornado

Therefore, as regards fittings, the one that will hit the farthest is the one that has the most distance fittings on it. To use your example, a +13 fitted Hurricane would outhit a +10 fitted Tornado.

Link to background info on club test:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=54899

ps: 2009, 2010, G series, whatever -- This is not relevant. These act the same as a normal version of the club with some default (pre-fitted) fittings.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:18 pm 

:P Thank you both for your answering my 3 questions. Very hepful information......

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:01 am 

Where do you get the CTL Legacy clubs?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:44 pm 

They come from boxes, like 'Platinum Box Clubs'. They may be in other boxes, you just have to read announcements.

Of course, your chances of getting a set if you spend $50 for boxes is somewhere in the range of 0%.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:09 pm 

Nicely done
Thanks a lot

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next