Community - Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Questions regarding fittings on wedges
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:48 am 

I have a couple issues here so this may get a little ling. First of all I have a wide distance gap between my 9I and PW. My 9I goes approx 250 yards where my PW only goes about 160 yards. That is a 90 yard difference. That in itself isn't a huge issue because for shorter par 3's I will generelly put TS on the PW to get the added distance (and reduces BS)but it would be nice to get a little more length from the get go.

My AW and SW are used primarily for shorter chips when closer to the green (SW under say 50-60 yards, AW under about 100 yards). Occasionally these chips are from rough, hard rough, or sand and often those are with some pretty funky lies.

I've read that higher stamina will increase the consistency of your shots from rough and sand by reducing the percentage of error and it is known that higher impact will be more forgiving of shots that miss zero so I was thinking that fitting my wedges as follows would be helpful???

PW 5 impact, 5 Skill - the skill would get me a few extra yards and the impact would increase my accuracy

SW and AW full 10 fittings on stamina - since these clubs are used mainly for chipping my thinkins is that if I start with a base stamina of say 15 add 10 stamina to the club then take a stamina drink my stamina would be at 31 or so for those 40-50-60 yard chips from sand and hard rough to increase the likelyhood of getting the ball closer to pin???

I'm a level 111 on Hollid and have only been at this for about 4-5 months so I'm just learning. Does any of this make any sense or should I fit these clubs differently or not at all.

All my clubs are pretty decent Frost, Zeus, Hestia clubs.

Thanks,
Duffer_Dave

Post subject: Re: Questions regarding fittings on wedges
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:32 pm 

For myself on wedges, impact only.

Vallar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:33 pm 

1st suggestion: follow A_in_Ns GameTip and tricks topic!there is a few great info about wedges and of course other suggestions too like Club comparison guide!
my opinion for you:try get a more powerfull PW to decrease gap between pw and irons! Blast is a great choice but in this case best if you change your aw too otherwise the gap will appear between pw/aw..
i use Blast PW/AW and Skulld SW (Hybrid irons until cant get a blast)
fittings: i would say best is stamina fittins on SW because impact can affect your distance too!
isnt too important from where you get stats..so i think on wedges any fittings except stamina will not give you significant different on your accuracy (especially not for short range like 5-50y shots)but if you have a few impact you can "waste" them on pw/aw.
As you "only" lvl111 probably cant "wase" yet your overall stats to impact but on higher lvls i would say around 80-90 impact very usefull! my impact now around 60with irons but if miss zero by 1 pixel ill get like 7y miss from my aim..already tested 100 impact then i got only 2-3y different.. but of course too much cut on distance if you use less skill/power for higher impact stats..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:02 pm 

Speaking about overall stats, I do not think it is wise to run overall Impact above 60, as distance is so important in many situations.

For the wedges, you could fit them with either stamina or impact... both are good. If you are already running high Impact (like 55-60), then fitting them with stamina is OK.

I do like the idea of fitting the PW with power though, to close the gap a bit between the PW and the 9i.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:38 pm 

Thanks for all the helpful tips guys.