Community - Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Titan (Zeus, Hestia) clubs tested - results
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:05 pm 

Titan, Zeus, Hestia

In the following day or two I will post the detailed results. For now, here is a short summary of the tests.

All test done in range at 25° using full side spin (5x Shift-<RtArrow>). Distances are the average of 4 perfect hits, using the same pixel for 100% and 0%. Only these perfect hits at the same pixels were counted.

The irons are not very good from what I can tell. They fly higher and, as a results, are too spin'ny.

All clubs tested were clean: no fittings and no reinforcement.

-----------------------
Update Zeus/Hestia and Bar Speed:

The Titan/Zeus/Hestia are clones with different swing bar speeds. They all go "close" to the same distance and have the same lofts. The Zeus swing bar is faster than the Titan and the Hestia swing bar is very slightly slower than the Titan.

Attachments:
TitanSummary.png
TitanSummary.png [ 18.23 KiB | Viewed 10518 times ]

Post subject: Re: Titan clubs tested - results
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:20 am 

Here are the more detailed results for the fairway woods:

Attachments:
Titan_frwayWoods.png
Titan_frwayWoods.png [ 19.11 KiB | Viewed 10478 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:05 pm 

Hi, Does anyone know the loft on the titan driver?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:28 pm 

It has -11 degrees loft, underground club :)

cyaburg

(correction: it is 10.5)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:38 am 

Thank you for all the great info Allan! I have full set of Titan and am enjoying them very much. I would like to add my opinion and see your thoughts on it. I have noticed that SW is very long and powerful. A little hard to control on distances and am wondering if you have any advise for such. As well as have noticed that the 9 Iron has mega Back spin on it with as simple as 1 or 2 dots and minimal grade firing back like a bullet from a gun. And ways to correct this either? Thanks again !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:24 pm 

The driver is 10.5°, not 11°.

As for the action of the irons (re: MasterBlaster question), not much you can do when faced with a short shot that requires the 9 iron, but you don't want mega back spin. The 9i is very lofted, so it is going to have more back spin.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:04 pm 

idk why they would make the newest set of irons less distance than clubs that came out many years ago....hmmm not many people really use the 3i....so just a 9i benefit basically

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:51 am 

After answering a few questions over the last weeks, it is time to bump this thread and remind everyone that, to the best of my testing ability, the Zeus clubs appear to be Titan clones.

Post subject: Re: Titan (Zeus) clubs tested - results
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:31 am 

In response to the many requests I am getting about the Hestia clubs: they appear t be clones of Zeus, and recall that Zeus were clones of Titan.

Post subject: Re: Titan (Zeus, Hestia) clubs tested - results
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:20 pm 

I'm not so sure the Hestia clubs are clones of Titan/Zeus. I just tested my Hestia driver (Advanced) fitted with +15 skill and at both 100% no spin and 105% full 9 spin it achieved distances virtually the same as my +15 skill 11 degree Typhoon. There was no clear advantage for the Hestia, which I find very disappointing. Still a nice club, but I expected an upgrade based on what I've read here.

I was also surprised (and disappointed) to find that the Hestia distances at +15 skill were not much longer (a couple of yards) than when I first tested with +3 skill. That's a lot of wasted fittings.

What am I missing?

lvl 112 GRP1
The K-Team
Vallar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:54 am 

I was also surprised (and disappointed) to find that the Hestia distances at +15 skill were not much longer (a couple of yards) than when I first tested with +3 skill. That's a lot of wasted fittings.

What am I missing?

Common sense? lol.....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:27 pm 

hodorhodor wrote:
I'm not so sure the Hestia clubs are clones of Titan/Zeus.

I just saw on the German server forum that our Zeus clubs are NOT the same as Hestia clubs.

Asekuru wrote:
Soll ich Dir einen Tipp geben?^^
Das was auf dem Global-Server als neue "Hestia-Serie" verkauft wird, haben wir schon lange in Form von "Zeus-Serie" auf unseren Servern. Es ist richtig, dass die Amis sehr wohl auch Zeus haben, allerdings mit den originalen Flugeigenschaften.
Das bedeutet, dass das, was es bei uns, für Euch, kostenlos gab (Änderungen am Loft), ist dort eine neue Schlägerserie.

Hoffe dass das verständlich erklärt war.

The Hestia clubs should have different lofts compared to Zeus clubs. There's no info about Hestia clubs here about lofts and I don't have Hestia clubs. So I can't check that info.

Maybe our Golf God Allan can enlighten us ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:04 pm 

But they are not different:

viewtopic.php?p=1824649

The loft and distance are the same. l could post a video of hitting Titan/Zeus/Hestia, 1w/3w/5w, but I don't have these clubs, so I can't do that.

The only difference I was able to detect was that the Titan series has the classic slow wood bar, which is the same speed as what you have for the 7,8,9 irons for most irons, whereas the Zeus/Hestia has a slightly faster bar, the same speed as what you have for the 5,6 irons.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:31 pm 

Well, strange that a German GM states that they are different than :?:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:23 am 

You will forgive me if I complain that this is getting a little tedious :)

I re-tested them yet again... they are essentially clones.

The basis of the test was the 3w. The Titan, Zeus, Hestia 3w clubs are all 14° loft.

The Zeus/Hestia come pre-fitted with +1 skill, so you would expect them to be .5-.8 yards longer due to this +1 skill.

The Zeus swing bars are a little faster than the Titan swing bars. The Hestia swing bars are a little slower than the Titan.

I tested all 3 clubs with the same stats.The in-range stats when hitting them were:

Titan 40 P, 55 I, 339 S
Zeus 40 P, 55 I, 340 S
Hestia 40 P, 55 I, 340 S

The range temperature was the same at 25°. The hits were all identical, both at the 100% pixel on the right, and the 0% pixel on the left. Any hits that did not hit the perfect pixels were rejected (not used). The average of 4 good hits was used. Full side was used for all shots, by using SHIFT-<RightArrow> 5 times.

The Zeus/Hestia 3w distance was 582. The Titan distance was about 0.7 yards less.

Testing requires patience and care, that you are using the same stats, the same hits, the same temperature, and the same spin. I have found that when people get odd results, it is because they were not very careful in the range. Just hitting a pixel or 2 off at the 100% area can vary the result by 2-5 yards. Also, you need to average 4 or 5 hits, since shots can vary by 2 yards just from the 98%-100% tee condition.