Community - Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: how to read putting courses
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:13 pm 

I do not olay regular golf so I have no idea how to read the course when putting I tried counting lines and moving for every 3 lines and a couple others seems nothing works. Can someone please give me some advise on how to read a course for putting. I cna do normal but my putting is horrible and know it is due to not knowing how to read course

Post subject: Re: how to read putting courses
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:52 am 

If this helps, try using a factor of the number of yards(e.g. a 12 yard putt can be 12,6,4,3,2 and 1) this has been my method for putting on here for almost 2 years. However you do still need to judge which amounts of clicks each putt will require by the speed of the lines and the course you are on.

Hope this helps

ProMode

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:33 pm 

Hi ellenb.
Knowing you character level would help. That said, I learned to putt by counting lines, and still do. Do you have a putting chart for distances? That is essential to learning.

The method I use is count the lines and if it is a flat green, use one click per line if the lines are moving at an average pace. If they are moving faster, I add a few clicks. For each +.1 of uphill I deduct 1 click if the putt is less than 10 yds. Add clicks the same for each -.1 of downhill.

On longer putts it just takes time to adjust the number of clicks by playing.

This is just a basic starting point, but should help.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:38 am 

ellenb wrote:
I do not olay regular golf so I have no idea how to read the course when putting I tried counting lines and moving for every 3 lines and a couple others seems nothing works. Can someone please give me some advise on how to read a course for putting. I cna do normal but my putting is horrible and know it is due to not knowing how to read course

3 lines one way and 3 lines another often = not moving at all.. not always though. Like someone else said you will have to take into consideration uphill/ downhill, speed of lines, ect.. if 3 of the lines are moving faster you may only have to move slightly. Not even a whole click.. just pull it slightly w/ you mouse.
Charts for distance, help of someone playing w/ you and watching to advise, and practice, practice, practice. I never played real golf either but been playing this game for 8 yrs.
I mean seriouslly... no one in real life drives a ball 700+yards. lol

starlight4619 lvl 147 NP3