Community - Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Mini-putting game: How it works
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:04 am 

Putters
To play you need "putters". Each putter allows try a hole once: 1 try = 1 putter use. You get putters by right-clicking "Putting Tickets".

Putting Tickets
You can get 1 (or 2 on weekends) each day from Ceridwen. Until October 14, you can also get a "Putting Ticket 2" by getting 10 birdies on any courses (except CTPP). You do not need to play full rounds. You just need to get a total of 10 birdies (i.e., play 9 holes, then play 3 holes and quit after hole 1).

As a result, the most tries you can have in one day is 3 (or 4 on weekends).

Flags
The result of playing is that you collect a number of "flags". If you take only 1 put on a hole, you get 3 flags. If you take 2 puts, you get 2 flags. When you reach 10, 20, or 30 flags, you can claim EXP boxes that give 1%, 2% or 3% of your level.

I think the system resets every week or two and you start over.

Attachments:
MiniAnimation.gif
MiniAnimation.gif [ 225.81 KiB | Viewed 4787 times ]

Post subject: Re: Mini-putting game: How it works
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:48 am 

Thank you so much for explaining this. It's a shame that SO can't do this from the start, but luckily we have people like you to help us.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:50 am 

(To Les:

Sorry to move out your post, but it was just a re-posting of the announcement. In that case, please just post a link.

In any case, the point of the thread was to simplify things because the announcement was a sorta confusing.

Hope you understand. Cheers, A)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:37 am 

To Allan,
No problem with removing the post bud ... can you clarify one thing tho please...
Can players quit a round and still gain the benefits once they have 10 birdies, coz the way I read it on rules, they cant.

Regards

Les

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:41 am 

It is as I posted... you can get your 10 birdies anyway you want. As soon as you get 10, you can go to square and use the putters you got.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 pm 

Very nice event but it would've been nice to earn more putting tickets a day with the birdie count because 3 or 4 putts a day goes by very fast.
HC -35

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:32 am 

The event was initially confusing to me because it said that the daily limit was 10, so my thinking was that people could do the 10 birdies quest over and over again until we fulfilled the daily limit of 10 tries. But of course, now I know that we can't get more than 3 tickets on weekdays and 4 on weekends.

I also hope that this flag error thing gets fixed soon. I had 9 flags right now and if I had gotten 10 by now, I would've exchanged them right away and would have been really disappointed of this error.

Other Toons: DocGooden16 (Level 102 MP 2nd Odelia), TheRoyalWay (Level 102 MP 3rd Odelia)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:30 am 

Hello Shot Online Community,

Starting after Maintenance on 9/29, we will be having a Putting Mini Game Event for users to try out this new feature!

Mini Game Event

Theme: Square
Daily Join Limit: 10

Please explain, what the daily join limit is ?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:04 am 

I presume that is the maximum number of holes you can try in 1 day. Let's say you right-clicked your putting tickets for many days in a row but did not use them.... you would build up your putter (hole try) count. The daily limit would restrict you from trying more than 10 holes per day.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:56 pm 

cha1580 wrote:
Very nice event but it would've been nice to earn more putting tickets a day with the birdie count because 3 or 4 putts a day goes by very fast.
HC -35

Yeah...

And it is annoying to see how in Spanish and German servers you can get 10 putters per day and here in International server just 2. Other reason more to understand why this server is going down and down...

DJDarko81

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:50 am 

Broken like so many other things... I cannot get putters from rounding no matter how many birdies I get.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:34 am 

The Hole Count part of it was stopped on Friday night. Here is the announcement that was posted at that time:
http://shotonline.gamescampus.com/news/ ... earchword=

WD3D wrote:
Broken like so many other things... I cannot get putters from rounding no matter how many birdies I get.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:08 pm 

A_In_NS wrote:
The Hole Count part of it was stopped on Friday night. Here is the announcement that was posted at that time:
http://shotonline.gamescampus.com/news/ ... earchword=

WD3D wrote:

I would like to take this opportunity and ask SO how was this exploited, nothing was posted how many times you were able to play and make the 10 birdies, so to accuse players of exploiting is totally out of order, everything your saying Allan is based on presumption and I think SO should make an apology for the accusation of players exploiting this feature.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:42 pm 

I really think theres some danm monkeys pushing buttons in their home office.

always gotta be a problem with everything they do lol.

Hc -35

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:48 am 

Why bother coming up with these 'special' events when they never work right or have hidden rules to make them function? Last couple of times I have rounded getting 10 birdies I never received the #2 ticket. Now, on a Saturday, I go to the toon to get the ticket and it tells me "wrong title" and only gives me the option to close the window. What gives?

It is no surprise to me that membership and player activity is down. Why does SHOT insist on making thing so complicated with their special events as well as all of the items that seem to come along? First rule of thumb people....... KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next