Community - Forum
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Cannot get Abel 14 dialed in....
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:11 pm 

Perhaps I can get some help here. I'm lvl 142 stats are 34/54/380 and for a long time now since well below 300 skill I've had the worst luck dialing in Abel 14. Many skill points ago I could full curve a 5i and with some adjustment for weather consistently get thru the 1st window in the roof and land on or pretty close to the green. Well obviously those days are long gone and I've had very poor luck trying different approaches. At first I kept trying 6i w/2 clicks of side and also trying 1 click of top. Even trying different % nothing worked as it would always hit the END of the 1st window and drop straight down for a long chip. Then, after hitting one too hard one day with a tail I realized there's a second window directly above the green. So...I started trying different ways to get into that 2nd window. Basically with 2 clicks of curve 6i and my circle just beyond the green behind the mammoth skull. I learned quickly that 2nd window is extremely tricky. If your aim is off, particularly too far right, it's going to roll off the roof. IF it bounces on the roof between the windows and into the 2nd window on the fly it can easily go long where you can have a tough rough shot, or stuck behind a tusk or worse long ob. I've only found 2 successful approaches and am VERY inconsistent being successful with them. If my aim is good, I can get the ball to barely roll into the 2nd window hence landing on the green. I've literally only pulled this off twice in dozens of tries. Very low %. The other is to get the ball to stop on the roof hence getting a free drop relatively close to the green. In short it's a hot mess for me at the moment. Any and all help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Sry for the long post.

P.S. a couple times in rain I've had a 2 click curve 5i make it through the first window and close to or on green. Perhaps in normal weather I should try backing off a 2 click 5i around 85% with my luck it wouldn't work lol just a thought

Post subject: Re: Cannot get Abel 14 dialed in....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:41 pm 

Hi Blu,

I´ve hit the same shot forever, probably since lvl 120´s..now 170, still same shot, just lower %.

5i with one dot 9 spin + 1 dot back spin ( old dots ). Maybe 95% pow for you, depending on irons etc.. then lower % as u get higher.. im at 68% now.

Good Luck.

jja1975 / Blacklist, Albatross Inc. guild.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:58 pm 

I use 6i full 9 spin then tab to see where it is going then back off spin till I can hit the skull between the eyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:37 am 

Hey Blue, i had very similar issue. I was away from the game for a long time after recently returning, ive always had a problem with this hole, until recently. Id like to show you the shot i make which is also with 6i, 9oclcok spin, but not full. And you drop through the side window, which for me is much better no obsticles in the way for your 2nd approach shot to the green. If you'd like to shoot some and get my tips in game id be happy to help just hit me up. 'ReapZz'

Laters.