Community - Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: In Depth Stat Guide
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:15 pm 

Given the number of stat questions on this forum, I thought it would be a good idea to post this here. I made this short write-up on a guild forum, but thought I should post it on this forum as well. Credit also goes to phil336 as well, since I sought his input for ideas/corrections before posting this. I may add to this at a later date, depending on what other questions people may have regarding stats.

This guide assumes your character is a Belz.

Level 1 Stats:
Power - 7
Impact - 5
Stamina - 6
Skill - 2

For beginners, the most important stat to add to is impact at first. In fact, I recommend getting impact to either 8 or 10 above power first before adding anything to power or skill. You never want to add to stamina, unless you want to use level 59 clubs (which are awesome for the price) but you can worry about that when you get to your 50s.

Level 21 Stats:
Power - 16
Impact - 26
Stamina - 6
Skill - 12

At level 21, around those stats should give you enough control to handle the harder courses. From this point, you need to mostly focus on adding to power and impact, 1 each per level. Occasionally add to skill, I recommend having skill around 20 to 25 MAX by the time you take your Semi Pro test, any more and you may get some awkward spin when playing Gladsheim.

Level 41 Stats:
Power - 29
Impact - 40
Stamina - 6
Skill - 25

These stats work great for the Semi Pro test, although they are not quite ideal for Cadeiger. In order to effectively play Cadeiger, you need your skill around 40 to 45 MAX in order to curve the ball around some obstacles and basically be comfortable all-round, such as hitting for the right fairway on hole 3 Cadeiger.

Level 51 Stats:
Power - 32
Impact - 42
Stamina - 6
Skill - 40

Once you get your skill to this comfortable level, I recommend putting your stats relatively evenly into power and impact for awhile, with the occasional addition to skill. Skill over 45, but under 100, does little for your distance and instead just adds extra curve. Power has a soft cap of sorts, if you will. Power over 60 does very little for distance, and point deterioration begins around 45-50. Impact over 65-70 does very little for accuracy as well from what I've gathered.

Level 76 Stats:
Power - 54
Impact - 65
Stamina - 6
Skill - 45 MAX

In Shot-Online, the key to hitting humongous drives is to get your skill over 100. For one reason or another, adding spin with your skill over 100 drastically increases your distance. For example, at level 102 with 175 skill, I hit driver with no spin in the 380-390 region. When full side spin is added, I can hit the ball in the neighborhood of 500 yards.

Going under 40 power actually causes a rather large drop in distance, so I don't recommend it unless you need to drop it slightly to make your 100 skill, which is normal for someone in the level 75-80 range. I also don't recommend going under 40 impact ever, unless you use Hurricanes, even then it is risky.

Level 80-85 High-Skill build:
Power - 35
Impact - 45
Stamina - 6
Skill - 101+

Around levels 80 to 85 you will have a comfortable number of points in order to get your skill over 100, and have decent impact and power stats. From this point on, it is usually recommended that you add every level up to skill, and to impact and power only when you see fit.

An ideal set-up for playing High-Skill (and something to aim for) as it gives great all-round performance is.....

Power - 40
Impact - 50
Stamina - 6
Skill - 101+ ( rest of your points here, more the merrier ok)

Special note, anyone who passes their Tour Pro test can use an item called Fedora A100 Plus, which is like a super Pedora, reseting all stats to 1. This is a great item to use to get rid of all your stamina. However, once you use a Fedora Plus, you cannot use a normal Pedora or Haoma I or II if any of your stats are under normal base values (read: stamina). Only Magicos and Fedora Plus will work.

Hope this can be of help to someone.

Karisten

~ Comprehensive Club Comparison Guide
~ Comprehensive List of Stat Clothes
~ In Depth Stat Guide
~ My Shot Online Goals

Post subject: Re: In Depth Stat Guide
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:10 am 

Nice guide, I always appreciate people taking their time to write posts like this.

However I would appreciate if you could further deepen your reasoning to why a non-high skill build should have "MAX 45" in skill.

I am away from the game atm so I cannot see my stats but I believe they are pow55 imp62 Ski54 or something like that atm. (lvl64)

For me the diifference between ski45 and ski54 is pretty significant:

* it allows you to make the 4i and almost even the 3i spin stop completly sideways even without having to rely on an upslope on the green if that would be necessary in some scenarios, although of course I try to avoid getting into a postition where this is the best option in the first place.

* You can hit your wedges with topspin much further

* You can hit clubs like 9i,8i and somewhat 7i longer with topspin without having to add the unpredictable sidespin.

* You can curve your shots more and yes there are a lot of holes where you really benefit from that aditional curve, not to mention you now can make shots that with 45 in skill you could only do if the weather was not counteracting it, just like for instance Cad3 like you mentioned, if you only have 45 in skill and wind is coming from the left, your error of margin is very slim, if you at all can make the island. There are numerous of similar examples like this. And btw I think there are far more holes than just on Cads a pretty high skill attribute is a huge advantage.

The only obvious advantage of having the skill remain at 45 would be to get those few extra yards with the 1w and a somewhat higher directional consistency by having a slightly higher impact. But I would not consider "the extra curve is just gonna be annoying" as an argument, since no-one is really forcing anyone to use much curve on all shots...

So yeah I guess it kind of depends, but I don't really think I would agree on the statement like "45 max".

Just hope we could have a healthy discussion on the topic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:58 am 

Many thanks for this Karisten. Linked from guild website with credits.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:15 am 

fulnegern wrote:
Nice guide, I always appreciate people taking their time to write posts like this.

However I would appreciate if you could further deepen your reasoning to why a non-high skill build should have "MAX 45" in skill.

I am away from the game atm so I cannot see my stats but I believe they are pow55 imp62 Ski54 or something like that atm. (lvl64)

For me the diifference between ski45 and ski54 is pretty significant:

* it allows you to make the 4i and almost even the 3i spin stop completly sideways even without having to rely on an upslope on the green if that would be necessary in some scenarios, although of course I try to avoid getting into a postition where this is the best option in the first place.

* You can hit your wedges with topspin much further

* You can hit clubs like 9i,8i and somewhat 7i longer with topspin without having to add the unpredictable sidespin.

* You can curve your shots more and yes there are a lot of holes where you really benefit from that aditional curve, not to mention you now can make shots that with 45 in skill you could only do if the weather was not counteracting it, just like for instance Cad3 like you mentioned, if you only have 45 in skill and wind is coming from the left, your error of margin is very slim, if you at all can make the island. There are numerous of similar examples like this. And btw I think there are far more holes than just on Cads a pretty high skill attribute is a huge advantage.

The only obvious advantage of having the skill remain at 45 would be to get those few extra yards with the 1w and a somewhat higher directional consistency by having a slightly higher impact. But I would not consider "the extra curve is just gonna be annoying" as an argument, since no-one is really forcing anyone to use much curve on all shots...

So yeah I guess it kind of depends, but I don't really think I would agree on the statement like "45 max".

Just hope we could have a healthy discussion on the topic.

Personally, I liked my skill at about 55 before I went to high skill, this is what I originally had there.
Quote:
These stats work great for the Semi Pro test, although they are not quite ideal for Cadeiger. In order to effectively play Cadeiger, you need you skill at minimum 30-35 in order to curve the ball around some obstacles, such as hitting for the right fairway on hole 3 Cadeiger.

That was an addition by phil, but I still think it is good advice for most people. Going over 45 adds little for distance, just extra curve mostly, but like you said, it has its uses. My next paragraph also has this statement.
Quote:
Skill over 45, but under 100, does little for your distance and instead just adds extra curve.

If you have anything you want to add Norsken, feel free to add to this thread. :mrgreen:

~ In Depth Stat Guide
~ My Shot Online Goals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:34 am 

fulnegern wrote:

Hi fulnegern,

I said a MAX of 45 as that is all you really need to be comfortable round Cadeiger, obviously personal preference will come into play, E.g: If a player wishes to be able to stop the ball using their 3i & 4i (like you said) then simply add some more to Skill where-as others don't like/need that much to play their way !!

This was only meant as a "Guide" for everyone not saying this is gospel and how you should have it, everyone has their own style of gameplay and approach on how to play each shot so obviously each set-up is open for tweaking to accomodate your own style and to get the performance you want but most won't be far off these settings !!

Stat set-up's are always an individual thing and always open for discussion, these set-ups will give you the best all-round performance as you progress and level your way to a High-Skill set-up !! 8-)

I hope this answers your question..........

!! Cya on the Field !!

!! Started SO beginning of 2004 & Still addicted today !! ;)

!! Lv.100 TP due to break /-24 !!

!! Don't Think....................................Just Do !!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:16 am 

Kari - I am level 75 and not able to do a comfortable skill build yet.

You mention that skill should be at 45 max for someone like my level. Until I can attain 101 skill, do I just keep adding to both impact and power until such time? Or keep adding to only impact?

Is the magic figure of 101 for skill based on people's experiences, or is there some strange formula that says skill at, say 60 or 70, is worthless?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:46 am 

12stafford wrote:

You mention that skill should be at 45 max for someone like my level. Until I can attain 101 skill, do I just keep adding to both impact and power until such time? Or keep adding to only impact?

Is the magic figure of 101 for skill based on people's experiences, or is there some strange formula that says skill at, say 60 or 70, is worthless?

It really depends on what your stats are currently, on what you should add too. If you are fine with how your stats play for now, adding 1 to power and impact is a safe option. Adding skill over 45 just adds curve mostly, which can be useful when bad weather strikes.

There isn't a formula for skill, and is instead based mostly on experience. I think the distance increase from skill is at about 91 for Irons IIRC, but for woods its at about 101. No stat point is useless, even stamina, but there are better places to put your points than to only 60-70 in skill.

~ In Depth Stat Guide
~ My Shot Online Goals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am 

12stafford wrote:

I have not reach further than lvl65 yet, but been making some small (no extreme) stat experiments for this "in-between" period that I would consider lvl60-77ish to be. After 50 in power you hardly get any extra distance from adding more power, neither with woods nor irons. For me it's not even 1 yard for each stat for my 1w! And since I am using Hurri Woods and Tempest Irons I feel that 60-65 in impact is more than enough. But still no doubt each point help, for both power, impact and even stamina.

However I have also tried out having my skill set at different level, and to me the difference between 45 and 54 in skill is HUGE.

With my normal set up of clothes and 3 normal zods my stats are:

Pw51
Imp62
Sta22
Ski54

This set-up DOES NOT give the maximum distance for 1w, true. However the difference in that max distance to say compared to having it at:

Pw61
Imp62
Sta22
Ski44

is only about 7-8 yards actually for the 1w, and for the irons it varies, you gain a yard or 3 extra for str8 shot, but lose yards for topspin shots and sidespin shots.

Anyway the biggest advantage having skill at 54 instead of 45 is that you can hit your wedges with topspin much further and in a very controlled manner which kind of expands the comfort zone from which distances you can feel more or less certain to get the shot inside a safe putting range. Sure now some might argue, well you could just have added more to power and hit your 1w those extra 8 yards instead anyway. Well that is true, however first of all on some holes, you cannot just blast your 1w 105%, often you gotta find some relatively flat spots and might even be OB/water/rough stopping you from smashing your 1w to the max (or some trees that 45 in skill couldn't get around). However the extra "wedge range" is something that can come in handy on more or less every hole, even par3s.

Also clubs like 8i/9i benefit greatly from this and as long as the impact stat is not ridiculously low, they still gonna land smoothly and then gently release forward a bit after second bounce even with full topspin.

Another great advantage is how you can shape your shots, the low irons can be hit really far and with a lot of sidespin enabling even 4i/3i to stop their forward momentum pretty efficient on a flat green, something that will be very difficult to do with only 45 in skill, where it rather often tends to just shift direction maybe 30-50 degree and then roll on quite a bit.

Finally you do of course get more "bending power" that at least I find very useful on more or less all courses actually. Also having a skill set so you barely can make certain shots comfortably in neutral weather seems very dangerous to me, since as soon as weather is counteracting the curve needed, you will very often get outside the comfort zones for certain shots, so having that extra bending power (that you hopefully doesn't need to use to often) can be nice so that some shots can be done even if weather is trying to counteract it.

This being said, I personally try and avoid using shots with lots of sidespins and normally rather use more club and let it roll forward longer instead in a more controlled manner. Why hit a full sidespin 5i when if you can hit a straight 5w and land it couple of yard short of green and roll up in a more predictable and reliable manner... ;) Not always this is possible though, true =)

A final advantage is that with 54 in skill you start to get the 6i and even 5i to bite much better even in conditions that would normally reduce that potential (tail-wind, green below you, downhill lie on green) etc.

I am not saying the way my stats are best for everyone, but I just wanted to try and explain how a build like this might actually be the right thing for some...?

Another probably very under-rated advantage of not keeping skill down at 40-45 all the way until going high skill, is that you get a taste for having higher skill and when u make the swap eventually it might only be from 70=>100 instead of 45=>100. Sure gonna be tricky anyway, but at least not a completely new ball game that will take months to get really comfortable with.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:53 pm 

What I found (if I'm repeating someone sorry, I really don't feel like reading your small novels :D) at that level (as well as what I was told by Dark =P) was by 60 power you're getting almost no distance gain from extra power.

When I was in the 60-70s I found the best stats I used was around 56p-62i and the rest into skill. Not only did it help on Hela/Forn to make TP test easy at a low level, it played pretty well at Cads. I would stick with the 45ish skill number until you get your power/impact into the 50-60s...at that point I'd go back to putting into skill until you're ready to get the 100+ skill at a later level.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:57 pm 

Coltimus wrote:
What I found (if I'm repeating someone sorry, I really don't feel like reading your small novels :D) at that level (as well as what I was told by Dark =P) was by 60 power you're getting almost no distance gain from extra power.

When I was in the 60-70s I found the best stats I used was around 56p-62i and the rest into skill. Not only did it help on Hela/Forn to make TP test easy at a low level, it played pretty well at Cads. I would stick with the 45ish skill number until you get your power/impact into the 50-60s...at that point I'd go back to putting into skill until you're ready to get the 100+ skill at a later level.

Yes it's amazing how that little extra skill actually helps on more or less all courses and how limited those few extra yards of 1w power actually benefits if one keep pumping stat points into power.

Anyway what you wrote was pretty close to what I was saying really, with just some minor differences in at what point to stop add to power... which when I think of it we even seem to agree on that considering I have my 1w and irons power fitted getting it to 58 for 1w and 57 for irons anyway. My point was that I saw no need in keeping skill down to 45 all the way until one go for the high skill build. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 am 

At level 75 i use 45 power 50 imp and the rest on skill. I can drive near 400 yrds with those stats plus i get a lot extra power in my irons and plenty of accuracy. Matter of fact those stats have improved my game tremendously.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:18 pm 

so my stats currently befor i read this is, power 39 impact 48 stam(with cloth no stats added)13 and skill 22. I was currently told to just add into skill. Now is my stats fine for lvl 47 and what should i put in for the approching lvl 51?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:02 am 

Slavic wrote:
so my stats currently befor i read this is, power 39 impact 48 stam(with cloth no stats added)13 and skill 22. I was currently told to just add into skill. Now is my stats fine for lvl 47 and what should i put in for the approching lvl 51?
Hi Slavic,

Your stats are fine for your level so all you need to do is add your stats as follows.....

Next time you level-up add.....

1) 1 Impact / 1 Skill

Then next time you level-up add.....

2) 1 Power / 1 Skill

Keep repeating steps 1 then 2 then 1 then 2 etc. etc. until you get around 40-45 Skill !!

Then everytime you level-up just add.....

1 Power / 1 Impact

Keep adding like ^this^ until you get to Lv.80 when you can make the change to a High-Skill set-up (101+) ok !! ;)

Do not add any points to Stamina as you benefit a lot more by adding them elsewhere ok !!

45 Skill is the most you need to be comfortable on all courses (some people like to play 50 Skill just for that little extra control and bend but that's individual preference and style) until you reach Lv.80 which is the best time to make the change to a High-Skill set-up as you will have enough points to gain the proper benefit from it !! 8-)

I hope this helps but if you have anymore questions then just leave a reply here and I'll answer it as soon as I can OR feel free to PM me (phil336) in-game and I'll be happy to help ok !!

!! Good Luck & Enjoy....................Cya on the Field !!

!! Started SO beginning of 2004 & Still addicted today !! ;)

!! Lv.100 TP due to break /-24 !!

!! Don't Think....................................Just Do !!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:16 pm 

Good evening folks. Out of curiosity has anyone done a similar guide for Wotan. If there is one, could someone point me in the right direction. Many thanks. Frank

Vallar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm 

bonnieville wrote:
Out of curiosity has anyone done a similar guide for Wotan.

Umm, only the starting stats are different on different toons. Just follow the guide and ignore the stamina difference.