Community - Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Shot Online Playing Myths
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm 

No effect whatsoever on distance, ball flight, or how it lands. You may feel it, but it ain't there. :)

This has been tested over and over in the range and in the field.

One clue, is the circle. Using 1w, 3w, 5w, 3i, or 4i, look at your circle, then play with top or bottom spin and you will see that the circle does not move. It is important to add pure top or bottom using Shift-UpArrow or Shift-DownArrow, so as not to add even a pixel of sidespin. If you just use your mouse to set top or bottom spin, you may accidentally add a touch of sidespin.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:24 am 

Sorry, but "J" is really wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:18 am 

Don't apologize :) ; explain what you mean.

Why do you think some putters "put the ball in the hole better" than others?

They might require different percentages, but no putter gives an advantage in putting the ball in the hole, other than advantage of a slow bar over a fast bar.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:27 pm 

Bump.
Was asked for a link to the "myths post", so I figure a bump would be the easiest thing to do.

For the newer players who have not seen this.. enjoy! :)

Main post ==> viewtopic.php?f=36&t=46181

Cheers, A

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:40 am 

Found the perfect stat setup for u to try Alan.

65p

75imp

41 Stam

300skill

AKA the stats I play......

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:15 pm 

Wow! Bro, you are such a stat h*! LOL
I am afraid that I do not have the time or patience to level to the dizzying heights that would be required to test such an insane setup :)

I dislike leveling play, but I could imagine G5'ing my way once more, and only once, to get to 108. I think there is a Cleo quest there or some such thing.

PunchShot wrote:
Found the perfect stat setup for u to try Alan.

65p

75imp

41 Stam

300skill

AKA the stats I play......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:46 pm 

Nice to see that you are back, AinnS! ;)

The last weeks, I made the experience, that weather conditions (e.g. rain, frontwind) take effect on the distance of the aiming circle.
Generally, I thought weather will not take effect while aiming only after the shot.

But when playing Sosori, I often notice that the distance between the tee & the aiming circle (on every club) is about 5-6y shorter in rainy conditions.

I hope you understand what I am describing. :lol:

Everyone made the same experience?

Best Regards,
Indian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:36 am 

Added a new myth to the list (see main post of this thread). Here is the myth I added:

Wedge slow-swing-bar X is slower than wedge slow-swing-bar Y
A variant of this myth is "The TypeX SW bar is slower than the matching TypeX PW bar."

The truth is, that all slow bar wedges are the same speed-- exactly the same. I'll list some of the slow-swing-bar clubs that have exactly the same swing bar speed:

Werdandi wedge=CTL wedge=Hybrid wedge=Tempest wedge

There are all the same, for all of the wedges of the types listed (the slow-swing-bar clubs). The Werdandi SW is the same as the Hybrid PW, the Tempest AW is the same as the CTL SW, and so on-- all the wedges, PW, AW, or SW, of all of these types use the same swing bar speed. This applies to fairway, rough, or sand.

Post subject: Re: Shot Online Playing Myths (wedge bar speed added)
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:58 am 

...to add to this thread about stamina...

...I write this from top of my head and it's been few years since I really studied the stuff, but if I recall correctly...

Stamina affects to 2 things

1. The speed how fast you get fatigue while playing
2. Consistency of shot lengths

The 2nd thing is why it might be worth investing some extra points to that specially on high levels when 1% in shot length can make huge difference in outcome.

If I recall correctly even from fairway u get variation of 98-100% by default (number is visible under ball) and with enough stamina (can't remember the amount but I think it was ~30-40) u can get this _rounded_ to 99%-100% range. No idea how much u would need to get it to exactly 99-100% range. One could assume that it is about twice as much u have when getting it to round up.

Rough, sand and similar shots obviously become much more predictable when the variation shrinks, but as u really can stay away from those places it is not such good reason to invest to stamina than the one mentioned above. Nowdays "cheaper" option is to use sand/rough maps.

Then at least some point there has been talks about stamina affecting also putting speed as with putter u get also the 98-100% variation showing under the ball with low stamina. I have never tested this and honestly the 1% from for example 40y putt is like 0.4 yards difference, so in the end it really doesn't matter much.... If u could get the variation to 0% u could actually see 1y difference is the myth has some wind under it's wings.

...anyways just few things for u people to test out .)