Community - Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What consequences do you expect ?
Very Positive - I'm so hyyyyyped 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Positive 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Neutral / I don't care 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Negative 32%  32%  [ 12 ]
Very Negative - Death of Shot Online 51%  51%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: The end of Shot Online is near if we don't do anything
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:01 pm 

(written after 12+ hours playing with the new game engine on test server, to take into account)

Hello SO-mates,

This "new-broken-game-engine" is a pathetic result of quite much time spoilt and a lot of needless efforts. The result of people not being at the right place and the right people to be listened to not being listened to. A lot of great things could have been done since a long time ago, and they're driving the game into a concrete wall instead. People really have to test and write their review here, or anywhere else, no matter on what server they play... we're playing the same game and we have a chance to prevent it from being ruined by some very bad decisions taken by people who don't know the game and the community well.

There was Alf & Sosori rework, disappointing but not game-breaking in a sense that players wouldn't stop playing because of not being able to play those 2 courses in their normal shape.
This time the whole gameplay changes, with a lot of new bugs and huge issues, and differences with our SO. Putting, aiming, spin effect on the ball, ground slopes not doing anything or exactly the opposite of what they're supposed to do, much worse camera angles, hitting much shorter with the same stats (of course, it's not the same physics lul), checking the winds and glitched winds, arrow-click width much smaller, distances shown in meters instead of yards (even if it's still written with a Y), having to click on the right half of the ball to be able to play with the left click (and having to keep the pointer inside that zone to trigger the 2nd and 3rd clicks), and soooo much more... Oh, flagsticks have been removed everywhere (or remain transparent), the anti-slamshot guys will be happy at least (who cares ? if the game dies one year later). But forget most chip-ins and HIOs lol.
This list is about half as long as I could possibly write, there are SO MANY differences and issues that it's difficult to think that all will be fixed lol. It's already hard to believe that even 20% would be fixed, we have enough past experiences :shock:

It's a matter of the game closing or not (or much later). There would be a lot of people leaving the game (or not buying CC anymore) and in a couple months or a year there won't be enough players anymore. It's time to allow the community to set their own priorities and not being told them. This game engine update must NEVER take place on our servers in its actual form.

So please test and comment this thread, for our game. Everyone is concerned, so share the word with everyone.

I'll finish by saying that I'm thankful that we were able to test that new engine before it comes out (and I would be even more if dev team actually takes feedback into account). Now at least we have a little chance to avoid it to come out.

Steph

EDIT July 16:

Hi,

I have some good news for all of you :) Since I am in contact with some staff members I could report our call for help straight to them and get a lot of important information they definitely should have written in their announcement. So, from what I've been told at this point:

- Game engine version shown on the test server is actually in (very) early phase of development. It's only the first of 3 test servers, next one is scheduled for this winter around December. The engine is being made to improve graphics, stability and making further development easier. Long-term vision, I appreciate.
- Physics are not meant to be modified compared to the original game; end version physics should remain 99,9% identical to our SO as we know it. It's devs goal to perfectly replicate game physics. I admit here there is a lot of work remaining, next test server date confirms it's a long process.
- They were aware physics were far from being ready for this 1st test server. So they knew there were going to be bad reviews about them but they wanted to receive some early feedback from players
- An official announcement should be done soon, including those details.

So to sum up, the game is not in danger. And we could have known it if we got those key info earlier (bad communication, as often). Thanks for sharing the message and thanks to people who care about ;) I already changed my vote on the poll above.

Last edited by OniLink8 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The end of Shot Online is near if we don't do anything
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:01 pm 

Rather than listening to players who have been playing this game for years, understand the game. They have done it in a completely different way. I don’t know if they are attempting to revive the game through this update but this is turning a still playable game in to a complete mess. throwing a mess out to players won’t make the game more interesting instead will p*** off the rest of loyalty players who have been with this game for so many years and spent countless of £. For me at least , if this goes out it will be the end.

In game name: SirKhanh_
Level: H1(139)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:12 am 

I've been complaining for years about the behavior the game was taking, I even left it for a few months. They have managed to make everything fail, also with our help. They have gotten everyone to complain about everything, about the weather, about the missions, about not having missions at certain levels, why they buy that they do not get rewards, with the purpose of the auction as it was previously intended for trade. In short it has been easy to see how we would get here. I think it's a joke the change that I could see in your video, I also had the honor of playing the absurd minigol with you :). We do not want minigolf, we do not want them to remove the essence of the game like its effects, the way to drop the ball with those curves, nor do we want the way to throw putt to change to as horrible as I could see in what little bit I could fiddle with the SOCW since it went like lolipop. And at least it's clear to me that Speed ​​Matching (MM) has completely loaded the game, and the weather, and do not tell me to learn to play with bad weather that I know, I've been playing like that for years. It will be random, epro to me they all touch me, and almost nobody wants me to open rooms of those who know me. I have a new friend, he never played, he has gone from 1 to 100 in less than a week. Now he can not pass the gleiger test, he has another desperate week (he says that the weather does not stop him) and I believe it because it is aberrant, but also before reaching 100 you had played gleiger 1000 times. And as for the users, when I see that gold platinum is sold from 3 months to 3,000 million or 1 month to 1,300 million, I'm contributing to this going to hell. The real money that costs those gold is the salary of a day of many people or more. I have always agreed that you have to facilitate the purchase according to what the dollar is worth in each country. It can not be that it costs you 30 dollars a gold charging in your country 1000 a month and others it costs 30 dollars charging 400 maximum. It is not fair, but well, pro otherwise unless the one who buys benefits, I understand that this is a game, a vice, a drug, an addiction to buy and buy, but you have to stop, you have to tell them ... Gentlemen, we do not want changes that we will make to those who have been years trying to catch new people without vices like us or complain about the changes to evil we have seen for years. I'm sure that if they listened to the SOMs who know very well the problems of the game and experienced players in years this would go something better. Or not, or simply the cycle is over and the game dies as many die. I hope not. A greeting to all and I join the cause, I will not buy more CC until I do not know what direction this will take. I fear that Eu will be like Golfstar, full of players, you opened a room with 30 people and entered in 30 minutes and there were several rooms. And of the first time AD. The game is over that day ........ I do not want to be negative, come this is to be redirected, you just have to sit down and talk. It would not be wrong to create a committee of experts to talk to them if they wanted. By putting the post I name you Steph to represent us ajajajajjj. A greeting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:48 am 

I'm shocked.. SHOCKED the game is still operating.

They stopped listening to the players YEARS ago... yet, people still pay for memberships... buy horrid boxes, etc,. etc

There were a group of us who lived nearly within walking distance that used to play this game. The rest of them stopped played years ago... I play infrequently now.

I can only imagine that these serial spenders are aging folks, who have enough money to sustain and don't care where the rest of it goes. When they die, the game probably goes with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 am 

good posts guys ...........i myself stopped buying boxes for atleast 2 y never ever buy 30 d gold no more

ive been banned more times that i can remember i got banned on forums for 2 years cause of posts bout the state of game

bad boxes ect ect

this game is now in the worst state ive seeen drop rates are so bad boxes we pay for full of rubbish all that come out if u do get lucky is lowest durability and trust me we got mostly active members in 3L alot of top spenders in game they are now so angry depressed wit spending 1000s$$ every month

webzen greeed and total disregard of the players who been here from start and supported this game wit there money and guys we all know how much top lvlers spend 10k atleast a year easy

some one from webzen get on here and explain what u gonna do ?????

not volkese get the devs here on forums get them in the game we want change this aint good enough by a long long way

sad times

watch nothing will happen prob be banned again this will be taken down or moved rants i hope im totaly wrong and they do somthing lmao ive got more chance of winning lottery

come on people more post pls on how u feel we got make a stand .......top spenders stop spending get by on shoe string till change or we gonna keep getting this bad situation !!!

wooksta H110 active for 12years everyday

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 am 

Hi all,

Yes, SO is still running, its amazing but its all business, its not charity. They aint doing it coz its fun or coz it would gain the general community.

So, lets do some basic maths:

Webzen bought SO / Gamescampus a few years ago for $5.8M (If i remember it correctly)

SO once posted top 50 box buyers during a normal weekend/event.. 50th on that list bought 48 boxes.

If we calculate top 50 ppl buying 50 boxes every week in average = 2500 boxes, then add some for the general community, lets say 3k boxes / week.

13 boxes á $50 = $3.84 per box.. Some boxes are cheaper and they run cc-sales sometimes, so lets say average box is $3.

3k boxes á $3 makes $9k / week. Lets add some for the item mall, membership sales etc. If we count low, lets say boxes + item mall equals 11k / week. Annual renevue 52 weeks x $11k = $572k.. Round it up to 600k, easier to calculate.

So that would take Webzen about 10 years to get their investment back without counting expenses for servers, employees, offices etc.

So will it run for 10 years? No, it wont. Maybe Webzen already got ½ the investment back. If the numbers above is about right, then they could sell SO to the next party for ½ the original investment and Webzen would gone +/- 0.

Merge and merge and merge, milk it, get investment back, then can kill it and company has done just fine.

IMO: Maybe merge 1-2 servers more, keep it running for 2-3 years, after that id believe lights are out.

Average life-time for an online game is 5 years and SO been running since 2004, well done..Way longer than expected.

I wont cry when the notice about closure comes up. Probably wont happen just yet, still implementing new stuff, so i guess we aint there yet.

jja1975, Albatross Inc. (started playing May 17th, 2008)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:09 am 

wooksta wrote:
good posts guys ...........i myself stopped buying boxes for atleast 2 y never ever buy 30 d gold no more

ive been banned more times that i can remember i got banned on forums for 2 years cause of posts bout the state of game

bad boxes ect ect

this game is now in the worst state ive seeen drop rates are so bad boxes we pay for full of rubbish all that come out if u do get lucky is lowest durability and trust me we got mostly active members in 3L alot of top spenders in game they are now so angry depressed wit spending 1000s$$ every month

webzen greeed and total disregard of the players who been here from start and supported this game wit there money and guys we all know how much top lvlers spend 10k atleast a year easy

some one from webzen get on here and explain what u gonna do ?????

not volkese get the devs here on forums get them in the game we want change this aint good enough by a long long way

sad times

watch nothing will happen prob be banned again this will be taken down or moved rants i hope im totaly wrong and they do somthing lmao ive got more chance of winning lottery

come on people more post pls on how u feel we got make a stand .......top spenders stop spending get by on shoe string till change or we gonna keep getting this bad situation !!!

wooksta H110 active for 12years everyday

I get same feelings and a bit more send a Q&A hours ago I know it's a loss of time with them i'll get the generic answer. Wonder what happen with the nice letter from developpers that was a joke, the communication never be so bad now they just put every post they don't like on rants, never answer something to us. I've also think it's a joke to buy CC these months, if nothing change soon and if the controls of the game getting same as server test unplayable, i'll just gonna delete this game but will miss a lot of friends

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:25 am 

I have not yet tried the new test server but am very dismayed by the reviews I have read so far. The game has gone downhill for a while now. The whole MM system is destroying any other form of game mode... why bother having 4somes if all people are stuck in MM? Also, I am a little sad about the chancellation of GTS (Guild Tour System) it brought the guild together as well as was something competitive and fun.

Well, as for the weather... it is going worse every month. Where are the good weather days? At least you had a chance to improve your HC.. .now with the remodelled and uglier beginner courses Alfheim and Sosori I wonder how SO can keep new players?

I will try the test server if I have the time, but I do not hold out much hope after reading the reviews here.

Why not make the game fun again, bring back the carts and the funny oinks and loose MM...

I have given up on spending as much $$$ on this game as I used to, because the game is exclusively about levelling rather then playing with people, improving your gameplay and socializing. I miss competing with other guilds and improving your gameplay in the process.

My advise to SO simplify, reward your players more and make having a guild relevant again. I would loose MM, loose travel, loose the new miniture game, bring back GTS, make 4some mode have the most experience points and the carts/oinks would be a super Qool bonus.

BrightEyes - Advisor to Q ;) :) :lol: :D :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 pm 

I totally i gree with wooksta,
We here for 12 years got Always nothing in boxes spend a car on this game .
But that is not even the issue i spend money because i wanted too have the best clothes clubs etc etc etc.
But there comes a time that the spending is over because ya get NOTHING back from this site
And the biggest JOKE was that im from the Netherlands and never can buy boxes WHAT A BULLCHITT
In all those years they stop it and not allowed buy sboxes well , not spend a penny nomore

Woi BoomJongggeee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:14 pm 

They stopped listen to the plays back about 2004 :mrgreen: if I ran this game I would put good things in the boxes, just think if they had some of the best thing in boxes which by the way don't cost them an money to put in they would sale 10 times the boxes but when you buy a box and open it and junk comes out you just quit buying. Gold Plat. If it was 1500cc and not 3600 cc 3 times as many people would buy, its not like your getting any thing other then the 3x exp and 2x ng all the other stuff is junk. I really would thing that they would look at how things are going and make some major changes, but as they showed us when they put the new ALF and Sosior in they don't really care what we thing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:33 pm 

Ive played this game over 10 years plus and enjoyed most of the time i play. My main thing is the 0 ng trade in value of clothes. We ( spenders ) spend lot of money to get those ngs for trading our clothes at 1 Bil a piece.Its everyone's choice to spend money or not. Why punish us when we spend thousands per year to contribute to this game and this is the thanks we get? i don't have much other complaints but the Trade in value agenda.
SO, i am surprised this game lasted this long, hopefully many more years to come if changes are made to our satisfaction.

Hpotter H1 115 (13 years)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:46 pm 

They just don't know how to run the game, trying to bring new things into the game and just screwing everything up
Like the GTS^^, They didn't know how to fix it because their useless so they just got rid of it and changed it into a "guild love 4 some"... which i see is pointless as you don't have to play with guildies etc for it
The game is no fun anymore, u look back 10yrs ago or whatever and the channel was that full people couldn't get on unless some 1 logged off or dc'd... now look at it, always at +7% or so.. dead
The only game mode now is basically MM, i do a few rounds of it myself, but i'd rather play for fun etc on random courses, 4 some, mastery etc... but nope u have ruined the game by bringing MM in
Wont be long until it will be like what hollid was like... few players stood in the square, no games, no chat.. nothing
I don't spend money on this game for box's etc, but i still read what comes out of them and it's just the same crap every time
The devs should come on the game for once and see what its actually like... they wont have fun i can guarantee lol
SO should listen to what the players have to say, as it is us who is playing the game, you make the game more fun for us, people will like playing more, then spend more money... win win situation for the players and SO.... even if u have to close the game for a week or so to change it... im sure people wouldnt mind aslong as it gets better... the way SO is atm it's just gonna end

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:38 am 

:roll:

Attachments:
SHOT.PNG
SHOT.PNG [ 185.41 KiB | Viewed 926 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:48 am 

cfc_blues_uk wrote:
:roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: well done to the devs 7 months still same probably worse than ever happy new year all lmao what a joke

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:00 am 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

It's time to fill the survey all please don't save your words or it's the end of our game :(

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next