Community - Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What consequences do you expect ?
Very Positive - I'm so hyyyyyped 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Positive 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Neutral / I don't care 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Negative 32%  32%  [ 12 ]
Very Negative - Death of Shot Online 51%  51%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Re: The end of Shot Online is near if we don't do anything
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:44 am 

jja1975 wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, SO is still running, its amazing but its all business, its not charity. They aint doing it coz its fun or coz it would gain the general community.

So, lets do some basic maths:

Webzen bought SO / Gamescampus a few years ago for $5.8M (If i remember it correctly)

SO once posted top 50 box buyers during a normal weekend/event.. 50th on that list bought 48 boxes.

If we calculate top 50 ppl buying 50 boxes every week in average = 2500 boxes, then add some for the general community, lets say 3k boxes / week.

13 boxes á $50 = $3.84 per box.. Some boxes are cheaper and they run cc-sales sometimes, so lets say average box is $3.

3k boxes á $3 makes $9k / week. Lets add some for the item mall, membership sales etc. If we count low, lets say boxes + item mall equals 11k / week. Annual renevue 52 weeks x $11k = $572k.. Round it up to 600k, easier to calculate.

So that would take Webzen about 10 years to get their investment back without counting expenses for servers, employees, offices etc.

So will it run for 10 years? No, it wont. Maybe Webzen already got ½ the investment back. If the numbers above is about right, then they could sell SO to the next party for ½ the original investment and Webzen would gone +/- 0.

Merge and merge and merge, milk it, get investment back, then can kill it and company has done just fine.

IMO: Maybe merge 1-2 servers more, keep it running for 2-3 years, after that id believe lights are out.

Average life-time for an online game is 5 years and SO been running since 2004, well done..Way longer than expected.

I wont cry when the notice about closure comes up. Probably wont happen just yet, still implementing new stuff, so i guess we aint there yet.

jja1975, Albatross Inc. (started playing May 17th, 2008)

If $5.8mil is true... numbers are probably higher than you posted.

You'll sometimes hear a business selling for its annual revenue multiplied by 3-5.

If #50 on the Top 50 list bought 48 boxes... your math is probably more like 50*60 = 3000 plus the gen-pop.. which probably puts that total at more like 6k..6k/week

6000 * $3 (using your total) is $18,000 per week... so almost $1mil/yr on boxes.. :lol:

That number probably grows to $1.25-$1.5mil/yr with memberships, item mall, etc.

The math works.. but that number has to be in decline.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:23 am 

i play this game too since over 11-12 years...
started on german server played 1 year there and changed to inter server after it...

the boxes problem is the same problem since i beginned the Game... why make crap boxes with items who nobody needs...
make the items in Item Mall to normally can buy!!!
its not a lottery.. to get sometimes a good theurgia or any others.. its a game!!

about the new year note... they will make all better....

haha Joke of the year... its the same worst ....... to the players as years before...

tc enjoy no more monthly members making or investing much... is it not worth!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:26 pm 

Hi,

I have some good news for all of you :) Since I am in contact with some staff members I could report our call straight to them and get a lot of important information they definitely should have written in their announcement. So, from what I've been told at this point:

- Game engine version shown on the test server is actually in (very) early phase of development. It's only the first of 3 test servers, next one is scheduled for this winter around December. The engine is being made to improve graphics, stability and making further development easier. Long-term vision, I appreciate.
- Physics are not meant to be modified compared to the original game; end version physics should remain 99,9% identical to our SO as we know it. It's devs goal to perfectly replicate game physics. I admit here there is a lot of work remaining, next test server date confirms it's a long process.
- They were aware physics were far from being ready for this 1st test server. So they knew there were going to be bad reviews about them but they wanted to receive some early feedback from players
- An official announcement should be done soon, including those details.

So to sum up, the game is not in danger. And we could have known it if we got those key info earlier (bad communication, as often). Thanks for sharing the message and thanks to people who care about ;) I already changed my vote on the poll above.

I'll copy this post to my initial one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:26 am 

JBricks wrote:
jja1975 wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, SO is still running, its amazing but its all business, its not charity. They aint doing it coz its fun or coz it would gain the general community.

Webzen bought SO / Gamescampus a few years ago for $5.8M (If i remember it correctly)

SO once posted top 50 box buyers during a normal weekend/event.. 50th on that list bought 48 boxes.

If we calculate top 50 ppl buying 50 boxes every week in average = 2500 boxes, then add some for the general community, lets say 3k boxes / week.

13 boxes á $50 = $3.84 per box.. Some boxes are cheaper and they run cc-sales sometimes, so lets say average box is $3.

3k boxes á $3 makes $9k / week. Lets add some for the item mall, membership sales etc. If we count low, lets say boxes + item mall equals 11k / week. Annual renevue 52 weeks x $11k = $572k.. Round it up to 600k, easier to calculate.

So that would take Webzen about 10 years to get their investment back without counting expenses for servers, employees, offices etc.

So will it run for 10 years? No, it wont. Maybe Webzen already got ½ the investment back. If the numbers above is about right, then they could sell SO to the next party for ½ the original investment and Webzen would gone +/- 0.

Merge and merge and merge, milk it, get investment back, then can kill it and company has done just fine.

IMO: Maybe merge 1-2 servers more, keep it running for 2-3 years, after that id believe lights are out.

Average life-time for an online game is 5 years and SO been running since 2004, well done..Way longer than expected.

I wont cry when the notice about closure comes up. Probably wont happen just yet, still implementing new stuff, so i guess we aint there yet.

You'll sometimes hear a business selling for its annual revenue multiplied by 3-5.

If #50 on the Top 50 list bought 48 boxes... your math is probably more like 50*60 = 3000 plus the gen-pop.. which probably puts that total at more like 6k..6k/week

6000 * $3 (using your total) is $18,000 per week... so almost $1mil/yr on boxes.. :lol:

That number probably grows to $1.25-$1.5mil/yr with memberships, item mall, etc.

You can just go look the numbers up. Webzen publish their financial report. (http://company.webzen.com/en/)

Reported sales figures for the whole of Shot Online for the first quarter of 2019 was 1,571 (KRW million).
If I typed the number correctly into the exchange rate calculator that is US$ 1,332,208.
First quarter of 2018 was 1,732 (KRW million)

Shot Online accounted for 4% of Webzen's total revenue for the 1st quarter 2019.

How these numbers break down between domestic and international sales for Shot Online is not disclosed, only the balance for the total revenue of the company.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:07 pm 

Bonjour,

It's magical lol !

In no time and a few lines we would go from, we have to save Private Ryan to, the soldier is found and saved... ?!

We "not many" (only 600 views for 18 posts), we the 99.99% who have no privileged contact with the staff (...), we who have lived too long, or more for all those who have given up arms, their commercial, relational, communicative, repressive policy,..., will not wake up tomorrow with a new world and this past nightmare. For a future dream it would take more skills...

All our countless Topics sounding the alarm bells, all the time spend writing them and not playing, for all, and see them at best relegate to the bottom of the Forum...

Too bad OniLink8 it's only your 10th post, because this Topic of passionate people has the merit to exist, like all the other deserving people you could have helped....

I stopped my investments in C.C. for the first time in 10 years, not because of the Dev's, but because of the way my €uros, my DQ&A, and especially me, are treated like 100% of those who came before me.

As they say in France: tout va très bien Madame la Marquise !

PS: the views will jump all at once, don't panic it's normal, it's the effect I get lol

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:28 am 

0Ney wrote:
JBricks wrote:
jja1975 wrote:
Hi all,

You can just go look the numbers up. Webzen publish their financial report. (http://company.webzen.com/en/)

Reported sales figures for the whole of Shot Online for the first quarter of 2019 was 1,571 (KRW million).
If I typed the number correctly into the exchange rate calculator that is US$ 1,332,208.
First quarter of 2018 was 1,732 (KRW million)

Shot Online accounted for 4% of Webzen's total revenue for the 1st quarter 2019.

How these numbers break down between domestic and international sales for Shot Online is not disclosed, only the balance for the total revenue of the company.

Ahh yes.. public company.

Forgot about the international servers... Who knew selling boxes w/ random virtual items could make so much money? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:52 pm 

If SO dies it will solely due to the inept management they have in place and possibly the worst customer service anyone has ever experienced anywhere in their entire life in the entire world. Plus they don't market the game so anyone looking for an online golf game will probably not find this one. Do a google search of "online golf game". I just did and checked the 1st 4 result pages and there are no results for shotonline anywhere. Lots and lots of results for the WRT game though so guess what people will download and play?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:47 am 

If SO dies it will solely due to the inept management they have in place and possibly the worst customer service anyone has ever experienced anywhere in their entire life in the entire world. Plus they don't market the game so anyone looking for an online golf game will probably not find this one. Do a google search of "online golf game". I just did and checked the 1st 4 result pages and there are no results for shotonline anywhere. Lots and lots of results for the WRT game though so guess what people will download and play?

totally agree the management is a joke not one person from webzen even responded to any of the posts and there few topics open all the effort is to move to rants by our GM of server that does nothing don't even play game

does not even care bout the situation of this game

we need new GM of this server cause one we got don't do anything for us players regarding bad boxes full of items we do not need or wanna pay for in lottery boxes wit worst drop rates ever bad missions ect ect I aint gonna list all cause id write a novel and be waste of time as webzen clearly don't wanna earn money just rip us off and lose paying players

or tell me what the roll of the GM of the server is ment to do ….being in game seeing whats going on im sure is one but he don't
head som never in game GM never in game why ????

come on some one from webzen get on here and tell us what u gonna do to address the issue"s where is the enhanced communication u posted 7 months ago ?????

its worse than ever and it was bad before lol

get a grip of the game or pass it to someone who will take the time to fix it!!

getting to point of not wanting to even logg on...….. the game is boring same old same old everyday swift everything its golf ment to be played wit people not just wait till next man/woman hits green see a putt jeez its like pulling teeth sometimes

even the guilds relays swift

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2