Community - Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: RE: Recent Rollback
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:55 pm 

Hello everyone!

Venus here aka Kristine! Some may already know who I am since we've communicated via email. I just wanted to briefly explain the recent issue regarding the rollback that occurred on Yang server. First and foremost, I want to deeply apologize for what had happened and thank you for your understanding. As you may already know, we had critical issues with the database/hard drive and the game data stopped syncing. There were further problems when servers opened... players were missing items and duplicated items appeared in characters inventories. Only way to resolve the issue was with another rollback.

As some of you have already noticed, the compensation gift is different this time around, to prevent it's abuse. It seems to be working the way we want it to. In the future, if we have another incident like this one, we will provide players with a compensation pack just like this one. We understand that the gift doesn't have the "Wow" factor, but it was our intent and we wanted to test the new gifting system. We hope that you will understand. As always, we appreciate that you stand behind with us during this critical time frame.

Thank you for playing 9Dragons!

Post subject: Re: RE: Recent Rollback
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:12 pm 

[GM] Venus wrote:

We understand that the gift doesn't have the "Wow" factor, but it was our intent and we wanted to test the new gifting system.

I'm all in for this system, prevents the abuse and whatnot. But saying that the compensation gifts are bad and you wanted them to be - just made me laugh so bad :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:30 pm 

[GM] Venus wrote:
Hello everyone!

Venus here aka Kristine! Some may already know who I am since we've communicated via email. I just wanted to briefly explain the recent issue regarding the rollback that occurred on Yang server. First and foremost, I want to deeply apologize for what had happened and thank you for your understanding. As you may already know, we had critical issues with the database/hard drive and the game data stopped syncing. There were further problems when servers opened... players were missing items and duplicated items appeared in characters inventories. Only way to resolve the issue was with another rollback.

As some of you have already noticed, the compensation gift is different this time around, to prevent it's abuse. It seems to be working the way we want it to. In the future, if we have another incident like this one, we will provide players with a compensation pack just like this one. We understand that the gift doesn't have the "Wow" factor, but it was our intent and we wanted to test the new gifting system. We hope that you will understand. As always, we appreciate that you stand behind with us during this critical time frame.

Thank you for playing 9Dragons!

I think GC úsed Hard drive made in China

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:07 am 

This is not my concern, but I'm going to speak for others.

This gift system can't be abused, but there is a single flaw which makes it unfair for some people if rollback happened. Those who lost their new characters entirely can't get the package, since they have to start from zero.

I already told one player to send Q&A about it and Pulse did the same. How you are going to manage the problem and hand out the packages for players who are eligible to get it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 am 

D3mitel wrote:
This is not my concern, but I'm going to speak for others.

This gift system can't be abused, but there is a single flaw which makes it unfair for some people if rollback happened. Those who lost their new characters entirely can't get the package, since they have to start from zero.

I already told one player to send Q&A about it and Pulse did the same. How you are going to manage the problem and hand out the packages for players who are eligible to get it?

We are actually able to see in our logs that the character indeed existed during the affected time frame and are able to manually give out the compensation package to those characters. We've already gotten a few people who have had this situation and we were able to correct it effectively.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:54 pm 

[GM] Pulse wrote:

We are actually able to see in our logs that the character indeed existed during the affected time frame and are able to manually give out the compensation package to those characters. We've already gotten a few people who have had this situation and we were able to correct it effectively.

And how about fixing issues like this one? she lost 2x +1 scrolls that were previously scrolled to her clothing ( 3~4 weeks prior to rollback). The Pieces that were +1'ed were Pieces that were "Deleted/Missing" when the first roll back happened, when the second one happened, she got the clothing back, ( H4 Ck refined Hat (Female) and PS 3 slot Wristbands Ck refined (Female) ) but she did not get the +1 scrolls that were attached to them.

This quote below show's the DQnA response.

OhOhUh wrote:
[GM] Pulse wrote:
Yes, the rollback has reset levels to last Saturday. We apologize again for the inconvenience, but we hope players will take full advantage our of compensation package and 1-week EXP event rates starting tomorrow in order to help make up for the lost levels.

Yea sure u apologize, it wasn't u grinding and spending hours to lvl up,
it was us which is fine, we can grind again, since there is nothing else to do,
9d is dead and boring, people log and afk.
Thanks for the lame compensation package,it takes space in my bags but oh well,
I can delete them I guess?

Now back to the point, thanks for restoring the missing items due to the rollback...
at least do your dam job right :shock:
I had scrolled items and i'm getting them back unscrolled??

Hello,

The rollback should have reverted your inventory to exactly how it was on July 12th at 10pm server time. Unfortunately, we cannot give out any items that were lost due to the affected time period.

Regards,

9Dragons Support Team

I'm not asking you to give out items, or free items,i don't need anything from you beside
do ur damn job right.

Few months ago you scammed my jacket, yes you did, vanished due to visual bug,
but do you even know what visual bug is ? no you don't :shock:
First time I see GM's without GM tools.
Hackers are smarter than you,
you guys wasting your time sitting on the PC
Learn how to do your job right or look for a new job!

Yea I want to get back my 2 scrolls!

Thanks for reading.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:47 pm 

Kazega120 wrote:

And how about fixing issues like this one? she lost 2x +1 scrolls that were previously scrolled to her clothing ( 3~4 weeks prior to rollback).

3-4 weeks ago? If that's the case, tell the person in question to send us DQA. We will need

- Screenshot of the item
- Tell the player in question to place the item in his/her inventory so that we can get the item ID
- Character name
- Date the scroll was added to clothes/weapon.

Those are the main details we will need to examine the issue. If you have additional questions, please interact with our team via DQA.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:51 pm 

Kage, I don't know about the scamming issues in the quote, but the users in question did not use any DB according to our logs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 pm 

[GM] Venus wrote:
Kazega120 wrote:

And how about fixing issues like this one? she lost 2x +1 scrolls that were previously scrolled to her clothing ( 3~4 weeks prior to rollback).

3-4 weeks ago? If that's the case, tell the person in question to send us DQA. We will need

- Screenshot of the item
- Tell the player in question to place the item in his/her inventory so that we can get the item ID
- Character name
- Date the scroll was added to clothes/weapon.

Those are the main details we will need to examine the issue. If you have additional questions, please interact with our team via DQA.

I'll forward this to her, Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:04 am 

[GM] Venus wrote:
As some of you have already noticed, the compensation gift is different this time around, to prevent it's abuse. It seems to be working the way we want it to. In the future, if we have another incident like this one, we will provide players with a compensation pack just like this one.

GC will never officially accept that previous abused compensation gift (100 DBs etc etc ) kept the server live for at least 6+ months, and had more income than now.
Seriously. What the heck is wrong in your marketing/sales dept. ???

Senior Strategist Bandit IM12
Waiting for Balance again... Hope we will not see again that Acclaims ''Soon'' xD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:45 pm 

Venus,
I'd like to know what is your knowledge about online games,9D,
also I'd like to know who hired you, because whoever did that, was dumb enough to hire you as GM.
Pls let me know who hired you, so I can send my application as well, and I promise you
I can do much better for the 9D community, than what you have done ( which is nothing)!

Good communication skills are key to success in life, work, etc.
Communication is a two way street. After you've said what you have to say, stop, listen, and look for feedback and clues.

Greetings!

Unfortunately we are unable to restore any items, gold or levels lost during the rollback. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

9 Dragons Support Team

It is my fault there was a rollback? or it is my fault that you have no GM tools?
I've lost 2x +1 scrolls due to rollback.
I have scrolled my H4 ck Hat and PS ck Wb at least 1 month before the rollback.

I've lost my +9 h4 jacket back on March.
I tried to +10 that jacket, I used BD's every single try but my jacket vanished.

What did you do to help me out? Nothing!

Hello,

We appreciate you as a valued customer and loyal player to our game. However, we are still unable to restore your jacket. We do advise that you take care during the refine process and to make sure you take precautions where ever you can.

We apologize again that we cannot assist you further. If you require assistance in another issue, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

9Dragons Support Team

No, I'm not going to need your assistance, not anymore
What for? to get back the same BS answer?

You all are greedy and scammers, all you care about is how to fill up your pockets.
I hope by now, you know, you not getting a single penny from my pocket,
good luck with the rest!!

Peace out! Ppl w/o any knowledge (GC)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:54 pm 

REEEEE