Community - Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: FREE Adobe software
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:19 am 

For artists or people wishing to get into image editing:

Adobe are giving away Free Versions of their programs, they are NOT trials, they are just the older versions. These versions still have pretty much everything you need so enjoy.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

TO THE MODS:

If i am not allowed to post links please remove it and if anyone is interested in the link they can then PM me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSkpb_qbX4s

Post subject: Re: FREE Adobe software
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:38 pm 

Liloldme88 wrote:

Adobe are giving away Free Versions of their programs, they are NOT trials, they are just the older versions. These versions still have pretty much everything you need so enjoy.

TO THE MODS:

If i am not allowed to post links please remove it and if anyone is interested in the link they can then PM me.

Since this is through a trusted site, I wouldn't see any problem with posting it here. The only issue I have is that it's a outdated version of CS through Adobe and many of the other programs. The newer versions have changed their ways of doing stuff slightly that it makes a difference to individuals that have had prior experience with these versions and have now been using the new versions that our out today.

If anyone does decide to download any of these programs, they need to be aware that their are differences..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 pm 

Youge wrote:
Liloldme88 wrote:

TO THE MODS:

Since this is through a trusted site, I wouldn't see any problem with posting it here.

viewtopic.php?f=590&t=123195

•Do not advertise, promote, or discuss non GamesCampus sanctioned games, services, referrals, contests, websites or commercial enterprises.

Lets please stop with the playing of favorites here already... If one has to follow the rules, everybody does.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:59 am 

drunkenmantis wrote:
Youge wrote:
Liloldme88 wrote:

TO THE MODS:

Since this is through a trusted site, I wouldn't see any problem with posting it here.

viewtopic.php?f=590&t=123195

•Do not advertise, promote, or discuss non GamesCampus sanctioned games, services, referrals, contests, websites or commercial enterprises.

Lets please stop with the playing of favorites here already... If one has to follow the rules, everybody does.

Zzz dont be rediculus this is an art forum within 9D the topic is relevant for art gear and a good opportunity for those people wanting to start and play around with art because its free legal software. Gratz on the poster thanks for a good topic for all!

@Drunkenmantis

You have either just started with your 5 post count or you have a main and are scared to show your real identity. Please dont post silly posts like this in here. I havent been here for a while but the people working in the art forum help the community out of their own free time.

Thanks again to the OP in regards to the free Art software when is a good opportunity for those wanting to try and start doing some art on their own. Even though the CS2 programs are not CS6 versions they are still very powerful and can do some great pro art. I have used CS2 to CS6 and all are great! Its a great opportunity for everyone to get some free legal software.

HellZ :twisted:

9D Artist Visit My Signature Gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:52 pm 

HellZPaWn wrote:

@Drunkenmantis

You have either just started with your 5 post count or you have a main and are scared to show your real identity. Please dont post silly posts like this in here. I havent been here for a while but the people working in the art forum help the community out of their own free time.

OR .....I could be a longtime active member of the community who had his main account stolen due to GC's lack of DB security and have been waiting 2+ weeks for a reply from DQA after my first ticket mysteriously vanished... do not speak about that which you do not know.

And regardless the reason for the origional post, or even what particular section it is in, as has been mentioned time and again (although selectively enforced) by both mods and GM's, RULES ARE RULES and should be applicable to everybody without exception.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm 

drunkenmantis wrote:
HellZPaWn wrote:

@Drunkenmantis

OR .....I could be a longtime active member of the community who had his main account stolen due to GC's lack of DB security and have been waiting 2+ weeks for a reply from DQA after my first ticket mysteriously vanished... do not speak about that which you do not know.

And regardless the reason for the origional post, or even what particular section it is in, as has been mentioned time and again (although selectively enforced) by both mods and GM's, RULES ARE RULES and should be applicable to everybody without exception.

This post by the OPer is not something that is illegal, like downloading the cracked version of CS. This is like posting a link to download CS6 and that is why it's okay to post it here. It's also like posting a link to the Gimp program. It's not going against the ToS, like HellZPaWn has already mentioned
Quote:
is an art forum within 9D the topic is relevant for art gear and a good opportunity for those people wanting to start and play around with art because its free legal software

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 am 

Youge wrote:
[
This post by the OPer is not something that is illegal, like downloading the cracked version of CS. This is like posting a link to download CS6 and that is why it's okay to post it here. It's also like posting a link to the Gimp program. It's not going against the ToS, like HellZPaWn has already mentioned

SO basicly what you are telling me is that even though the forum rules (not the ToS) state quite clearly
Quote:
Do not advertise, promote, or discuss non GamesCampus sanctioned games, services, referrals, contests, websites or commercial enterprises.
that the thread does not break any rules because it is not illegal software? So any and all of the rest of us are free to promote software from other sources as long as it's not "pirated"? I didn't see that distinction mentioned in the rules anywhere, but ok.. I'll be sure to use this thread as reference in the future when someone else gets slapped down by the mod team for doing something similar.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:41 am 

drunkenmantis wrote:
Youge wrote:
[

SO basicly what you are telling me is that even though the forum rules (not the ToS) state quite clearly
Quote:
Do not advertise, promote, or discuss non GamesCampus sanctioned games, services, referrals, contests, websites or commercial enterprises.
that the thread does not break any rules because it is not illegal software? So any and all of the rest of us are free to promote software from other sources as long as it's not "pirated"? I didn't see that distinction mentioned in the rules anywhere, but ok.. I'll be sure to use this thread as reference in the future when someone else gets slapped down by the mod team for doing something similar.

What I am saying is that since this is the Artistic Creation section of the forum and these programs are usually what individuals use to make such things like posters, wallpaper, signatures for the community per request, and other artistic avenues that these programs:

Gimp
CS
Paint
Paint Pro
Etc..

Plus sites to download brushes, fonts, etc.. are also okay to post links for to individuals that are having a hard time finding some because they are new to the craft of making such items.

You may try to use this as a reference but it would have to be Art related and in this section for it to apply or it will be removed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:50 am 

Photoshop is really usefull for Artistic creations, as this is new from adobe, get it free comapre to 2000€ is really good. (Especially it's not pirate version)

Venus will know about the topic as soon as one of us is able to talk to her. Then she will decide what to do with thise one. It's useful after all, but the rules seems to said that we have to delet it :(

W&S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 am 

I"m going to lock this then so Venus can take a look at it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:49 pm 

@ drunkenmantis they are not selling anything and do not stand to profit from sharing the link. Please keep in mind, it is entirely to the staff's discretion as to how severe a violation is.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]