Community - Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A new CK Hybrid Guide!
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:20 pm 

---------------------------------------------Introduction-------------------------------------------------------

Hey all! Well this guide is coming from experience and what has worked best for me! It may not be the best in some aspects but it made grinding much quicker than any of the other classes i've played. Keep in mind that this guide will require a decent amount of gold so its good to be funded or just have a bit of spare cash to buy CC.

---------------------------------------------------STATS---------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so these are argued about A LOT. This is what I did.

From RC 7 to SM 11 I put up 30 strength for the extra def. I kept my cons at 14 and just pumped up my cons buff and all stat. For a while I put a mixture of wisdom and essence until my wisdom was at 100 and I put the rest into essence.

The reason for doing this was It gave me enough wisdom to wear the SM 12 BD bracers. Also it provided enough AR so I wouldn't miss every second nuke!

By SM 11 your stats should look a little like this:

Strength : 30
Essence : 150
Wisdom : 100
Constitution : 14
Dexterity : 8

From SM 11 - EC 6 You wanna pump your strength up another 30 points to get it to 60. I did it by adding 2 strength and 2 essence every level until my strength was at 60 and then i just pumped all essence until EC 6.

By EC 6 your stats should look a little like this:

Strength : 60
Essence : 200
Wisdom : 100
Constitution : 14
Dexterity : 8
----------------------------------------------EQUIPMENT-----------------------------------------------------------

So this is where you get into some expenses. I'm going to break it down into 2 categories, Must have equips and Optional Equips. Here it is.

MUST HAVE EQUIPS :
600 WD def set
4 Slot bracers with 300 dmg ornis
260 dodge hat, shoes and wristbands (if you can afford ck dmg WB then use them instead)
Wisdom relics and Strength Relics (as you level up, replace the str ones with higher lvl wis ones)

OPTIONAL EQUIPS :
A premium is a good thing!
20% Speed shoes (With the amount of def and dodge you should have, you wont really need to run so these are only if u prefer to run)
2-4 slot deco with 130 phys dodge (the more dodge you have, the less you run. Less running means quicker grinding!)

Notes**
Some people will argue about slotting the bracers with 40% crit instead of YYBS ornis but at lower levels, you'll do more damage with YYBS because hitting a crit makes you do 150% damage. If your bracers only give like 300-400 damage your crit isnt going to be very strong. Where as if you slot the wep with an additional 1200 damage....do the math lol. At higher levels, its better to slot with 40% crit but lower its best to do YYBS.

--------------------------------------------GRINDING-----------------------------------------------------------

Well you should go CK at RC 7 when you get your para nuke and just spam that nuke and level it as fast as you can. I spent a small fortune on manuals so my para nuke was at level 7 or 8 before I even got my def nuke. Once you get your def nuke, Level it. Never grind without a manual on. If you do that, it will basically level its self.

When your actually fighting, depending on what equips you have, use a combination of your def and para nuke to kill the mobs. For example, always start with your def nuke, and then a para and maybe finish with a def. Your def nuke is instant cast so its good to use for a quick kill.

If you have most of the equips mentioned in this guide, your dodge should be pretty high and you shouldn't need to run at all. The point of this guide is to make it so you don't have to and if you pair a nuker that can 2-3 hit stuff with instant casts, that never has to run, you get pure ownage!

--------------------------------------------NUKES---------------------------------------------------------------

Well I covered a little in the last section but this is a more in-depth look into the skills of a CK hybrid.

First off, don't go CK until RC 7, the nukes are piss weak and would do much for you. Once you get to RC 7 you get a neat little nuke that paralyzes the mob for a ridiculous amount of time at higher levels and it also causes bleeding damage over time! This will be your primary nuke until you get to RL 7.

At RL 7 you get the famous defense nuke of the CK hybrid! This nuke makes all you other nukes look like their on steroids. Even one level up of this nuke increases your damage a lot so don't take it lightly. Maxing this nuke and your para nuke are a must! Its going to take a while because the def nuke is an instant cast with no cool down but its so worth it.

Those 2 nukes should be the only ones you should use. There's a nuke you learn early on that looks like it has good damage output but the cast time is soooooo long. As a CK hybrid, your AR takes a hit for the worst so if you miss on a nuke, you need to be able to come back quickly and throw another nuke at the mob so the long cast time of this nuke makes it useless to a CK hybrid.

After you make 2nd role, you have a nuke at FC 1 and of course the reason you made this character, your AOE at CS. I personally haven't gotten this far but both nukes look like they kick some you-know-what so level them as best as you can.

-----------------------------------------------BUFFS------------------------------------------------------------

This should be obvious already but here goes. You need to max your Cons buff, your all stat and your heal. Some people don't think its a good idea to max your heal but it will really help you out when you get to higher maps but don't have enough damage yet for a decent leech. So again, manuals, manuals, manuals.

-------------------------------------------------------Ending------------------------------------------------

I'm not really looking for any advice, constructive criticism, or flaming. This build and guide, worked for me and it is what I followed. It got me to my first second role and I had fun doing it. If this isn't what you did, I'm not really interested. If your thinking of starting your own CK hybrid, feel free to use it as you will. More will be added when I progress further in the game. I've only gotten to EC 6 with him so far. If you want to look me up in-game, My 2 IGN's are Hyb2-0 and War2-0 and I play on Yang.
[list=][/list]

Post subject: Re: A new CK Hybrid Guide!
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:39 pm 

What kind of damage you are doing with Ess build?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:48 pm 

At EC 6 I get about 26k on a crit with a para nuke after a defense nuke. And about 18k with a para nuke after a def nuke with no crit. If that gives you an idea.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:01 pm 

Ess build is good. But he will need more wis when he hits icy. Ck hybrids are useless in Tibet 1. So i wouldn't advise grinding as a ck hybrid there. The str is useless. You can get def trinket with def set plus a decent deco and use those points toward con or wis. Before i get a flame. My hybrid is PS8 and ive spent alot of time and money experimenting with hybrid builds.

Signature thanks to HellZPaWn
Took a 4 month leave and came back to a non hacked acct.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:21 am 

_Ap0calyps3_ wrote:
Ess build is good. But he will need more wis when he hits icy. Ck hybrids are useless in Tibet 1. So i wouldn't advise grinding as a ck hybrid there. The str is useless. You can get def trinket with def set plus a decent deco and use those points toward con or wis. Before i get a flame. My hybrid is PS8 and ive spent alot of time and money experimenting with hybrid builds.

My bro's ck hyb grinded in icy easy with less then 100 wis (I forget exact wis # but was like 70-80).
Then again he was on 100% old and new wis relics, quilins deco (ck), ck ar plate (IS one), maxed elixers, etc.
So he was compensating his lacking ck ar.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:42 am 

i`ll make a shorter guide and more acurate:

-start ck build at RL7 (duh lvl when you get def nuke);

-add like 20 str but no more, essence for bracers, wisdom get the rest of the points left, 14 con (for early lvls, after that add some extra con) and 8 dex (you don`t need con relics);

-with new tibet epi`s is easy to get high def with no problem;

-bracers at lower lvl should be combined, yybs and crit with some nice refine will be just better;

-CS9+ use 4slot bracers 30% crit (4-7% leech orns, depends which one you can afford so you won`t need to heal)

-aime for 2.6k def and 1.5k dodge for grind setup (600 set, def trinket, 520/440 dodge deco, tibet epi)

-max elix, max buffs (con, atribute and heal to c12)

-untill FC1 just spam RL7 nuke (def nuke), then combine def nuke with fc nuke till cs9 when you get AOE and things get alot more easier;

-use all the time wis relics and thats pretty much for ck hyb...

Image<-- Click Image