Community - Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: HD Card Tool
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:43 am 

Hi Zenity

i just joining the game today
and also try to use your HDCardTool

while seems it working, but seems not for all card, some still blurry
and i also have few question if you dont mind

1. What the different from Update and Rebuild ?

2. i tried to modifiy the HDCardTool.configuration (using notepad)... but it always reset to default everytime i start HDCardTool
is this normal behaviour? is there i can do to modify this ?

3. what the different between Update and Rebuild ?
as for my understanding only need to use rebuild when i see broken images, right?

and just little suggestion
i am getting timeout in the middle downloading card images, after timeout it stuck and i need to restart from the start, maybe its good idea to have retry button on next tools version or maybe better like auto-resume, so we dont have to download from the start again

thank you for the tools

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:59 am 

Hi there and welcome to Carte :)

Update will only replace cards that are new and/or have been changed.
Rebuild will create a new zip file and replace every card. I've made Rebuild in case the Update option fails and it breaks the textures ingame or if you changed some of the card texture options like size or filter or compression in the configuration file.

The configuration should be modified before you start the application and not while it is running else it will revert to default. Also if you are using Windows7/Vista you should run it as administrator

Some cards might be blurry because they failed to download you should see that in the log.txt file created; for example you should see something like this (failed to download b_l.png from http://image.gamescampus.co.jp/carte/cardlist/b_l.png). Also you can change the CardDownloadServer to a different location and see if it helps. The default eu server is a bit lazy and didn't upload the new images yet so i've used the Jp server to update the cards on my machine. If you have any problems just check the log file or upload it here.

The timeout you're been getting it's a bug unfortunately and it occurs if the file takes longer than 40sec to download, as a temporary solution you could run the application in single threaded mode by setting MultiThreaded=no in the configuration file but it will be very slow. I will fix this problem in next release.

Thanks for using my tool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 am 

thanks for the reply Zenity

oh before i forget, i am using windows7 64bit
it works okay so far, only crash one time (sorry didnt memo it)

as for configuration, i edit it before running the tools, then run it (with admin privilege)
the tools seems following the edited configuration properly (it save card images to my hdd)
but each time i start again, the configuration reverted itself to default states automatically

do you have idea what causing it ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:41 am 

That is strange indeed, i've tested this tool on Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP 32 bit but it has never done that. I'll look into it for now, as a workaround, you can set the configuration file to read only, that will work i think. Anyway if you do get more crashes please copy/paste the text in log.txt here after you exit the application or upload it somewhere, that should help me pinpoint the cause.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:37 am 

hello

i did some few try on your HD tools
i manage to change the configuration, maybe last time cant be saved because my hdd full

the issue i am facing so far is the failed download, i got lots of failed download (checked from log)
i dunno if this my internet or the tools is to fast in requesting
my internet is kinda sucky atm, i only have 2mbps dsl line

i hope you can release new version with resume+retry function in it

and i want to ask, is rebuild will using downloaded card right ?
i mean update -> will update the card by downloading new cards right?
or both update and rebuild will use downloaded card first and try to download when it can't find the files ?

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:01 pm 

You probably get the failed downloads because of the time limit i set (the file must download in 40seconds or it will be cancelled and it will show up in the log as a failed download) probably your internet connection cannot handle that. You can tell the tool to download a single file only by running in single thread mode (it will be very slow though) and you should be able to download all cards i think.

If you set UseCardsFromDisk=yes in the configuration and you have used the Download Cards button before so the cards subfolder is created then yes Rebuild will use the cards it finds on disk else it will try to download them from the internet. Update will always download the cards no matter what. In the next release i will set Update to use cards from disk too if specified in the configuration file also i would let the user specify the file download time limit.

For the retry feature i can't really promise anything since i'll have to change alot of code to get it working.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:38 pm 

Looks like the 3-4 images are not available for download yet, is this normal? I seem to remember that it was almost immediate for the previous episodes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 am 

Yeah the US and EU didn't upload the new cards yet, change the CardDownloadServer link in the configuration file to either jp or kr servers and it should work but it is slow...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:59 am 

Got this problem with all cards:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:15 am 

Resenz wrote:

Can you upload that image somewhere else i get ¨The selected attachment does not exist anymore.¨ so i can't see it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:43 am 

Zenity wrote:
Resenz wrote:

Can you upload that image somewhere else i get ¨The selected attachment does not exist anymore.¨ so i can't see it

Sure.
http://oi48.tinypic.com/2ms3cp1.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:23 am 

Some patches ago they decided to change all the cards and remove the rarity/episode/chapter information from the card image to let the game draw these information above each card.

Open the HDCardTool.configuration file and edit the CardDownloadServer variable to anything except EU server since it didn't update the cards (e.g. CardDownloadServer=http://image.gamescampus.com/carte/cards/ if you are in EU or US) then open the tool and click Remove to delete all the previous HDcard packs.
Once the old cards are gone click Rebuild and grab yourself a cup of tea or something because it can take awhile depending on your internet speed, after it finishes close the tool now your cards should look as they should.

:!:
Please note that the the EU and US servers do not have the latest cards updated yet so you must change the CardDownloadServer in the configuration file yet again to the korean or jp server, open the tool and press Update to have the new episode3-4cards.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:57 am 

Thanks for help. I've tried but download speed of all other servers is only 50-100kb/sec with my 20 Mbit internet. Will try later...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:43 am 

Resenz wrote:
Thanks for help. I've tried but download speed of all other servers is only 50-100kb/sec with my 20 Mbit internet. Will try later...

I think they did something to limit the download, i get the fastest download speed from the JP server(300kb/s) and i'm in EU lol :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:06 am 

not sure if any one has run into this .simply decompiling the mrq to zip .then pulling the dds out and swaping the pics in the cards but not the whole cards so the cost and stats were right .then replacing the dds in the zip and turning it back to mrq and using the bypass.exe didnt work...it still wants to patch it

is it so wrong to use the pic of the infecte as a zombie since the zombie pic is bad even in high rez if not worse. no one uses the infecte. its not my fault they make most cards to be pointless and most of the old ones that every one uses have bad pics. high res dont make it better in every instance

am i stuck having to download all this stuff i wont use and swaping total maybe 8 png?will it still try to patch because of meta data or something equally pointless ? when they talk about creating new cards should i try to get more people to complain about old card looks so we dont have to look at high res eye sores

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next