Community - Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: PvE grind, YYBS vs Crit ornis
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:21 am 

So I finally made my IM saber ( thanks Prophet for making it for me).

Since I am grinding PvE I was wondering if I am better off putting YYBS ornis or using just crit ornis.

I still don't understand the YYBS and how they work. People say they hit "raw" damage but what does that mean. Is it raw damage as in "hidden" damage? Meaning it does additional damage to the damage that is displayed on the screen. For example, you hit a mob for 15k plus "hidden yy damage of 300. So even though you see 15k damage displayed on the screen you actually hit the mob for 15.3k. the 0.3k being the 'raw' damage.

I am asking because I noticed that when I added yybs to my weapon the damage was added to my maximum damage. For example, if my damage was 10k-14k and I added 1.2k yy then my damage now becomes 10k-15.2k. Since it's added to my original damage then wouldn't it mean that it also gets reduced when i hit mobs?

Another thing, I noticed that everyone is buying physical (body) ornis and they sell for way more than the others. Do they do the same kind of damage or not? If so why everyone buy physi? Someone told me Yin is useless.

I just want to put the best stuff in the slots of my IM saber for good grind. My crit is kinda low since I swapped out my dex ornis and sold my Scale deco.

Gonna go back to full dex for my H4 set and will just hope for another scale deco sale. even though I would rather another deco with the same stats. Scale deco is kinda ugly but is great for PvE.

Just looking for some neighbourly advice. Anyone feel like flaming just don't bother to post. I will ask the mods to delete it.

thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: PvE grind, YYBS vs Crit ornis
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:25 am 

Ill just refer to Fullneo's Guide for most of it: viewtopic.php?p=675397

Quote:
So first thing to know is how work this damage ?

Simple : you get 200 yin (or Yang or Body or Soul) damage if the guy against you don't have any resistance for this damage you take him 200 from his life.
Yep defense and shield (if the shield is not a special one) don't work on those damage !

As for Phys/Yin, If you can grab two-three healer buffs, then you'll have 100% resistance against Yin dmg, making Yin Worthless (at least in PVP). Getting Resistance for Phys Dmg is much harder, making it that much more expensive.

Since this is for your PVE weapon, you really should switch to Crit ornaments. The Crits you make should be well above the 1200 extra dmg from 4 300 yybs ornaments.

Also, You sold your Dragon Scale Deco? Damn, hope it was worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:41 am 

thanks.

The only good thing about crit is that my damage is kind of consistent without it a hit high and low. with yybs i do more damage on crit but i also hit low damage too so i guess it kinda cancels out.

hmmm......

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:04 pm 

WHen they say it hit's raw dmg it means that if even if u hit some1 just 100 dmg because of defence he will get +1200 from your yybs if he doesn't have any resistance.

As for PVE imagine like this u do 40k normal hit if u put YYbs u will do 41.2k normal and about 60k crit when u are lucky to do it... but if u make 40% crit u will do almost only crits that means 60k-60k-60k more and more times on a mob...it is better to do a crit at high lvl then a 1.2k dmg more....

YYBS are very good until 2nd role for grind if u are a melee after that they are worthless just good for pvp.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:03 am 

ExiStenx wrote:
WHen they say it hit's raw dmg it means that if even if u hit some1 just 100 dmg because of defence he will get +1200 from your yybs if he doesn't have any resistance.

As for PVE imagine like this u do 40k normal hit if u put YYbs u will do 41.2k normal and about 60k crit when u are lucky to do it... but if u make 40% crit u will do almost only crits that means 60k-60k-60k more and more times on a mob...it is better to do a crit at high lvl then a 1.2k dmg more....

YYBS are very good until 2nd role for grind if u are a melee after that they are worthless just good for pvp.

that clears things up. thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:00 pm 

I read nothing of this thread except the title. I'm assuming you want to know what's better in your wep? Go with 40% crit. YYBS grind is pointless if your on a carebear server.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:46 pm 

40% crit. dont put any leech. a healthy war needs only leech pt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:48 am 

roger roger (hate those clones) :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:38 pm 

YummyGirl wrote:
40% crit. dont put any leech. a healthy war needs only leech pt

i`d rather add some dmg in that wep instead of full 40% crit. But is just me and I`m doing great :P

Image<-- Click Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 pm 

Encyclopedia9D wrote:
I read nothing of this thread except the title. I'm assuming you want to know what's better in your wep? Go with 40% crit. YYBS grind is pointless if your on a carebear server.

Where did you appear in this forum all mighty leader? YYBS is just great in Loulan middle mobs, compared to 40% crit in weapon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:51 pm 

i think a heavy dex build will take care of the crit. meaning full dex H4 set, dex relics and scale deco \o/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:52 am 

personally i think 40% crit is overkill.

i currently use 20% crit and 600 phys. me likey.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:05 am 

Interesting topic and i still would like to know how is the rage balance with more or less
crit rate ?
Do you get a lot of rage in Tibet or Loulan ?
As i consider rage a good damage friend and sometimes it seems to build to slow with
that much crit .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 am 

so rage is built up each time you receive ew. ew is generated by being crit by a mob.

so rage generation and the characters ability to crit arent really related

if youre critting so much and killing things before they get a chance to crit on you... then your rage generation could suffer.