Community - Forum
It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What stats to look for on weapons?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 pm 

I have finally made it to Tibet and its almost time to get a new weapon. I've been using the no level/stat weapons from the hermit event last year. I want to buy a Projected Soul hermit weapon to refine but I just want to know what stats to look for. Which of these are the most important:

Strength
Damage Increased By X%
Maximum/Minimum Damage Increased By X%
Damage On Critical Hit X%
Physical Critical Rate

The stat that confuses me the most is the Damage Increased by X% because Hybrids/Healers have a mastery that increases damage by 5%. I maxed out that mastery and it added almost no damage. I think it added less than 50 damage. It seems like it should be a strong weapon stat but if it is anything like the hybrid/healer mastery, then it is bugged or mislabeled. I will probably put 40% critical nuggets and already have 300 base dexterity so I am not sure how important the additional critical rate would be.

What is everyone's opinion?

Post subject: Re: What stats to look for on weapons?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:54 pm 

Hu ?
You are able to trad the Hermit weapon from the last event to add them stat. The Trad option is in living then action tab then Weapon Trade. Here you will be able to add start to the Hermit weapon.

The % damage increase works on basic damage. That means the damage you have when you don't put any weapon on you char.
THere is also "increase weapon damage by X%" Only the damage from you weapon are boosted.

The better damage boost are "damage increased by X% on critical hit". The tips is make sure you have the maximum of critical rate (10000/10000) and then boost the damage on critical hit. :)

*Moved to Game Help section*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:30 pm 

Well if hes CK user so cant "choose" boost on critical hit..coz bracers dont have this stats..idk why but its huge disadvantage :o :o

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:36 am 

If you have not refined the hermit event weapon and its PS level then you should just make that 4 slots and use the weapons' trade feature described by FullNeo to see what stats you can get no your weapon.

Damage increase by x%
Damage increase by x% on critical hit and
All atributes increase by x amount are the stats that I think is the best on trade-able weapons.

Increasing your crit rate is a good way of increasing your crit damage.

I am not too sure how the critical feature works here. It seems to be a percentage (increase) of the real-time damage that you deal to mobs.

But I am used to critical being an automatic 100% increase on your real-time damage. This is if you were to damage a mob for 10k hp but the damage hit was critical then that damage would double to 20k hp(reduction on the mob). Thats not how it works here though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:41 am 

Damage increase on a critical hit, all attributes, and min/max dmg increase are pretty decent. I personally look for crit damage increase for my weapons.

As for full dex and crit rates well I use 40% crit in all my weapons and I have 300 base dex on my melee characters with enough stats to do so. The higher crit you have the more often you will hit for crits. It is not an exact thing however so if you get 100% crit you will not hit all crits. Another advantage to a higher crit rate is less EW. Not an issue if you are a healer or don't mind popping EW pills quite often during grind but it's a perk none the less.

FC7 Senior Phantom Demon
GL1 Senior Fire Demon ck build
Started December '06
Ex Acclaim VGM & Forum Mod