It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:24 am

RF's next Ninjutsu Scroll?
Yes please! 84%  84%  [ 21 ]
No thanks... 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 25
 Post subject: [ Scroll ] Karasu Ninjutsu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:04 pm 

PREFACE : Since we have a new age scroll below 30k carats, I think it’s time we put a new age scroll in the 30k-39k range. Based off of the Tekken trickster Raven, this stays true to his reactive playstyle and learning curve.

Quote:
Karasu Ninjutsu

35000c

Description :
“A high risk high reward style focusing on ambush strikes, reversals, mobility, and precision, rather than brute strength.”

Quote:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Quote:
name : No knockback, purely for mindgames

notes : (B1) > (1+2) > (F,F3)

gifs :
ImageImageImage

[80] [180] [110/110] = [ 260/300 ]

Image ~ User lunges, while raking. Movement and hitstun are very similar to Gentleman's first punch. Has enough stun that the second input will connect from back.

ImageImage ~ User spins from the scoop into a double palm thrust. During the thrust, a shadow of the user will dart forward two character spaces and turn back. If the user ends here, that shadow will simply poof out of existance.

ImageImageImage ~ On this input, the user poofs out of existance, and the shadow fully materializes into the user. Recovers like The Wind teleport move.

Quote:

Quote:
name : Punishment combo. Use it when they make a mistake, and their back is open.

notes : (F,F3)

gifs :
ImageImage

[80] [180] [110/110] = [ 260/300 ]

Image ~ User lunges, while raking. Movement and hitstun are very similar to Gentleman's first punch. Has enough stun that the second input will connect from back.

ImageImage ~ Mini bounce launcher like king pin.

ImageImageImage ~ Safety move that comes out fast, delays very well, but doesnt angle well or have a lot of blockstun. This move will push back a blocking opponent very far, otherwise the opponent will stagger as if hit by a panic. Has a good frame advantage on hit, but terrible blockstun. Can be angled away safely

Quote:
name :

notes : Super mega unbelievable 2026 two hitting ultra strike XXX of all time pomf~
(UF4) > (4)

gifs :

[90] [120] = [ 210 ]

Image ~ Comes out faster than the punch with higher stun, and a wider hitbox, but recovery is very poor.

ImageImage ~ Another wide hitbox with poor recovery.

Quote:
name :

notes : Punishment combo from the front. Catch people with second input. Should have similar delay/stun to Sanshou’s KPPP combo.
(UF4) > (DF1) > (D,DF,F3) > (LAB,F3+4)

gifs :
ImageImageImageImage

[90] [100] [150] [80] = [ 450 ]

Image ~ Comes out faster than the punch with higher stun, and a wider hitbox, but recovery is very poor.

ImageImage ~ Mid range poke. When fully charged it becomes a two hit:

ImageImageImage ~ Lifts opponents, while also leaping back one character space. The same as Drunken Master's kG special, but a lot faster.

ImageImageImageImage ~ Finishes the fence edge. On a standing opponent it acts as another mini bounce launcher.

Quote:
name :

notes : Opens up the opponents back

gifs :

[ 220 ]

Image ~ User flips over opponent like Shaolin Snake, before hitting them like Dirty's grab. Opponent remains standing after being grabbed.

Quote:
name :

notes : New counter mechanic, to make things run smoothly, and keep opponents on their toes. Kick quickly opens up back.
(B1+2) > (3)

gifs :

[ 190 / 245 ]

Image ~ Not a normal counter. User pulls back then comes crashing in with their shoulder. Same invincible frames as PaKuaKwon's kG. No animation, just a normal hit with a dodge function. Blockstun is essentially a death sentence, if stopped here.

ImageImage ~ User slides under opponent, flipping them onto their back.

Quote:
name :

notes : New jump punch. Youre welcome.

gifs :

[ 140 / 80 ]

Image ~ Similar to Plum Blossom Ninjutsu 4th punch, but with smaller hitbox, less knockback, and much better recovery. This is also the groundhit.

Quote:
name :

notes : New jump kick. Youre welcome.

gifs :

[ 110 ]

Image ~ Works similarly to a normal grab. It cant be countered, but the user can be hit out of it or grab someone that's attacking. On a miss it recovers like the normal jump kick. In the air, it just hits opponents.

Quote:
+ New different playstyle options
+ Juggles pretty easily
+ Kicks capitalize on punishment
+ Strong Wakeup game

+/- High risk high reward moves (jumps/counter/punch combo)
+/- Fairly technical

- Easily abused by well read offense, and far reaching hitboxes

Last edited by Epsllon on Tue May 05, 2015 10:26 am, edited 55 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [ Scroll ] Dark Talon
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:05 pm 

Played more tekken online. Took raven's actually viable commands. This looks better than the last at least (rip in piece Zurui). Good night.

2/25 - It begins
2/26 - Added poll and counter/grab info. Later added cosmetic changes
3/2 - Visual representations (PKK, kG).
3/3 - Removed PPK and visual for kG. Changed kG and G+K. Elaborated SDW.
3/4 - Finally finished those symbols lol on to the le gifz now!
3/9 - Added escape move to SDW kick branch. More of the details.
3/14 - More details and stuff in notes and descriptions. I should make a Steve Fox scroll, since I play him more at this point lmao
3/30 - Even more visuals! Big thanks to ColdBloodedKing for helping me out with the gifs. He makes my kokoro go doki doki~
4/16 - In the past two or three days I made significant changes. For one thing the kG doesnt lead to a seperate permanent stance. Also the SDW branches themselves were shortened from the originaly doubletap dodge, grab, counter, punch-kick, kick-punch, kick-cancel to simply punch-kick, kick, and counter. The "counter" is now an easy to punish omni grab with invi frames at the start.
4/19 - sdw kick animation.
4/21 - scrapped sdw entirely. Kept the punch launcher combo. added air punch/kick, two hit kick combo, kick based punisher and changed the grab.

Last edited by Epsllon on Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:23 am, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 pm 

Epsllon wrote:
Played more tekken online. Took raven's actually viable commands. This looks better than the last at least (rip in piece Zurui). Good night.

2/25 - It begins

Cant wait to see the finished product

Off topic what rank are you in tekken ? :o

Fall Like All Kings Must

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:45 am 

Trust me, the counter and grab really make this a Raven scroll.

"Beginner" lol I havent bothered going to ranked matches, because I assume it'll be like League Play on BO2. For now Im just trying to get good. Raging at chain grabs, and enjoying the moments where I somehow predict into a perfect on someone that smakt me two rounds in a row.

We gon' fight or nah? :3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:14 am 

Epsllon wrote:
Trust me, the counter and grab really make this a Raven scroll.

"Beginner" lol I havent bothered going to ranked matches, because I assume it'll be like League Play on BO2. For now Im just trying to get good. Raging at chain grabs, and enjoying the moments where I somehow predict into a perfect on someone that smakt me two rounds in a row.

We gon' fight or nah? :3

Im a Fujin on rank XD Lol I main Jin lee But sure what system ? :o

Fall Like All Kings Must

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:31 am 

Oh boyyyyy. Im going to end up countering through the whole match. TTT2 on ps3.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:19 pm 

this is a really good idea, it's so risky but so tasty

get some more raven gifs and you're set

it's galdeira

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:30 am 

Tayeus wrote:
this is a really good idea, it's so risky but so tasty

get some more raven gifs and you're set

Agreed. It looks like it'll hurt going against this scroll in game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:24 pm 

To be honest, if they design it the way they should, it'll be a bit underwelming. It'll have the learning curve a raven scroll should have.

Thanks for the support. cbk offered to help with the gifs, so I would expect them soon.

I feel like juggles should be stronger to compensate the very low overall damge. Any ideas? im considering a sdw kg that works by making a an airborne opponent bounce on the ground. Something like PK > K+GP > P > P > kG > P > P > PKK and also kGK > P > P > kG > P > P > PKK. maybe it should just have a back grab?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:17 pm 

It's not underwhelming, it's just weak. Barely any combos and almost no pros. Basically it's just unfinished, if you want it to be serious it needs more attention.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:21 am 

(Sorry if I wrote a book. Just skip to the last two sentences if you want to read my questions)

I dont think you ever played with Raven... he's a counterhit fishing player. He stays on the defensive punishing really bad strategies or seizing that one opportunity where they made a mistake. Just because you're not accustomed to that type of playstyle doesnt make it bad. Unfortunately this is a 35k scroll, so I couldnt throw in his better mix ups to trip people up.

The biggest pro is the different playstyle. People have to adapt to it in a way they never have before. Replacing the counter with a dodging hit means charge moves/one hit tricks/sniping/grabs are all crippled. Once the user enters SDW, it's a guessing game even if the opponent has memorized all the sdw branches, because there are so many options available.

Beyond that, it has plenty of pros for the kind of playstyle it focuses on. The kick is godly if used correctly (pure punishment) while still being forgiving, since the punch input lets you roll to safety possibly retaliating with the next kick input. The punch is good at what it does: launching opponents from their back. Plenty of opportunity for that by using:
-grab
-counter > kick
-kick > punch > kick
-sdw counter
-sdw kick punch
Still I did need to cripple its priority in order to make sure the scroll didnt suit an aggressive playstyle. It's the same with actually playing Raven. He forces you to not rush in. He forces you to stay back and strike when you should. You cans till quickly go into the offensive with the kG though. It will just feel like it has limited options since you cant switch to normal stance quite as seamlessly.

You dont need 6 different combos to be win. That would be a deterrent if anything. For 35k scroll, a sizable combo list would mean the combos themselves are less useful. Look at Darksider, Drunken Master, and Lucha Libre. The best of the carat scrolls and each has 5 combos or less. Im interested in your point about it being unfinished though. What gives you that impression? Where do you see a gaping hole in it's gameplay?

What do you mean by attention?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:17 pm 

JonyWalrus wrote:
It's not underwhelming, it's just weak. Barely any combos and almost no pros. Basically it's just unfinished, if you want it to be serious it needs more attention.

regular boxing has 2(!) combos (only one of which is useful,) just one viable playstyle, and can stil be a serious threat

i think you need to look at this guy's scroll a bit closer

it's galdeira

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:37 am 

I like the scroll, but it's too darn expensive! That's like 35$ for a scroll you crazy? By the way I could use your help for my scroll ultimate ninjiutsu. I don't know how to calculate hitbox, range, damage, recovery and all that stuff, and what does SDW even mean?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:00 pm 

I like this idea alot.

http://forum.gamescampus.com/viewtopic.php?f=986&t=350814&sid=71ea085025f9a373ba6cec8a9df8fece

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:42 am 

Hey, back from real life. Um it's 35k carats you walnut.
Uh lol no thanks. You just want DHN in shop. Keep playing and learn the lingo, it'll come. SDW is abbreviated "Shadow Stance." You would know that if you had at least tried to read.

Thanks 12.

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:24 am