Community - Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Not long enough
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:22 am 

Hi!

I've reached level 39, but when I'm playing with others, I find that i'm much shorter with my irons than they are. What can I do to get more length?
Should I buy a new set of irons? And if so : Which? (I'm using peacock for zygmunt, I think)
Should I start building towards power and not power/impact when I level up?

And another thing. I'm having trouble using/finding my slots! I get many cards/pins/other stuff, but I can't seem to use them. How do I do that?

Post subject: Re: Not long enough
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:28 am 

There are numerous reasons and one being stats. Hit me up in game and I can help you sort it out.

Barrab

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:05 pm 

Clubs for beginners and amatuers that you can buy from Salvador NPC are MUCH shorter than what most players use. Semi-pro clubs (such as Aeolos lvl 51 irons etc) however are much better and don't lose to top clubs in terms of distance all that much. But anyway ... playing with bad clubs only make you play better IMO ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 pm 

I actually feel like I'm a much better player than I would be with longer irons. I get up and down from inside 30 yards, 9 out of 10 times. But it's time to move on now.

If the clubs I buy from Salvador are short, then where do I buy the good clubs?

I could become a semi-pro in a short while, but it's really hard when i lack 30 yards with my irons. It's almost impossible to hit par 5's in two, and I can't get much stop on the long ones either.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:53 am 

ScienceIsGod wrote:
I actually feel like I'm a much better player than I would be with longer irons. I get up and down from inside 30 yards, 9 out of 10 times. But it's time to move on now.

If the clubs I buy from Salvador are short, then where do I buy the good clubs?

I could become a semi-pro in a short while, but it's really hard when i lack 30 yards with my irons. It's almost impossible to hit par 5's in two, and I can't get much stop on the long ones either.

You can get the better clubs like hurricanes or tempest or such in Auction House. You will need some NG's though. As for stats, right now you should have about 8 to 10 more on Impact over Power. Don't put any on Stamina and Skill is ok to leave around 25 or so for now. Hope this helps and good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:19 am 

OK.
How do I earn some NG's? Is it just by playing rounds? I've got about 4,8 mill. now, but when you make 1000-2000 per hole, theres a long way upwards.
Am I right in assuming that those clubs would be expensive at the auction house? I thought those at the shop were expensive.

I think my impact is 1 or 2 higher than my power now, and I've got no problems controlling direction, so I'm good there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:30 am 

Go into auction in game and look around. search on Zyg, clubs. To earn more NG you can buy low/sell high stuff in AH or you can spend some real $$$ for exp boxes and such on website to sell in AH for NG. What is your in game name? Maybe I can help you out a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:02 am 

My name in the game is JacScience.

I've played for some time, but usually by myself, so I have to play 20-25 rounds under par to level up. Great practice, but doesn't earn that much money or exp.

Maybe I'll go to the auction house and see what's happening there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:23 am 

The mission events (every other weekend) are great for earning NG. Pass the missions to get boxes and sell whatever comes out at the auction. Some of the quests also have decent prices. The auction should have quite cheap non-repairable hurricane/tempest/tornado clubs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:49 am 

I try to play mission events, but being a family man, it is easier to play a single player round. That way I can leave for 15 minutes in case of a "crisis" without upsetting 3 fourball-partners. The mission-events are for multiple players and not singles, right? Or am I mistaken there?

A completed most quests some 4-5 months ago. At one point I got some really nice irons(Tempest gold) as a price, but they "only" lasted for about 50-100 rounds, so now I'm back to basics.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:10 pm 

ScienceIsGod wrote:
I try to play mission events, but being a family man, it is easier to play a single player round. That way I can leave for 15 minutes in case of a "crisis" without upsetting 3 fourball-partners. The mission-events are for multiple players and not singles, right? Or am I mistaken there?

Yes the missions require 4 players. But normally people play 3,6 or 9 holes, so they don't take that long. It is played in foursome mode (2 teams), so each team shoots only once, which cuts the amount of shots in half compared to stroke mode.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:03 pm 

To round this off, I went to the auction house and actually succeeded in buying som irons(Tornado III red irons) at what I thougt was a reasonable price(1,1 mill.). That gave me 30-40 yards extra from the fairway, and should help a lot.

At this moment someone is paying me more than 2 mill. for some avatar extension ticket I once got, and didn't know what to do with. So I guess I should use the auction house a bit more, instead of just playing rounds.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:26 pm 

That's great! Glad you worked things out :)